Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2009, 18:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

4 days trip to Hyderabad, is it do-able ?

Hi Friends from hyderabad.

Some of my relatives want to visit hyderabad for 4 days in sepember 2009. They wanted me to suggest them a plan as they would first come to bangalore and then travel to hyderabad. i planned following iternary for them.

Day 0:
Evening departure from Bangalore by Train

Day 1:
Arrival in Hyderabad, check into hotel
Visit to Salarjung museum, Purani Haveli, Charminar, Mecca masjid, Laad Bazaar, Chudi Bazaar, NTR gaden, Hussain Sagar Lake

Day 2:
Visit to Ramoji film city, IMAX theater, Snow world, Golconda fort light show.

Day 3:
Visit to Nagarjuna Sagar Dam, Nagarjuna Konda Museum, Ethipothal Waterfall, Anupu, Shilpa Ramam Ethnic village

Day 4:
Visit to Birla Mandir, Nehru Zoo and Time for shopping
Return by evening train towards Bangalore

Day 5:
Morning arrival back to Bangalore

Do you think, is it do-able ? Am i covering most of the must see places ?

I also need information on some tourist class Hotel which is suitable for travel to all these areas. the budget is RS 1000-1200 RS per day (AC preferred), I think they would need 2-3 rooms as some 8 people would be travelling. Most importantly all people are vegetarians, would need good quality breakfast and dinner facility at the hotel.

I would need some info on the enterance fee for all these places (if any). i understand that Ramoji film city entry fee is RS 400 per person. Does any other places have any entry fee.

What is the best way to travel within Hyderabad for a group of 8 people?
the preference is for the lower cost, but time saving enabling maximum site visits.

Request you to provide your advice, thanks in advance for your help

Note to Mods: In case any such thread exists already, please excuse me and merge it with the same.
Old 20th June 2009, 19:32   #2
BHPian

The places you have mentioned cover most of the places to see in Hyderabad but the itinerary is too packed. I feel it is unlikely you will be able to fit all these into four days.

You will need to keep in mind that on Day 1 you won't be able to make an early start as you will be arriving that morning. On Day 2, Ramoji Film City is about 40 km from the centre of the city and Golconda Fort alone, if you want to see the whole place and the sound and light show, will easily take up three hours. On Day 3, Nagarjuna Sagar dam is about 150 km from Hyderabad so you will need to factor in travel time along with time spent there.

I would suggest you reduce the number of places by 20% - which places you would like to keep is of course your decision. Otherwise you will be on the move all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
What is the best way to travel within Hyderabad for a group of 8 people?
the preference is for the lower cost, but time saving enabling maximum site visits. .........
The local taxi services offer package rates - for example Rs.400/- to Rs.500/- for four hours for an Omni. They will also have eight hour packages which will be economical for your group, so you could hire two cars. Your hotel will be able to suggest a service.

Will leave suggestions on the hotel to the other Hyderabadis as I am not too sure on which ones will fit best.

Last edited by straightdrive : 20th June 2009 at 19:34.
Old 20th June 2009, 20:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks very much straightdrive
As i myself has not been to hyderabad to see these places, i can not decide which one to drop and which one to visit. more over i do nto know how much time is needed (approx) at each location.

Can anyone who has visited share their experience ?
It looks like Nagarjuna sagar dam is too far and hence would get dropped.

thanks,
Old 20th June 2009, 22:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Day 1:
Arrival in Hyderabad, check into hotel
Visit to Salarjung museum, Purani Haveli, Charminar, Mecca masjid, Laad Bazaar, Chudi Bazaar, NTR gaden, Hussain Sagar Lake

Day 2:
Visit to Ramoji film city, IMAX theater, Snow world, Golconda fort light show.

Day 3:
Visit to Nagarjuna Sagar Dam, Nagarjuna Konda Museum, Ethipothal Waterfall, Anupu, Shilpa Ramam Ethnic village

Day 4:
Visit to Birla Mandir, Nehru Zoo and Time for shopping
Return by evening train towards Bangalore
its hectic but do-able, plus your schedule is wrong. you are gonna run from one side of the city to another with the above plan.

would sugesst this:

day 1:Purani Haveli, Charminar, Mecca masjid, Laad Bazaar, Chudi Bazaar, NTR garden, imax theatre, Hussain Sagar Lake and if poss golconda light show.

day 2: salar jung museum, snow world and shilpramam.

day 3: ramoji film city

day 4: Visit to Birla Mandir, Nehru Zoo and Time for shopping/ general visit to golconda if it wasnt possible on the first day.

there was a thread previously which had all the details of hotels in you budget, if not lemme know will find out and post up the numbers again.

pick up a ac car, the weather is still very hot in hyd and you will get fully roasted with the hectic schedule.
last time i hired ac innovas i paid rs 1000 per day and for ac qualis rs 800 per day.
Old 21st June 2009, 08:49   #5
BHPian

I would skip IMAX. Well, if they have been to any other IMAX then to skip it. The screen is not that big. Although, there is this new 4D experience which might be something worthwhile.

Lot of hotels in that range near lakdi ka pul. I think one of them is Hotel Ashoka, but I am not sure about the name.
Old 21st June 2009, 10:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokie View Post
I would skip IMAX. Well, if they have been to any other IMAX then to skip it. The screen is not that big. Although, there is this new 4D experience which might be something worthwhile.

Lot of hotels in that range near lakdi ka pul. I think one of them is Hotel Ashoka, but I am not sure about the name.
Thanks Smokie, i think they have not seen IMAX yet. i will check with them whether they want to experience a movie there. Are there any late evening show ?, i will try and google to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
its hectic but do-able, plus your schedule is wrong. you are gonna run from one side of the city to another with the above plan.

would sugesst this:

day 1:Purani Haveli, Charminar, Mecca masjid, Laad Bazaar, Chudi Bazaar, NTR garden, imax theatre, Hussain Sagar Lake and if poss golconda light show.

day 2: salar jung museum, snow world and shilpramam.

day 3: ramoji film city

day 4: Visit to Birla Mandir, Nehru Zoo and Time for shopping/ general visit to golconda if it wasnt possible on the first day.

there was a thread previously which had all the details of hotels in you budget, if not lemme know will find out and post up the numbers again.

pick up a ac car, the weather is still very hot in hyd and you will get fully roasted with the hectic schedule.
last time i hired ac innovas i paid rs 1000 per day and for ac qualis rs 800 per day.
Thanks Aadix for the revised schedule. i will propose this one to my relatives. ofcourse i will advise them to hire a AC Qualis or innova

Is there any possibility that new HYD airport be included in this schedule ?
since most of these people are yet to visit any airport (ofcourse, i plan to take them to Bangalore airport) the visit to new airport might be interesting to them.
Old 21st June 2009, 10:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Smokie, i think they have not seen IMAX yet. i will check with them whether they want to experience a movie there. Are there any late evening show ?, i will try and google to find out.
There's a show of Monster Vs Aliens in full 3D at 8:30 PM. IMax has to be experienced in 3D or else it's just another movie on a BIG Screen! You can also book the tickets from there via bookmyshow and carry a printout (Imax tickets are 200 per head)

Quote:
Is there any possibility that new HYD airport be included in this schedule ?
since most of these people are yet to visit any airport (ofcourse, i plan to take them to Bangalore airport) the visit to new airport might be interesting to them.
A Visit to Hyderabad Airport and back will require 2 to 3 hrs minimum.

A Qualis of an Innova should be ideal and one of my colleague had booked one for 1250/- full day unlimited KMs. Finally, it depends on negotiation skills!
Old 21st June 2009, 11:20   #8
BHPian

Quote :

Most importantly all people are vegetarians, would need good quality breakfast and dinner facility at the hotel.

I'd suggest the Belsons Taj in Secunderabad, where they have a good veg. restaurant. Plus it's nearer to the Sec'bad station where the passengers would alight from Bangalore.
Old 21st June 2009, 11:27   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

That schedule is on a war footing. From 8am-9pm types, could be tiring for them.

Anyways, some pointers from my end :-

1. Salarjung Meuseum will take an entire day since this "one-man" collection is so huge. But, it can always be skipped from in between which is not recommended. Ticket is Rs.20/Head

2. Plan Golconda Fort during late afternoon so sound and light show can also be covered. I think ticket is Rs.75/Head

3. NTR Gardens is a nice place to spend the evening and at the same time they can cover the necklace road too and check out the eateries by the lake called " EAT STREET"

4. Ensure they cover Charminar and Ladbazar first thing in morning as that area becomes too crowded as day passes. Dont forget to shop for pearls when in charminar. Typical range of pearl necklaces would be in range of Rs.400 to a maximum of Rs.1000 per necklace ( which is dead cheap when compared to other posh outlets in Hyd). Well, there goes the entire day, knowing woman folks like i do, they will spend half a day selecting the pearl necklaces....

5. Nagarjunsagar is worth a visit. It takes 3 hours to reach there. So start early at 8am and reach there by 11am so they can cover the ethipothala falls have lunch at Vijay Vihar and reach the boat launch pad before 2 PM as last boat to the island leaves then. Its a 45- minute each way boat ride ( Rs.75/Head) and returns by 4:30pm and if start at 5pm you will reach hyderabad by 8pm.

In short, too many things to see and its tough for them to spend quality time at each location. So let them come here and take the call
Old 21st June 2009, 11:27   #10
Team-BHP Support

I recommend Shree Venkateshwara Lodge - Overview: Hyderabad Hotels & Lodges on fullhyd.com

Its in Lakdi Ka Pul beside the Hampshire.

Excellent location and very reasonable rates. Has an attached Pure Veg restaurant/ coffee shop as well.

About the itinerary, suggest you remove Nagarjun Sagar from it.

@mobike-> Charminar in the morning will not work as most shops open around noon.

Bargain hard. If you want to buy pearls check out Jagadamba in Secunderabad. Just flaunt your visiting card and get upto 30% off. Actually everyone gets 30% off. Just ask for it.

Last edited by bblost : 21st June 2009 at 11:30.
Old 21st June 2009, 12:20   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
@mobike-> Charminar in the morning will not work as most shops open around noon.

Bargain hard. If you want to buy pearls check out Jagadamba in Secunderabad. Just flaunt your visiting card and get upto 30% off. Actually everyone gets 30% off. Just ask for it.
If they reach Charminar at 9am, they can cover the monument and come down and i see shops open by 10am-11am maximum.

Jagadamba pearls just jack up their rate and give you a discount and same is the case with charminar outlet too. If not visiting charminar then worth a visit.

Btw,Starvegabond, if you want to know the pearl shop outlet where you get the best deal. send me a pm
Old 21st June 2009, 16:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

Thanks very much Mobike008, Pulser56, bblost, nitindangoria for your very valueable suggetions. i will discuss with my relatives and ask them about their preferences.

may be i will share thier final iternary.

i discussed with them them yesterday night about the hotels, not the budget is a bit increased to 1500 RS per night. I will check out the hotels suggeted by you.

Hi Mobike008, i will PM you seperately.

thanks
Old 22nd June 2009, 18:03   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends from hyderabad.

Some of my relatives want to visit hyderabad for 4 days in sepember 2009.
============
Request you to provide your advice, thanks in advance for your help

Note to Mods: In case any such thread exists already, please excuse me and merge it with the same.
I did a trip to Hyd last weekend and trust me, the weather can really get to you! The schedule you've mentioned is packed and it looks near impossible to do all of them. I spent an entire day in RFC and was in no position to go anywhere after that! Salarjung takes time and golconda is also quite some distance - you need to also consider traffic in the city, which is a bit painful (not as bad as Blr though :-)
In the end, this was my schedule -
Day 1- took a Hyd city tour, which covered - Salarjung, Birla temple, a coupla other museums (chowmahalla and another one), golconda, Nehru zoo etc
Day 2 - RFC
Day 3 - Snow world, Charminar and shopping (you need half a day with women in tow!)

There are ok economy hotels in Lakdi ka pul (Ashoka and Dwarka) in the range of 1200 INR

Most Viewed