Team-BHP - Bangalore-Mangalore-Dharmasthala-Kukke Subramanya-Bangalore - Best Route Options?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore-Mangalore-Dharmasthala-Kukke Subramanya-Bangalore - Best Route Options? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/60485-bangalore-mangalore-dharmasthala-kukke-subramanya-bangalore-best-route-options.html)

Hello everyone,

I am planning to head down towards Mangalore from Bangalore this weekend and then continue to Dharmasthala and Kukke Subramanya before returning to Bangalore. I have about 4 days in my hand and would be driving an 800. I wanted to know the best direction to head on to these places - via Hassan or Via Mysore. I don't mind driving a little longer if the roads are better, on either routes. Since I am driving down for the first time to these places, a route guide mentioning key places / landmarks enroute would be much appreciated Thanks for your help here.

Cheers...
Ukamath

Kamath check it out in this link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1338773

Mods merge it into the above mentioned thread

Thanks Raghu. I read your thread on your journey to Kukke, Dharmasthala and then up north. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Hi ,

Pl let me know the best route options to reach Kukke Subramanya from Bangalore . I am told that there are 2 routes one thro Hassan and other thro Tiptur-Arsikere .

If anyone has any feedback on the routes and the road conditions , pl let me know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srb (Post 1365303)
Hi ,

Pl let me know the best route options to reach Kukke Subramanya from Bangalore . I am told that there are 2 routes one thro Hassan and other thro Tiptur-Arsikere .

If anyone has any feedback on the routes and the road conditions , pl let me know.

It is better if you take B'lore-Magadi-Kunigal-Hassan road. Even if you go via Tiptur-Arsikere, you have to go to Hassan and then onwards to Kukke.

The road conditions on the B'lore-Magadi-Hassan stretch is very good except for 5-6 kms near Kunigal which is rough. Hassan to Kukke is also good.

If you are coming via Tiptur (no need to go to Arsikere), the distance is longer. The road is good until Tiptur except for a few rough patches, but Tiptur Hassan road is in worst condition. Upto Gandasi, it is somehow manageable, but after Gandasi there are only potholes and potholes.

Better take Magadi Kunigal Hassan road.:)

Note: There is already a thread concering these routes. Please go through the other also. You can post your queries there.
Mods, please merge this thread with the other one

Hi All,
Adding to Dharmasthala road condition thread i did this stretch on 25/12/2009

Considering the repair works on kunigal road till Hassan, i took the below route to reach Shree Kshetra.

BLR-TUMKUR-TIPTUR-ARSIKERE-haranahalli-HALEBIDU-BELUR-MUDIGERE-CHARMADI GHAT- DHARMASTHALA

Total Kms. 330 time taken – nearly 7 hours @ 80 kmph (pit stops considered)

The idea was wrong as the stretch from Halebidu to Belur is a small road with too many pot holes and overtaking is highly impossible, it is if your car is ready to bear the brunt. Charmadi ghat is pretty ok with very deep pot holes at certain hairpin bends and curves.

On my return took the route: DHARMASTHALA – CHARMADI GHAT – MUDIGERE – BELUR – HASSAN – KUNIGAL - BANGALORE. This was the best route which i should have taken even for onward as the road from Mudigere was at its best. But it's a nice experience as i can suggest to people that it's better to go via Hassan to Dharmasthala.

Will post the snaps of road conditions in the follow up posting to this.

Cheers !
YP

Need info on the best route that can be taken to reach Kolllur Mookambika from bangalalore.

The day 26th March 2010 was one of my most memorable one. This was the day when I set on my dream bike trip to Dharmasthala. I put all my faith in my HH Hunk and decided to do the trip. I got my bike serviced the previous day and started at about 2.45pm in the noon from Chandapura. My plan was to reach Hassan before night then stay back and leave on the next morning. I started off at about 65kmph till I reached Magadi Road via NICE road at about 3.45pm (43 km). The road was in good condition so I could maintain a speed of about 60plus till Magadi. I passed Magadi town around 4.15 pm and reached Kunigal at 4.50 pm. I took a break for 15 minutes and then started towards Hassan. I reached Hassan at 6.45 pm (217 km). The stretch between Kunigal and Hassan has many diversions so its difficult to maintain a good speed. I did reach 100kmph on a few small stretches. I stayed back in Hassan in the night and started at 5.30am on Saturday morning. The road to Sakleshpura was again good and I reached Sakleshpura in about 40 min. For about 25km from Sakleshpura the roads are good, then you have to experience all the humps and bumps for coming on a bike for the next 30 minutes or so. The road work is in progress and seeing the way it is being done, work should be completed in about 3 months. Of course the roads are far better form what they were last year. I did a lot of stops in between to enjoy the scenic beauty of Shiradi and reached Dharmasthala at about 8.15 am. I got into the queue at about 8.50 am and came out of the temple at 10.45 am. I started for Bangalore at 11.30 am and reached Bangalore at 7.15pm.