Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 09:50   #46
Senior - BHPian

Follow up question: Is it possible to avoid Mumbai, somehow ? The thought of entering that city terrifies me. And, if one necessarily needs to, are the directions to NH4 well marked ?

What might the total toll between Delhi-Bangalore approx be ?
Old 26th August 2010, 10:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Follow up question: Is it possible to avoid Mumbai, somehow ? The thought of entering that city terrifies me. And, if one necessarily needs to, are the directions to NH4 well marked ?
Crossing Bombay is the most pleasant experience, and you can follow the guide that I have made:
HOW TO BYPASS BOMBAY via New Bombay - from South side - hvkumar | Google Groups

You will bypass Bombay faster than you can get from Yeswantpur to Nelamangala, double the distance, no traffic jams.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2010, 10:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

Thanks hvk. So I gotta basically take that in reverse. Same landmarks.
Old 26th August 2010, 10:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Here is the route from the North side
HOW TO BYPASS BOMBAY via New Bombay - North side - hvkumar | Google Groups
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2010, 10:39   #50
Senior - BHPian

Wow - you should write a book - updated annually This is very detailed info, and I'll keep the printout handy. Thanks a ton.
Old 9th September 2010, 14:45   #51
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have updates related to the fierce rains the North has been experiencing ? Are the major highways/GQ drivable ?
Old 15th September 2010, 11:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

Wow, what a drive that was!

Day 1: Meerut - Udaipur. 750. 13hrs incl all breaks. Horrendous road bet Meerut and Delhi. Awesome from there on. Rajasthan is pertty, interesting and with lovely roads. Mewar is truly fascinating!
Day 2: Udaipur - near Manor (80 kms before Mum). 12 hrs 695 + 15 kms inside Udaipur lakes/palaces etc. The day started with pertty hills, light rain and awesome roads again. Gujarat got boring/industrial after a while and then downright painful with inconsistent to horrible roads. Got worse once in Maharashtra - I totally intend to dash off a mail to the NHAI about IRB collecting toll for that kind of surface.
Day 3: Manor - Bangalore 1090 kms. 19.5 hrs. After the initial pain into Mumbai, breezed through the city courtesy totally awesome directions thanks to hvkumar (with dad playing navigator off the printout of his directions).

2550kms, 44.5 hrs on the road (drive + stoppages), 17kmpl and a lovely experience. So many places which were just names have images associated in the head now.

@hvkumar - thanks again for the directions, and esp the Mum-crossing details! Was really helpful.
Old 11th July 2012, 16:53   #53
BHPian

re: Delhi - Agra - Bangalore : Route Queries

Sorry to revive this topic again. This thread being old, and many routes discussed, what is today the best route to reach Delhi from Bangalore?
Old 11th July 2012, 18:44   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Sorry to revive this topic again. This thread being old, and many routes discussed, what is today the best route to reach Delhi from Bangalore?
Bangalore-Pune-Ahmedabad-Udaipur-Chittor-Jaipur-Gurgaon-Delhi

Day 1: Bangalore-Mumbai

Day 2:Mumbai-Udaipur

Day 3:Udaipur-Delhi

Blr-Hyd-Nagpur-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi still has incomplete sections,so easier to go via NH4.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 23:22   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1

Bangalore-Pune-Ahmedabad-Udaipur-Chittor-Jaipur-Gurgaon-Delhi

Day 1: Bangalore-Mumbai

Day 2:Mumbai-Udaipur

Day 3:Udaipur-Delhi

Blr-Hyd-Nagpur-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi still has incomplete sections,so easier to go via NH4.
Planning to do Delhi to Kochi during august through the Delhi Mumbai route, though I have travelled through central Indian route many times, the roads can be patchy at many places, trying the alternate route and should be able to give a correct appreciation as to which is the better route.
Old 12th July 2012, 09:52   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Planning to do Delhi to Kochi during august through the Delhi Mumbai route, though I have travelled through central Indian route many times, the roads can be patchy at many places, trying the alternate route and should be able to give a correct appreciation as to which is the better route.
When you mean Central India, I hope you mean Agra/Gwalior/Indore/Pune.
If yes, then true they are patchy. As Ranjit said its much easier to go via Ahmedabad/Mumbai/Pune.
Old 15th August 2013, 17:32   #57

need extensive help (bangalore-delhi)

Hi my name is Asif... I will be travelling from Bangalore to Delhi by road in the beginning of september.. I want to find out what is the best route I can take ? I have a TATA WINGER and I'd be going with my family of 5,... Dad, Mom, bro, sis n me... Now let me give u some very important information.. I am Quadriplegic which means I can't move and I am going for rehab.. I would not want to travel for more than 14 hours a day..

Google tells me about 2 routes

Bangalore-hyderabad-nagpur-gwalior-agra-delhi
Bangalore-pune-mumbai-vadodara-udaipur-delhi

What do u suggest ? I've heard that the roads after Nagpur through jhansi and Gwalior is terrible.. Although the route is shorter..
Good roads is my priority.. Also can u suggest to me hotels and places I can stop at.. which cities should I stay over at nights.. which are wheel chair friendly ? Things I should watch out for ? Things which I necessarily need to take with me as I have never travelled this far.
Asif Sayani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 21:45   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif Sayani View Post
What do u suggest ? I've heard that the roads after Nagpur through jhansi and Gwalior is terrible.. Although the route is shorter..
Good roads is my priority.
It has to be via Pune Bombay. Good roads all the way.
Old 16th August 2013, 09:11   #59
Senior - BHPian

Re: need extensive help (bangalore-delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif Sayani View Post
Google tells me about 2 routes

Bangalore-hyderabad-nagpur-gwalior-agra-delhi
Bangalore-pune-mumbai-vadodara-udaipur-delhi
Option number three.

http://goo.gl/maps/i2t9L

Avoids the heavy traffic Delhi-Jaipur section. Also avoids Mumbai and traffic around it.
Old 13th February 2014, 07:36   #60
BHPian

Hi,

My wife and I are driving across the country and are currently in Agra, could someone please share status of current road conditions from here to Bangalore NOT via Mumbai please. We would like to drive past central India if conditions are favourable.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srinand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks