Team-BHP - North India - Manali, Shimala etc
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   North India - Manali, Shimala etc (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/60582-north-india-manali-shimala-etc.html)

Hi All,

I am planning a tour of north india especially Manali, Shimala, may be kashmir and other famous places.

Origin: Pune/Mumbai

Destination: Manali, Shimala, may be kashmir and other places worth visiting

When: last ad first week of Sept and Oct 09

Duration: 9-12 days max

How: No car :-(. No plans. all i know that i might take flight to Delhi? and need to decide there on.

Seeking input: Almost everything like sequence, places to visit, stay attangements, dos, dont . All you can help in.

H V Kumar - Driving Log Books - KUMAR'S DRIVING LOG BOOKS North India, Dec 2007
Bombay to Dalhousie, Dharamsala, Amritsar, Simla, Manali, Dec 2007

H V Kumar - Driving Log Books - KUMAR'S DRIVING LOG BOOKS North India, Apr 2000
Bombay to Amritsar, Vaishno Devi, Dalhousie, Dharamsala, Manali, Simla, Apr 2000

H V Kumar - Driving Log Books - KUMAR'S DRIVING LOG BOOKS Ladakh,Oct 2004
Bombay to Simla, Kinnaur Valley, Manali, Ladakh, Srinagar, Oct 2004

H V Kumar - Driving Log Books - KUMAR'S DRIVING LOG BOOKS Ladakh, Sep 2003
Bombay to Manali, Ladakh, Srinagar

Not to Mention - Following you lead. Thanks !

There are no more dangers here than in other parts of India. In Shimla be advised though that parking on Mall Road is not allowed. Not that it is much a bother when one is in the holiday mood. Park some distance down, and take a lift (in front of Combermere Hotel) to the Mall. That hotel itself serves decent food, as do many others.

Manali is a nice but extremely small place (at least was when I visited in 2002 Nov). Based on your budget, there are adequate options though this is peak season. FYI, I visited Manali pre-boom in Nov 2002, and stayed in a suite at Holiday Inn at Rs. 1100/night!!!. Had Salman Khan and Bhumika Chawla (remember her) for company for 2 days. Now they charge close to Rs. 17-18K for 3 nights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by idea1979 (Post 1353876)
Hi All,

I am planning a tour of north india especially Manali, Shimala, may be kashmir and other famous places.

Origin: Pune/Mumbai

Destination: Manali, Shimala, may be kashmir and other places worth visiting

When: last ad first week of Sept and Oct 09

Duration: 9-12 days max

How: No car :-(. No plans. all i know that i might take flight to Delhi? and need to decide there on.

Seeking input: Almost everything like sequence, places to visit, stay attangements, dos, dont . All you can help in.

Hey Buddy, what a coincidence.. Even I am planning a trip to Manali during the same week. My itinery is as follows

Sep 26 : Bangalore-Delhi (flight)
Sep 27 : Delhi-Manali (booked flight)
Sep 27-Oct 1 : In and around Manali
Oct 1 : Manali - Delhi (booked flight)
Oct 1-2 ; sightseeing in Delhi
Oct 3 : Agra
Oct 4 : Delhi - Bangalore (flight)

Hope we cross our roads some where in the beautiful Manali :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecherian (Post 1353956)
Sep 27 : Delhi-Manali (booked flight)
Sep 27-Oct 1 : In and around Manali

Your time period in Manali is quite adequate for both sight seeing and the real purpose of a holiday (just lazing around).