Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 05:15   #16
BHPian

Thanks Rk and Sunny.

I had another question on how safe these taxi's are. I have heard many stories of loot and even murder all related to taxi's or during commute within Delhi. Not sure how far those are true but Can you guys give me a short list of What not to do?
Old 21st May 2009, 06:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Qualis/Sumo is definately the best option for you considering your travel plan / number of members etc.

I also wanted to know if this is your very first visit to India or have you been here before because that would give us a better understanding on telling you the What not to Do List

Last edited by harishnayak : 21st May 2009 at 06:14.
Old 21st May 2009, 06:21   #18
BHPian

There is another one known as Quick Cabs: +91-11-45333333
These guys only have Tata Indica's (A/C), but they charge Rs. 7.50 per km. On a point to point basis.
Old 21st May 2009, 07:44   #19
BHPian

No Harish. I have lived most of my life in India I am from the south and I am familiar with most metros - chennai, bangalore and a even little of mumbai. I just needed to know if there are any specifics in Delhi that I should be careful about. Like taking the taxi from a specific location or group, any place I should stay away from and sorts..
Old 21st May 2009, 10:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post
Thanks Rk and Sunny.

I had another question on how safe these taxi's are. I have heard many stories of loot and even murder all related to taxi's or during commute within Delhi. Not sure how far those are true but Can you guys give me a short list of What not to do?
You need not to be worried too much traveling on day time, and with the well known cabs. Even on nights also its no problem.

Just be careful when you are hiring taxi from local cabs. And I suggest to hire the taxi from someone you know or refereed by known.

Also remember, these local cabs, are very fraud in terms of car quality, they will say the car is very good and AC is working. But you might get the shock with a dirty car waiting for you, scratched all over and AC not functioning properly.

In case you need anything in Gurgaon, I can help.
Old 21st May 2009, 11:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
You need not to be worried too much traveling on day time, and with the well known cabs. Even on nights also its no problem.

Just be careful when you are hiring taxi from local cabs. And I suggest to hire the taxi from someone you know or refereed by known.

Also remember, these local cabs, are very fraud in terms of car quality, they will say the car is very good and AC is working. But you might get the shock with a dirty car waiting for you, scratched all over and AC not functioning properly.

In case you need anything in Gurgaon, I can help.
thanks again Rajiv.. right now i am not sure where i am going to be in delhi but i will let you know if need anything. thanks for the offer
Old 25th May 2009, 15:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post
Wov!! Thanks a lot for the response guys. I think I should have given my requirements a little more in detail.. So here goes..

@Myavu: I am ok with the rate. But can you share more details like a min km or anything like that I should be knowing about?
No minimum KM. Ride as many KMs you want. If you are interested Book the Cab at least 2 days in advance

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks