Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 16:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Kenneth Anderson the renowned hunter of man eaters in South India in his famed book Black Panther of Sivanapalli talks about 2 beautiful forest bungalows on both side of Jog falls. Update from any BHPians on the current situation of this bungalows will be great.
I did see the bungalow at the top of the falls. There were some people inside, so I guess, it is available for stay. There was also a new building constructed just next to the bungalow. Don't know what it was though, It looked like a convention center of some sort.
There is a bungalow right near the front view point of the falls. But, I'm not sure who you should contact for permissions to stay there.
Old 8th July 2009, 15:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I did see the bungalow at the top of the falls. There were some people inside, so I guess, it is available for stay. There was also a new building constructed just next to the bungalow. Don't know what it was though, It looked like a convention center of some sort.
There is a bungalow right near the front view point of the falls. But, I'm not sure who you should contact for permissions to stay there.
Many thanks. Looking forward for some Jog expert BHPian's to fill the gap on booking of these bungalows.
Old 8th July 2009, 16:05   #18
BHPian

I have asked one of my friend to checkout how to go about the booking of the guest house near jog, Will update once he get back to me. If someone wants to stay at sagar then i can checkout with my uncle who is staying their.

Last edited by Red Circle : 8th July 2009 at 16:08.
Old 8th July 2009, 16:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

It seems the flow is good from last few days, so i guess right time to visit jog falls!
Old 8th July 2009, 16:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
I have asked one of my friend to checkout how to go about the booking of the guest house near jog, Will update once he get back to me. If someone wants to stay at sagar then i can checkout with my uncle who is staying their.
That'd be great. Tomorrow morning I'm leaving for a mangalore run and to jog later.
Old 8th July 2009, 17:08   #21
BHPian

Update - My friend just called and suggested to stay over at Talguppa from where Jog is just 12kms away, There is a govt bungalow which will cost Rs 500 or even less. About the stay at Jog will update later.

Last edited by Red Circle : 8th July 2009 at 17:09.
Old 8th July 2009, 17:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
That'd be great. Tomorrow morning I'm leaving for a mangalore run and to jog later.
laluks, man you are on the real run how do you manage leave
Old 8th July 2009, 17:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nice pic of Jog Falls and it reminds of my times in Karnataka.
Incidentally Jog Falls is a collective of 4 Waterfalls-Raja,Rani,Rocker and Roarer and toagther they are refered to as Jog Falls.
Old 8th July 2009, 18:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
Update - My friend just called and suggested to stay over at Talguppa from where Jog is just 12kms away, There is a govt bungalow which will cost Rs 500 or even less. About the stay at Jog will update later.
Can you please put in more details as to how to get the bookings so that we can go there having an advance reservation?. Thanks!
Old 8th July 2009, 18:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

Right now JOG Falls water quantity is like whats posted in first picture of Lukeskywalker. To see pictures like second one it happens only If huge quantity of water left once reservoir fills. Usually between august 10th to 20th one can expect but not every year. This year chances are very less and as per my experience such chances are once in 5 years.

In 2006 it happened along with Kannada super hit movie Mungaaru Male. JOG became like Nayagaraa that year! It attracted most number of visitors.

I suggest visit JOG only in July and August! Best time being August. It rained heavily in 1st week of July just because of Hindu Astrology and some traditonal effort! Around July last week (22nd onwards) there is one more chance of heavy rain.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 8th July 2009, 19:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
laluks, man you are on the real run how do you manage leave
take your manager along It works!
Off to my colleagues wedding. kinda official unofficial.
Old 9th July 2009, 10:22   #27
BHPian

Santosh - I dont think you can book this place because the money you pay is not really going to the govt but to those who are incharge of the bungalow. I have a friend of mine who is staying in Talguppa and he can have it reserved for you guys. About the stay at jog i still need to find out.
Old 9th July 2009, 11:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Nice pic of Jog Falls and it reminds of my times in Karnataka.
Incidentally Jog Falls is a collective of 4 Waterfalls-Raja,Rani,Rocker and Roarer and toagther they are refered to as Jog Falls.
@hillram,As far as I remember it's ROCKET , not ROCKER.Talguppa is a lovely place to do a piture shot, Like Railway station one.Remember Malgudi days serial(some episodes) was shot here
Old 9th July 2009, 13:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

Yes it is Rocket, by the way consistant rain in last 2 weeks made JOG Falls still quiet fine with decent water. In coming weeks its reported there will be more rain.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 9th July 2009, 13:51   #30
BHPian

Absolute lack of facilities

Indeed I have been visiting Jog Falls since last 25 years. There are absolutely no facilities for tourists. If this place was in any one of the neigbouring states it would have been an entirely different story.

Most Viewed