Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2014, 08:54   #61
Team-BHP Support

re: Delhi - Agra - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinand View Post
Hi,

My wife and I are driving across the country and are currently in Agra, could someone please share status of current road conditions from here to Bangalore NOT via Mumbai please. We would like to drive past central India if conditions are favourable.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srinand.
You can do Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Damoh-Jabalpur-Seoni-Nagpur.

Not all that great roads.

Use this as reference:
https://www.facebook.com/36451988030...type=1&theater
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 09:45   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

My wife and I are driving across the country and are currently in Agra, could someone please share status of current road conditions from here to Bangalore NOT via Mumbai please. We would like to drive past central India if conditions are favourable.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srinand.
Agra-Gwalior is fine.
Gwalior-Jhansi may perhaps rank as the worst road in India at the moment. Take a 80-km detour & go via Shivpuri to Jhansi, good roads.
Jhansi-Sagar-Laknadn-Seoni-Nagpur is fine.
South of Nagpur, bad sectors in Hinganghat-Pandharawada-AP border.
Absolutel pathetic facilities throughout the rote till Hyerabad.
Consider overnight stay at either Sagar or Narasingpur.
hvkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 11:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Agra-Gwalior is fine.
Gwalior-Jhansi may perhaps rank as the worst road in India at the moment. Take a 80-km detour & go via Shivpuri to Jhansi, good roads.
How is the stretch via Pench?Has anything been heard on that stretch through the forest.

Quote:
Absolutely pathetic facilities throughout the rote till Hyerabad.
Infact hardly any facilities even after Hyderabad all the way till Devanahalli!Especially if one is to take the Hyderabad ORR then eating facilities are nil.

Quote:
Consider overnight stay at either Sagar or Narasingpur
Sagar: www.hoteldeepali.com

Quote:
Regards,

Srinand.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 12:06   #64
BHPian

Hi,

Firstly, thanks to everyone for the valuable information. Considering the bad roads and lack of facilities through central India, we are thinking of driving across towards Calcutta and checking out Varanasi and Bhubaneswar instead of Khajuraho and Orchcha. I hope these roads are in good shape?

thanks again,

regards,

Srinand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You can do Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Damoh-Jabalpur-Seoni-Nagpur.

Not all that great roads.

Use this as reference:
https://www.facebook.com/36451988030...type=1&theater
Quote:
Agra-Gwalior is fine.
Consider overnight stay at either Sagar or Narasingpur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
How is the stretch via Pench?Has anything been heard on that stretch through the forest.

Infact hardly any facilities even after Hyderabad all the way till Devanahalli!Especially if one is to take the Hyderabad ORR then eating facilities are nil.

Sagar: www.hoteldeepali.com
srinand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 12:16   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Firstly, thanks to everyone for the valuable information. Considering the bad roads and lack of facilities through central India, we are thinking of driving across towards Calcutta and checking out Varanasi and Bhubaneswar instead of Khajuraho and Orchcha. I hope these roads are in good shape?

thanks again,

regards,

Srinand.
Yes, that route is good. Stick to GQ route.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 12:43   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Calcutta and checking out Varanasi and Bhubaneswar
NH2 to Kolkata and then NH5 onwards via Bhubaneswar-Vizag till Nayudupet where you veer off towards Srikalahasti to connect to the NH4 are all in good shape.

Should you want to try a different route,you can divert off the NH5 at Vijayawada and take the NH9-NH7 route to Bangalore via Hyderabad-Kurnool-Anantpur.More distance but blissful roads and you dont leave the 4 laned roads ever.

This thread would give you more details http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...detail-20.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...tiniketan.html

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 13th February 2014 at 12:47.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 08:50   #67
BHPian

Hi,

We just drove from Agra to Allahabad, the roads are fine but for a lot of diversions and humps till about Kanpur, after which very good till about 20-30 kms before Allahabad. The diversion towards the city is a stretch which is quite bad. Just wanted to share the status.

Regards,

Srinand.
Old 27th February 2014, 10:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
There is quite a good eating joint on NH7 some kms after Hyderabad - if one is traveling South. On the left - there is also a mockup of a car hanging from the restaurant. There is a CCD there as well.

Eating joints are a problem on the Bangalore - Nagpur stretch if one is traveling with family. But for a single male traveler or a group of guys, there are a number of roadside dhabas that serve decent food. Just step into one frequented by lots of truck drivers.

I have been eating at dhabas during my roadtrips, haven't faced any problems. I do drink bottled water and avoid cut fruits and raw veggies at these places. The diesel fumes (from generators) add a nice taste and sound to the eating experience

And for breakfast, almost any joint on NH7 can rustle up alu-puri or egg bhurji - parathas.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 10:53   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
There is quite a good eating joint on NH7 some kms after Hyderabad - if one is traveling South. On the left - there is also a mockup of a car hanging from the restaurant. There is a CCD there as well.
I had bad experience eating just before Hyderabad while coming from Nagpur side. There is decent big restaurant on first floor left side. After finishing food and crossing Hyderabad, I had very bad food poisoning. I just kept some medicine without that it was hard to drive till Bangalore.
Generally, my immune to such road side food is good but that food in decent restaurant was really bad.

When I was driving first time few years back from Nagpur to Bangalore, I remember I had dinner in Adilabad and it was very good and stomach friendly.

While driving in southern states, i generally look for typical South Indian Meals, because it is always freshly cooked. I kinda avoid other made-to-order foods.

I just advice all travelers to keep all possible medicines while traveling.
Old 9th August 2015, 14:57   #70
BHPian

Hello Fellow BHP'ans

I intend to do a road trip to Delhi,actually to Shiv Nadar university(SNU) near Greater Noida from Bangalore with my wife and kid of 11 years during November second week.Since this is at the eastern side of Delhi travelling via the Ahmedabad Mumbai route is ruled out as it entails travelling an additional 200 KMS.

So here is my ambitious plan

Day 1.

Home,Hennur Road at 5 am

Hyderabad 1230 pm lunch

Leave Hyderabad at 130 -reach Nagpur at 9 pm and Halt(1100 KMS)

Day 2

Nagpur -Sagar-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Yamuna express way to Greater Noida and SNU -Leave at 5 am -Lunch en-route and reach SNU by 9 pm(1009 KMS)

Will be driving my Innova-Generally I do cover 80kms/Hour during my drives to Goa,Hyderabad,Madurai Chennai etc.I have hence budgeted the same pace here providing for convenience stops here and there.And plan cover 2100 kms in 30 hrs of driving

So fellow travelers does it work? If not why? If yes from a security stand point does this route especially the stretches between Nagpur and Hyderabad and from Nagpur to Agra-Are these safe? Are there alternative options w.r.to current road conditions?

Sincerely appreciate inputs.

Thanks
Subbu
subbu567 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 10:41   #71
RCD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Planning to drive down from Delhi to Bangalore sometime this month in a Baleno. Want to visit the Taj Mahal on the way. What would be the best route to cover Delhi-Agra-Bangalore? Would it worth driving from Agra to Jaipur and follow the GQ?

What are the places worth seeing on this route? Between Delhi-Bombay.

Abhi,Hvk and others. Your views will be extremely helpful. So shoot guys..

We will have atleast 3-4 drivers. So driving for really long stretches is not the issue. Could you guys list out the best possible route and must visit places along the way? Thanks in advance..
I drove in the opposite direction last month, so feel I can contribute. From Delhi to Agra is a breeze on the Yamuna highway. I took exactly 2 hours to cover the 200 km using my cruise control most of the way. From Agra it would be better to come down towards MP ( Sagar ) and then Nagpur , Hyderabad and Bangalore. From Agra till you get out of UP there will both be heavy traffic and not so good roads. I suggest you leave Agra as early as possible so as to avoid local traffic between Agra-Gwalior & Jhansi. Thereafter its all smooth sailing except for a small stretch before Nagpur where work on making the road double lane is going on. You don't need to enter Nagpur city unless you want to. There are some fairly good hotels on the highway itself ( near the industrial area just after Nagpur ) where you can spend the night.

The road from Nagpur to Bangalore is superb. Excellent 4 lane road with very little traffic except for a couple of towns on the way. I usually do it ( 1000 km ) without stopping overnight.
RCD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 13:36   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbu567 View Post
Day 1.
Home,Hennur Road at 5 am
Since you are mentally prepared for an ambitious drive. I'd suggest you start much earlier like 230-3am. The reason I say this is, you can deal with the bad stretches in MH border in more broad daylight.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 18:06   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Since you are mentally prepared for an ambitious drive. I'd suggest you start much earlier like 230-3am. The reason I say this is, you can deal with the bad stretches in MH border in more broad daylight.
Thank you. Read in other threads about the bad condition of the road around TS and MH borders. Hence immensely useful to start early. It is 3 am then!

Last edited by subbu567 : 11th August 2015 at 18:18.
Old 12th August 2015, 09:04   #74
J.Ravi

Quote:
So fellow travelers does it work?
It does. I have driven on this route twice, in 2011 and 2014.

Delhi - Agra - Bangalore : Route Queries-drivingstatisticsleh.jpg

Delhi - Agra - Bangalore : Route Queries-actualschedule.jpg

Quote:
If yes from a security stand point does this route especially the stretches between Nagpur and Hyderabad and from Nagpur to Agra-Are these safe?
Absolutely safe. I have crossed the dreaded Chambal valley in the night.
  (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 19:45   #75
RCD
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Fellow BHP'ans

I intend to do a road trip to Delhi,actually to Shiv Nadar university(SNU) near Greater Noida from Bangalore with my wife and kid of 11 years during November second week.Since this is at the eastern side of Delhi travelling via the Ahmedabad Mumbai route is ruled out as it entails travelling an additional 200 KMS.

Day 1.

Home,Hennur Road at 5 am

Hyderabad 1230 pm lunch

Leave Hyderabad at 130 -reach Nagpur at 9 pm and Halt(1100 KMS)

Day 2

Nagpur -Sagar-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Yamuna express way to Greater Noida and SNU -Leave at 5 am -Lunch en-route and reach SNU by 9 pm(1009 KMS)

Will be driving my Innova-Generally I do cover 80kms/Hour during my drives to Goa,Hyderabad,Madurai Chennai etc.I have hence budgeted the same pace here providing for convenience stops here and there.And plan cover 2100 kms in 30 hrs of driving

So fellow travelers does it work? If not why? If yes from a security stand point does this route especially the stretches between Nagpur and Hyderabad and from Nagpur to Agra-Are these safe? Are there alternative options w.r.to current road conditions?

Sincerely appreciate inputs.

Thanks
Subbu
I drove along the same route on my way to Ladakh from Bangalore last month, so think I should be able to comment on the route you have chosen.

The Bangalore - Hyderabad stretch is excellent. 4 lane road with very little traffic, except for a few small towns where the road seems to pass through the town. Reaching Hyderabad by lunch time should not be a problem. Do not enter Hyderabad itself, but turn left onto the ring road that connects on to the Nagpur Highway. Shortly after you get onto the Nagpur highway you will see some large garden restaurant kind of places on the left side. We had excellent Hyderabadi Chicken Biriyani at one of them. Their portions are huge, and 2 Biriyanis was sufficient for four of us.

From Hyderabad onward the road is not as good as the first 500 kms. But the traffic remains light so even when its not four lane you should still manage to maintain a good and steady speed. There are very few options of places to eat between Hyderabad and Nagpur, so ensure you carry something to munch towards evening, especially if you have a child along with you.

At Nagpur, we stayed at Hotel Royal Regency which is just off the highway at MIDC in Butibori. We had left Bangalore at 4 am , and so reached by 7 30 pm. The distance is just about 1000 km. The hotel has clean air conditioned rooms and a good restaurant. Also, they have a wall around the building with cc TV and security outside so your car will be safe.

From Nagpur, the road deteriorates a bit. Be careful as there are some huge craters that you will need to avoid. Once in MP the roads are surprisingly good. The route to Sagar and beyond was excellent though without too much by way of eating options. But traffic is light and you can make excellent time.

Towards evening you will approach UP and the roads get bad and so does the traffic. The stretch from Jhansi to Gwalior and on to Agra has very heavy traffic and will take a lot of time. You will be lucky to average 45 km/hour on this stretch, so ensure you leave Nagpur as early as possible, or else you will find this stretch terrible with evening traffic as I had experienced.

The final leg from Agra to Delhi along the Yamuna express way is pure bliss. It took me exactly 2 hours having set my cruise control at 100 km/hr. The overall distance from Bangalore to Delhi is just over 2000 km and can be done comfortably in 2 days provided you make very early starts around 4 am.
RCD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks