Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 12:12   #16
BHPian

Quick Update: I'm forced to abandon this road trip for lack of driving/traveling companion and lack of time. Taking a flight instead.

The information would certainly be useful for my new plan to do this route in July or May. Thanks for all the support.
Old 7th June 2009, 10:54   #17

Hi, this is a BHPian from Hyderabad who loves long journeys. A good friend of Tirthankars too.
Have you left are yet to leave for Mangalore?

Next time if you r in need of a travel companion/co-driver, get in touch. I am a practising advocate in the High Court and weekends should be fine for me to travel long journeys.

Happy journey.

D.R.VARMA
drvarma1@rediffmail.com
Old 8th June 2009, 10:11   #18
BHPian

Thanks D.R Varma

Please check your PM.
Old 19th September 2009, 22:36   #19
BHPian

Time has come to revive this journey again!

Since we are just past the monsoons, I would highly appreciate any updates to the routes and road conditions.
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Time has come to revive this journey again!

Since we are just past the monsoons, I would highly appreciate any updates to the routes and road conditions.
I returned from Sri Sailam yesterday roads from Kurnool to Bangalore are good but work is still in progress and at many places diversion is marked and traffic is directed to opposit lanes for full 5-10 kilometers instead of bringing back to lanes on same side after the affected area. some times even lanes get switched and you will feel as if India has moved to Left hand driving. At some places lanes are complete but still stones for diversion are not removed.

If you are going via Bangalore you need to avoid Bangalore - Neelmangla stretch on NH4 .
On BIAL road (on NH7 ) look for Daudballapur road and take Daudballapur - Dobbaspet - Tumkur.

Near to Bangalore when you see 80 Km/hr speed limit don't exceed usually there is a radar gun van on this road and you will have to pay 300 Rs fine.
Old 17th December 2009, 01:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

I did Hyderabad - Raichur - Gadag - Hubli - Ankola- Gokarna in a Baleno last December. Total trip time was about 13 hours (~700 kms) with 2 kids (age 2 and 6) in the car necessitating more than normal breaks. Roads were generally good with good amount of mine lorries between / around the Gadag-Hubli-Ankola section but no jams. About 12 kms around Gadag was a bit broken but thats about it.

The worst part of the drive was the uneven and poorly paved NH17. Again no potholes but rough and uneven in a lot of places thereby limiting cruising to <80 kmph.

I would say it is doable, especially if you can share the driving load..otherwise there are quite a bit of ghat sections on the way and a tired driver can drive off the road.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 17th December 2009 at 01:23.
Old 8th November 2012, 16:08   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Mangalore: 850 Kms: Doable in a day?

I need to travel from Chitradurga to Anantapur on 17th or 18th of this month
route suggestions anyone?

Note to mods:
Pardon my ignorance but this is the best thread I could find to post this query.
As always, you can keep your forum clean and feel free to delete my post if I'm wrong.
Old 8th November 2012, 17:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I need to travel from Chitradurga to Anantapur on 17th or 18th of this month
route suggestions anyone?
The usual route is via Challakere-Pavagada to join Penukonda on NH7.Chitradurga-Challakere is a narrow road.Not sure of current conditions,but usually the road is quite ok.You might want to enquire at the NH4 turn off at Chitradurga about conditions,dont foresee much of a problem with conditions though.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...a=1,2&t=m&z=10
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 23:17   #24
BHPian

What's the latest condition of the road from Hyd to Mangalore ? Was thinking the route

Hyd-Kurnool-Bellary-Davengere-Shimoga-Udupi-Mangalore

Did anyone do this recently ? Are the roads good ? The other option is

Hyd-Devanahalli-Tumkur-Hassan-Mangalore.

Requesting the team members to provide feedback on the latest road conditions.
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
What's the latest condition of the road from Hyd to Mangalore ? Was thinking the route

Hyd-Kurnool-Bellary-Davengere-Shimoga-Udupi-Mangalore

Did anyone do this recently ? Are the roads good ? The other option is

Hyd-Devanahalli-Tumkur-Hassan-Mangalore.

Requesting the team members to provide feedback on the latest road conditions.
Going via Devanahalli is the easier and better option (both in terms of road conditions as well as wayside facilities)Time taken is going to be more or less the same but it's a stress-free drive.
Old 30th October 2023, 20:41   #26

I recently took the route from Hyderabad to Dharmasthala. I took the Bangalore route. I started at 5.25 AM and reached Dharmasthala at 9.15 PM. The NH75 was good for the first 100 KMS, but later on, it was in a very bad condition. The highway was all dug up for expansion and took me approx. 3 hours to cover 100kms. This was in Mid Oct 2023. Thought of sharing it with fellow Travellers.
roadtraveller is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks