Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:51   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Just finished my Bangalore - Munnar - Thekkadi - Bangalore trip. Rented from Avis and they delivered and picked up the car from the airport.

It was a good experience this time. Had booked a Fiesta but they upgraded us to a Innova which turned out to be a really nice and comfortable car for a long distance road trip.

The Colonel was out of cars so had to do Avis. The car was in pretty good condition too for a change.

Thanks for all your help and it was nice to catch you at the chinese place
Hey good to know.Yes it was indeed a surprise to bump into you at Chinese Pavilion!.How were the rates with Avis?Could you please share the rates?Thanks.Did you book via their online tool or via the telephone.
Old 28th August 2011, 11:29   #47
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ranjt.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Got back t Abu Dhabi last week but a funny thing happened, am unable to post from my home PC. Everytime I try it says message too shot even when it is three paras long so couldn't post anyting till I rejoine office whihc is today.

I booked the car thru Avis India website. The booking was for Fiesta.

They were offering some discounts for affiliations so I used my HSBC Credit card number and got a bit of a discount.

The base price for the rental, on weekly basis, after discount was Rs. 13,200. The final price I aid after inclusion of the insurance and taxes was Rs. 20,500. This was for a seven day rental.

What do you think about he rat, was it OK or is it high.

The experience was actually good. They were waiting with the car atBangalore airport and after signing the agreement they took a copy o my DL and we were off.

On the return I droppedoff the car wth one of their associates at the airport and all was well. They charged Rs 600 extra forairport pick up and delivery.

The car was upgraded to a Innova which turned out to be a nice and comfortable car for long distance drives.

All in ll it was a pleasant experience renting with Avis in Bangalore this time.
Old 5th November 2011, 18:21   #48
BHPian

Self-drive car rentals in Ahmedabad

We are planning a week-long visit to Gujarat coming January.
Any idea of any self-drive car rentals from Ahmedabad?

Taxiforsure: Self drive in Ahmedabad |Self drive in Bangalore |Self drive in Chennai | Self drive in Delhi |Self drive in Gurgaon | Self drive in Hyderabad | Self drive in Kolkata | Self drive in Mumbai |Self drive in Pune is one that I found. Any others? Are these reliable enough?

Or do you feel that it's better to rent a chauffeur-driven car?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th November 2011, 19:26   #49
BHPian

Re: Self-drive car rentals in Ahmedabad

Typically, the cost of renting self drive car (typical small like swift) is comparable to hiring chaufer driven larger car (like Tavera or Innova). Hence, it is more practical to go for chaufer driven car. Just find a good travel agent.
Quatro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 11:35   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post
We are planning a week-long visit to Gujarat coming January.
Any idea of any self-drive car rentals from Ahmedabad?

Taxiforsure: Self drive in Ahmedabad |Self drive in Bangalore |Self drive in Chennai | Self drive in Delhi |Self drive in Gurgaon | Self drive in Hyderabad | Self drive in Kolkata | Self drive in Mumbai |Self drive in Pune is one that I found. Any others? Are these reliable enough?

Or do you feel that it's better to rent a chauffeur-driven car?

Thanks in advance.
I dont think there is any right answer to your question of hiring a taxi vis-a-vis a self driven.If you love driving,then ofcourse that should be the only option you should be thinking of.

As for self drive options,I am sure Autoriders has cars in Ahmedabad,and they are quite reputed.

www.autoriders.net

For more details,you could refer to this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-agencies.html

Mods,Kindly merge this post onto the self drive thread.
ranjitp1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 23:51   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
As for self drive options,I am sure Autoriders has cars in Ahmedabad,and they are quite reputed.

www.autoriders.net
Thanks ranjitp1 for the reference to autoriders. Unfortunately they have limited reach with respect to self-drive rentals -

From -||- Welcome to Autoriders International Limited -||- -

Quote:
Vehicles available on Self Drive are in following cities only: Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Chennai and Delhi.
Old 8th November 2011, 02:06   #52
BHPian

Check Carz on Rent. I once availed a self drive vehicle (when they were a franchise of Hertz). They have an office in Ahmedabad.
sureshurs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 11:53   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post
Thanks ranjitp1 for the reference to autoriders. Unfortunately they have limited reach with respect to self-drive rentals -

From -||- Welcome to Autoriders International Limited -||- -
Maybe it would be a good idea to call them up and check,as I do not see Hyderabad in their list of cities and I for one am sure they have self drive vehicles in Hyd.Probably the website hasnt been updated?
ranjitp1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 19:43   #54
Senior - BHPian

this market is not developed well yet i guess. i have checked with autoriders - they seem to have not yet renewed their licence for self drive cars.

avis does not have an innova ( all they have is upto Fiesta ) but stragely their website has innova listed with rates and even has a payment gateway to pay all without having the service !!

orix website asks you to contact their local office. have sent them an email and still waiting

i guess there is still some time to wait before such services are available commonly - atleast in Chennai
Old 19th December 2011, 19:51   #55
Senior - BHPian

Avis rented me an Innova in Bangalore in this Aug. The deal was for a Fiesta but they were out so I got upgraded to an Innova.

Maybe they don't have them available in the city you tried.
Old 19th December 2011, 23:49   #56
BHPian

I rented Innova multiple times from Avis in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Also check with Budget for Innova rentals
Old 9th April 2012, 03:28   #57

Hi, my 2 bucks here,

I am not sure if this info is well suited here. But, let me provide you a piece of information for anybody planning to make trips in and around mangalore.
( Like Coastal karnataka, agumbe ,hampi, chikmagalur, karwar, goa, wayanad, ooty, munnar etc. )

Car rent self drive cars available:-

Maruti alto @ INR 900/- per day
Maruti Ritz -D @ INR 1350/- per day
Maruti Ritz - P @ INR 1350/- per day

250 free Kms per day, and above which the cost is calculated as follows:-

extra cost =
((One day's Rent)/250)*(extra kilometers per day, above the alloted 250 kms)

No security deposit, but ID proof required, and Introduction from a previous customer. Thats all.

Trust me car's are extremely well maintained.

He gives Full tank fuel at the start, when returning we need to return by tanking up full. And, the car's are white board cars, so no jhanjhat of permits when going inter-state and all. You can use it as your own car.

As simple as that.

This might be of help to people.

Thanks and Regards
~TheRedPaladin a.k.a Karthik
TheRedPaladin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:57   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedPaladin View Post
Hi, my 2 bucks here,
Car rent self drive cars available:-
No security deposit, but ID proof required, and Introduction from a previous customer. Thats all.
Trust me car's are extremely well maintained.
He gives Full tank fuel at the start, when returning we need to return by tanking up full. And, the car's are white board cars, so no jhanjhat of permits when going inter-state and all. You can use it as your own car.
~TheRedPaladin a.k.a Karthik
What is the name and contact# of this agency?
Old 24th April 2012, 11:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hertz India is Orix now

Looks like Hertz has discontinued their customer referral program with Carzonrent.Hertz referrals in India are now being handled by Orix India which in all likelihood is going to be bought over by Hertz.ORIX India
Old 19th May 2012, 15:11   #60
BHPian

Hi all,

We are on the lookout for a car which would comfortably accomodate 7 people, preferably an Innova. We want to drive down from Bangalore to Goa however there are hardly any agencies that would offer cars on self drive basis. I contacted Avis and Hertz, however all their Innovas are booked. We want the car from this coming monday for a week.
On the other hand, is there any bhpian in Bangalore who could lend me a car and we could sort out a deal?

Most Viewed