Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2010, 11:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

You could speak to Autoriders or Car Club.Autoriders are decent enough,there is an ex-army man heading the Blore branch and its a decent place with decent vehicles.
Old 20th December 2010, 18:26   #32
BHPian

Re: Self-Drive Options - New Delhi / Chandigarh

Hi,

I had rented a WagonR from Autoriders in Delhi for a 10 day trip to Leh/Ladakh. I found the car quite good. They have a checklist and they will tell you all the tool kit and stuff before they handover the car.
Their behaviour was very professional and they dont charge for minor scratches etc. Dents are a different story. But they are reasonable as in either you get it repaired or they get it repaired from their workshop.

Cost was 900Rs / Day and 20K Security deposit.
Old 20th April 2011, 13:47   #33

I have had very good experience with Autoriders the last time I took a car from them. I had taken an Innova to travel to BR hills from Bangalore, around 5-6 months back. Very professional, vehicle was delivered to my doorstep and collected from my doorstep, and the person in charge explained all the terms in detail while delivering the vehicle.

They charge a refundable deposit of 25000 initially. For Innova, the daily rate was Rs. 2200 per day.

Now, for the coming long weekend of 22nd/23rd/24th, I have booked a Xylo to go to Red Hills near Ooty. Let us see if the service is as good as it was last time. I will provide an update here when I'm back.
Old 25th April 2011, 19:04   #34

Back from Ooty and Red Hills nature resort yesterday, after a wonderful three days. Had taken a self-drive Xylo this time, from Autoriders, and the experience was good this time too. This time they weren't able to home-deliver the car due to the extreme weekend rush, so I had to go to Domlur personally to pick up the vehicle. It took hardly half an hour to finish the formalities and collect the vehicle. Also, the car was in excellent condition throughout - no problems at all.

But they have added a few extra conditions in the recent past. Last time I took an Innova around 6 months back, there was no cap on the number of kilometers per day. Now the max limit is 200 km per day (250 for me, since I am a "regular" customer). Beyond that, they charge 8 rupees per kilometer.

Overall, I would recommend it. You can contact Syed: 9008114061. When you call him, do mention that you got the number from Vinay, who took a Xylo recently
Old 13th May 2011, 14:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangalorean View Post
But they have added a few extra conditions in the recent past. Last time I took an Innova around 6 months back, there was no cap on the number of kilometers per day. Now the max limit is 200 km per day (250 for me, since I am a "regular" customer). Beyond that, they charge 8 rupees per kilometer.
Bangalorean, thanks for the contact details, I hope to use it later this year
Is this cap applicable also if one rents the car for, say a week? And if we rent it for 5 days, is it strictly 200km per day or 1000km for 5 days? And how do they find out how much has been driven per day if we only return the car later?
Old 13th May 2011, 16:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

Usually if the cars are rented out for more than 3days,the cap is not applicable(this depends on negotiations if there is a clause)Hertz cap is only for less than 72 hours.

Even if its applicable,as 200kms per day for 5 days means,when you return the vehicle after 5 days,it should have run a total of 1000kms and anything above that would be charged at the rate per km.,they wouldnt check the kilometer on a daily basis.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 00:49   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Bangalorean, thanks for the contact details, I hope to use it later this year
Is this cap applicable also if one rents the car for, say a week? And if we rent it for 5 days, is it strictly 200km per day or 1000km for 5 days? And how do they find out how much has been driven per day if we only return the car later?
As far as I know, this cap is applicable even if you rent the car for a week.

And it is not strictly 200 km per day, they will calculate only the total at the end of 5 days.
Bangalorean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 16:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

I am going to eb in Bangalore around 17th Aug and was looking for a good deal on self hire for a 5 day period for a trip to Munnar.

Have done self hire in 2009 from Avis in Bangalore but the car was in shamfull condition and the prices were also high.

Was wondering if someoen from Bangalore could guide me towards the best possible self hire deal for a diesel Fiesta or someting similar.

Also do all self drive cars come with accident insurance or is it possible to buy cover for the rental period.

I should add that I have doen self drive from Avis In Hyderabad and teh service was excellent, got upgraded for free and the car was new and in good condition.

Last year did a self hire from Thrifty in Delhi for a hill station drive to nainital, Mussorie, Shimla, Kulu then back to Delhi thru Chandigarh.

The trip was awsome but the experience with Thrifty was terrible and the cars, a Corolla in thsi case, were very poorly maintained.

Last edited by wasif : 20th June 2011 at 16:44.
Old 20th June 2011, 17:48   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangalorean View Post
As far as I know, this cap is applicable even if you rent the car for a week.

And it is not strictly 200 km per day, they will calculate only the total at the end of 5 days.
^^^Agree. A few months ago, a friend rented an Innova from Autoriders. In addition to the obvious benefits of a selfdrive, it also worked out cheaper if one were to hire with a driver. IIRC, the per km cost after the free km was under Rs 15.
Old 21st June 2011, 04:27   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
I am going to eb in Bangalore around 17th Aug and was looking for a good deal on self hire for a 5 day period for a trip to Munnar.

Have done self hire in 2009 from Avis in Bangalore but the car was in shamfull condition and the prices were also high.

Was wondering if someoen from Bangalore could guide me towards the best possible self hire deal for a diesel Fiesta or someting similar.

Also do all self drive cars come with accident insurance or is it possible to buy cover for the rental period.

I should add that I have doen self drive from Avis In Hyderabad and teh service was excellent, got upgraded for free and the car was new and in good condition.

Last year did a self hire from Thrifty in Delhi for a hill station drive to nainital, Mussorie, Shimla, Kulu then back to Delhi thru Chandigarh.

The trip was awsome but the experience with Thrifty was terrible and the cars, a Corolla in thsi case, were very poorly maintained.
Insurance is part of the cost when you take a self-drive car.
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Are there any car companies offering self drive rentals from Coimbatore airport, would appreciate some help on this
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

You could contact Car Club,they have their services in Coimbatore.

Car Club-Car Rental Company In India
Old 23rd June 2011, 10:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
You could contact Car Club,they have their services in Coimbatore.

Car Club-Car Rental Company In India
Thanks, there is no link on their website to communicate with them !

Do you know if any car rental companies have a counter at the airport itself ?
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Thanks, there is no link on their website to communicate with them !

Do you know if any car rental companies have a counter at the airport itself ?
You wouldnt find self drive options in any airports other than at Hyd,Blore & Delhi?(that too only with prior bookings)

All other airports in the country have car rental counters but no self drive options available.

As for talking to Car Club,you could get in touch with them on 080-44171717
Old 20th August 2011, 20:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

Just finished my Bangalore - Munnar - Thekkadi - Bangalore trip. Rented from Avis and they delivered and picked up the car from the airport.

It was a good experience this time. Had booked a Fiesta but they upgraded us to a Innova which turned out to be a really nice and comfortable car for a long distance road trip.

The Colonel was out of cars so had to do Avis. The car was in pretty good condition too for a change.

Thanks for all your help and it was nice to catch you at the chinese place
wasif is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed