Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 19:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Please help! Train to Nellore?

Hey guys, we have a dental conference in Nellore in the first week of July.
I need to find the most convenient way to get to Nellore from Mumbai BY TRAIN.
There are 2 routes, one from Chennai by road and the other from Hyderabad, in another train.
Can you'll suggest something else, maybe less tiring??
Old 8th June 2009, 21:49   #2
BHPian

How about cruising in that nice esteem to that lovely ICE set up Frank . Am sure that wont be so tiring. Did you try online at cleartrip? They have a train ticketing service that may throw up a few options.
Old 8th June 2009, 21:55   #3
BHPian

Well if you need to get there by train then you better log on to IRCTC Online Passenger Reservation Site.

Or else if you wanna spend a lill extra then you better catch a flight form mumbai - chennai. Then by road its just 75-100 km.
Old 8th June 2009, 22:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

thanks guys.. cleartrip is good, but nellore is not too well connected.
esteem is out of question. no luggage space with all those subs...lol
anyways, its 7 of us, and its a work related trip. hence i shall leave the sin aside :-P
Old 8th June 2009, 22:09   #5
BHPian

Best thing to do is to catch a flight to chennai and then a car to nellore. Nellore is about 200kms from chennai.
Old 8th June 2009, 22:22   #6
BHPian

The most direct route is as follows

Take any train from Mumbai to Chennai and get down at RENIGUNTA Jn(takes about 20-22 hrs). From RENIGUNTA JN there are about dozen or so trains at all times of the day going via Nellore to Vijayawada, Hyderabad etc. Renigunta-Nellore takes about 2-3 hrs. This is the most direct route.

Renigunta is very near Tirupati and infact most of the trains between Renigunta and Nellore originate from Tirupati. However while none of the Mumbai-Chennai trains pass through Tirupati, if you take the Mumbai Kanyakumari express , you can get down directly at Tirupati and then take a train from there after a day's break.

Do not travel via Hyderabad as it is a very round about route by train.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:32   #7
BHPian

Chennai- nellore via NH5 is 150 kms.
Old 9th June 2009, 11:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Frank
Route 1: fly from Mum to Chennai. From Chennai to Nellore by road or train is exactly 120 kms of complete 4 lines. (2-1/2 hrs journey)
Route 2: flight or train from Mum to Hyd.From Hyd there are trains or Volvos starting in the evening 6pm towards Nellore and you reach by early morning. Its app 600km from hyd.
Route 3: train from Mum to Tirupati (Renigunta junction) and travel towards Nellore i.e. 130kms 4 line (traveling by road is best in this route.)

The best Train route would be Mum->Hyd->Nellore.
Train Route from Mum->Tpt & getting a bus in Renigunta junction towards Nellore is little tiresome.

I’m from Nellore.PM me if you need my no. shall be of any help if required.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 9th June 2009 at 12:01.
Old 9th June 2009, 13:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi Frank if you are looking at travelling only by train then the best option is as follows:

Mumbai - Renigunta by the Chennai Express (2163) leaves from Dadar at 20:30 to reach Renigunta at 16:55 next day evening from there you could either catch the Padmavathi Express at 17:22 or the Narayandri Express at 18:42 and you would reach Nellore at 19:26 or 20:42 hours respectively roughly after 24 hours of travel. This would be your fastest option as well. What you could do is book Mumbai - Nellore via Renigunta so that you dont need to get tickets at Renigunta I doubt you could book it through IRCTC you might have to make a visit to the ticket counter. Cheers Srikanth

Last edited by pypkmsrikanth : 9th June 2009 at 13:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks