Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 12:55   #1
BHPian

Route Info Needed : Bangalore to Viruthachalam(TN)

Dudes,

I need to travel on 28 th March, to Viruthachalam ( TamilNadu ) from Bangalore for a marriege. I need you guys to help me about the route and it is little bit urgent too.

One route I knew is bangy-> krishnagiri-> Thiruvannamalai-> thirukovilor-> panrutti-> viruthachalam.

I would like to know any other short/best routes available to viruthachalam.
Also I would like to know current status of the road conditions in the route I mentioned above.

Your help would be greatly appretiated.

Thanks.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Panruti is a little bit of roundabout. The other option is to take the right into NH45 once you hit it on the way from Thirukoyilur - Panruti. However this road is being 4 laned.

You take NH45 and after about 25 kms (not very sure) take left towards Mangalampet and Virudachalam. Check out mapmyindia.com.

Roads from Krishnagiri towards Thiruvannamalai are in ok condition. After the rains its a little bit dodgy at places. Watch out for some sharp curves. Ask in Thiruvannamalai for the route towards Thirukovilur. You would need to take a right from Thiruvannamalai but where the right is any amount of writing will not help. Best is to ask a cop.
Old 25th May 2009, 17:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

You could also do Bangalore - Salem - Attur - Thalivasal - Veppur - Vridachalam. It could be longer by about 20 kms but you would get good roads upto Salem. If somebody can confirm the conditions of Salem - Veppur stretch then you could consider this.
Old 26th May 2009, 09:00   #4
BHPian

Salem- Athur- kallakurichi- ulundurpet- vridhachalam.
Ideal route.
Old 27th May 2009, 12:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Salem- Athur- kallakurichi- ulundurpet- vridhachalam.
Ideal route.
You can go straight to Vridachalam from Talaivasal via Veppur (cross the NH 45) instead of coming via Kallakurichi, Ulundurpet isnt it. If you are suggesting the route via Ulundurpet on account of road conditions I suppose then its a different issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks