Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 02:39   #1

Mumbai to Chennai - Directions for Bangalore Bypass

Hi all,

I am planning my II trip in swift from Mumbai to Chennai & back during July I week. I was lost in Bangalore traffic during my previous drive during diwali. I need directions to byepass bangalore from tumkur to hosur !

Thanks
Old 15th June 2009, 15:05   #2
BHPian

This is the best route that I could think of to bypass Bangalore - from:NH 4 to:12.983148,77.752991 to:NH 7 - Google Maps

Drive till you hit Yashwantpur. Take deviation towards outer ring road to Whitefield road via Hebbal, KR Puram flyover. Once at Whitefield road turn to NH 207 via Varthur to hit Attibele. You might encounter some delays at Attibele due to construction work - but once you pass that point, the roads are great all the way till Chennai.

Just to avoid all the hassle, if you time your entry to Bangalore right you can pass through the city directly in less time and distance.
Old 15th June 2009, 15:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

After Nelamangala, you will reach NICE road, Take the up-ramp towards your left side and continue on the bridge all the way till Hosur road (just before Electronic city). Mind you, this is a toll road. But, it will save you lot of time.
Old 15th June 2009, 15:37   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
After Nelamangala, you will reach NICE road, Take the up-ramp towards your left side and continue on the bridge all the way till Hosur road (just before Electronic city). Mind you, this is a toll road. But, it will save you lot of time.
+1

The expressway isn't complete, it just abruptly ends in one place (Gottigere), but you could ask around and proceed to Hosur Road.

This is the best way to go, you'll reach Hosur Road in about 30 min as against 1.5-2 hours if you venture inside the city.
Old 15th June 2009, 15:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
+1 to this, except you might face some issues with road work happening from Nelamangala to the NICE road interchange. But worth suffering because you would end up saving close to 2 hours of your time byepassing Bangalore city. Worth the toll as well.
Old 15th June 2009, 15:49   #6
BANNED

Depends on what time you hit Bangalore - early morning or late night, it is a fast drive through the city. The NICE Corridor is the fastest way to bypass Bangalore city.
Old 15th June 2009, 22:18   #7

Thanks

Thanks everyone,

I will try NICE byepass this trip and post my experience.

Getting set for a 10 day trip

Plan from Mumai -Bangalore - Vellore - Chennai - Madurai - Rameswaram - Trichy - Vellore - Bangalore - Mumbai in a Swift..

Will post my travel notes. once I am back.

Maylsamy
Old 16th June 2009, 16:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
+1

The expressway isn't complete, it just abruptly ends in one place (Gottigere), but you could ask around and proceed to Hosur Road.

This is the best way to go, you'll reach Hosur Road in about 30 min as against 1.5-2 hours if you venture inside the city.
This is a very tricky place as of now. After reaching Bannerghata Road instead of taking left take the right. This road lead to Banneghata National park. Continue the same route till Attibele which is almost near to KA-TN border. Road is also Good except some patches. In this way you can save Electronic City Traffic too.
Old 8th September 2009, 23:02   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylsamy View Post
Thanks everyone,

I will try NICE byepass this trip and post my experience.

Getting set for a 10 day trip

Plan from Mumai -Bangalore - Vellore - Chennai - Madurai - Rameswaram - Trichy - Vellore - Bangalore - Mumbai in a Swift..

Will post my travel notes. once I am back.

Maylsamy
Any update on the NICE byepass condition?
Old 9th September 2009, 11:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssriram75 View Post
Any update on the NICE byepass condition?
It is complete and you can go upto Hosur Road, beyond electronic city. You take the exit ramp in Nelamangala to your left, enter the tollway and you are all set to hit Hosur Road. Be prepared to pay a heavy toll though. Only upto Bannerghatta road, I paid Rs.63. You can do it in less than 30 minutes I would say from NH4.

Nainar
Old 2nd October 2009, 08:38   #11
BHPian

Any route to bypass Bangalore while coming from Chennai on NH4 ? To reach Tumkur without entering bangalore via NH4 which is totally under construction now.
Old 2nd October 2009, 09:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

MapmyIndia - maps, directions, and local search across India - just search, print and go!

The toll for NICE route is 15+63. There is a stretch of a few KM that is not complete, but nothing to worry about...
Old 3rd October 2010, 18:54   #13
BHPian

friends, planning a mumbai-chennai-mumbai trip in the 1st week of November.

any ideas on how to bypass bangalore? looking at google maps, i thought of taking left at Dobbasapete (slightly before Nelamangala) on NH207 and reach Hoskote on NH4 via Doddaballapur, Devanahalli.

But from the suggestions given in this thread, it seems NH7+NH46 is preferred to reach Walajpet.

Any suggestions on this?
Old 3rd October 2010, 18:59   #14
Team-BHP Support

Just keep going on NH4 till NICE road entrance. This is just after Bangalore International Exhibition center.
Just follow directions all the way till NH7 (Hosur Road) and then continue.

No need to goto NH207.

Here is thread I had started some time back to collate all the Bangalore Bypass Options. I had mentioned nothing related to
any entry/exit involving NICE road. Because there is no explanation needed.

It is just get on to NICE road and get off NICE road, based of your destination.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html

Last edited by ampere : 3rd October 2010 at 19:01.
Old 3rd October 2010, 19:38   #15
JLN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Just keep going on NH4 till NICE road entrance. This is just after Bangalore International Exhibition center.
Just follow directions all the way till NH7 (Hosur Road) and then continue.

No need to goto NH207.

Here is thread I had started some time back to collate all the Bangalore Bypass Options. I had mentioned nothing related to
any entry/exit involving NICE road. Because there is no explanation needed.

It is just get on to NICE road and get off NICE road, based of your destination.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html
I recently took the NICE road from NH4 all the way upto NH7 - the road is great (you will need to get off and on at Gotigere, but this is very convenient and the road is good - no mud roads like earlier). The total toll will Rs. 103 (Rs. 83 from Nh4 to Gotigere and then another 20 bucks for the stretch upto NH7). The NICE road takes you almost near Electronic City on NH7 - so you can really avoid the Bangalore city traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks