Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 09:18   #16
Team-BHP Support

SH35 all the way, is much better as compared to Bagalur. Thats because while going through Sarjapur, you need to go through a dirt road is a pseudo 4WD experience. (I have done this many a time). Beyond Sarjapur the road is very good till Bagalur (NH207).
It has been patched it up. The Chikka Tirupathi side has also improved quite bit.

Compared to that Atibele (Via SH35 is much better).

During weeekends traffic at Varthur chokes due to vegetable market in the morning times.

Last edited by ampere : 9th June 2010 at 09:20.
Old 12th August 2010, 09:37   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
SH35 all the way, is much better as compared to Bagalur. Thats because while going through Sarjapur, you need to go through a dirt road is a pseudo 4WD experience. (I have done this many a time). Beyond Sarjapur the road is very good till Bagalur (NH207).
It has been patched it up. The Chikka Tirupathi side has also improved quite bit.

Compared to that Atibele (Via SH35 is much better).

During weeekends traffic at Varthur chokes due to vegetable market in the morning times.
Yes, going to Attibele and joining NH7 for Hosur is a better alternative if you want to skip entering Sarjapura. The roads in Sarjapura are non existent and it is a continuous stretch of pot holes on mud road for around 1.5 kms upto NH207. And the roads are narrow with crowds.

However I prefer to bear Sarjapura and get on to NH207 towards Bagalur and then to Hosur, since the road is very good after Sarjapura, and it takes 8 minutes to Bagalur, and a further 12-15 mins to Hosur from there. Totally in 25 minutes I'll be home from the time I leave Sarjapura.
And the drive is very pleasant and peaceful.

I prefer this than taking the road to Attibele and join the tense NH7 traffic for Hosur and I think that route will take more than 30 minutes to reach Hosur. (I haven't checked it yet though)

Suresh.
Old 12th August 2010, 11:11   #18
Team-BHP Support

Add to it, you will also avoid one of the toll gates, which has recently come up!

The NH207 has been recently patched up and its very good all the way till Baglur. This is after you hit NH207 fork beyond Sarjapur.
Old 12th August 2010, 12:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

I had been through Sarjapura to Bagalur two weeks back. The bypass work is progressing slowly, after rains the soling they did has been ruined with deep dips but still drivable compared to the earlier craters. Taking the narrow town road is suicidal, one auto in opposite direction can call for a 15minutes traffic jam.
Old 12th August 2010, 13:40   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
I had been through Sarjapura to Bagalur two weeks back. The bypass work is progressing slowly, after rains the soling they did has been ruined with deep dips but still drivable compared to the earlier craters. Taking the narrow town road is suicidal, one auto in opposite direction can call for a 15minutes traffic jam.
Which bypass are you referring to?
Is it the muddy crater road around Sarjapur?
Old 12th August 2010, 21:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which bypass are you referring to?
Is it the muddy crater road around Sarjapur?
Yes yes, the same offroad track. They have some long dream (may be by 2011) of making it a perfect road. Work is snail slow, because I notice some patch or layering each time i pass.
Old 12th August 2010, 23:37   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Yes yes, the same offroad track. They have some long dream (may be by 2011) of making it a perfect road. Work is snail slow, because I notice some patch or layering each time i pass.
There is one more shorter route which the cars take. Its bad too, but not as worse as this 4X4 !
Old 13th August 2010, 12:07   #23
BHPian

When I drive South-Chennai, Salem Krishanagiri-i take the SH 35 to Attibele-its about 27 Kms from my house in W'Field and pretty good except through Varthur for about 500 yds at a choke point near a mandir. Prefer it to all other connections. I feel all those who stay in close proximity of OMR should try this route.
Old 13th August 2010, 12:30   #24
BHPian

I live in CV Raman Nagar and I've planned a Cochin drive tomorrow. Due to an unavoidable 8.30am appointment tomorrow, an early morning start is ruled out. I'm hopeful for a 10am start. Tomorrow being saturday, i thought I can take the usual Old airport road-kormangala inner ring road-silk board-EC expressway flyover-Hosur route. Is that the best or should I take the marathahalli-varthur-sarjapur-athibelle route? I've never travelled the varthur-sarjupur-athibelle route before
Old 13th August 2010, 12:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
I live in CV Raman Nagar and I've planned a Cochin drive tomorrow. Due to an unavoidable 8.30am appointment tomorrow, an early morning start is ruled out. I'm hopeful for a 10am start. Tomorrow being saturday, i thought I can take the usual Old airport road-kormangala inner ring road-silk board-EC expressway flyover-Hosur route. Is that the best or should I take the marathahalli-varthur-sarjapur-athibelle route? I've never travelled the varthur-sarjupur-athibelle route before
I would recommend coming to ORR turn off from Marthahalli to Varthur onto SH 35 to Attibele. You will have a clean run on Saturdays-M'Halli starts getting crowded after 1300 hrs. After M'halli on the ORR towards Sarjarpura crossing raodwork is in progress especially on weekends might slow you down??
Old 13th August 2010, 13:16   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
I would recommend coming to ORR turn off from Marthahalli to Varthur onto SH 35 to Attibele. You will have a clean run on Saturdays-M'Halli starts getting crowded after 1300 hrs. After M'halli on the ORR towards Sarjarpura crossing raodwork is in progress especially on weekends might slow you down??
Thank you Judemayne. I'm not at all familiar with this SH35 to Athibele. Did try on Google map but still not clear on your suggestion:

1. If I'm coming from Old Airport Road to Marathahalli, should I take right to ORR or go staright towards Varthur?
2. Any landmarks at turnings in this route?
Old 13th August 2010, 18:52   #27
Team-BHP Support

Here you go:

Kaggadasapura Main Rd to Hosur Road - Google Maps
Old 2nd November 2010, 18:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had anyone been in this route recently? I mean in a month or two (Sep/Oct)?
Tomorrow am planning to goto chennai via this route to reach attibelle and want to avoid all the traffic in domlur, koramangala, silkboard & EC....

Appreciate your quick response. Thanks...

-Ravi
Old 2nd November 2010, 19:04   #29
Team-BHP Support

Varthur road is pretty standard which many folks take (till Domsandra).
Not aware of the Sarjapur/Atibelle status.
Old 2nd November 2010, 19:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Had anyone been in this route recently? I mean in a month or two (Sep/Oct)?
Tomorrow am planning to goto chennai via this route to reach attibelle and want to avoid all the traffic in domlur, koramangala, silkboard & EC....

Appreciate your quick response. Thanks...

-Ravi
@Ravi

I have been taking this route atleast once in a month for the last one year. It is the best option IMO, except there are a lot of speed breakers. I mean it -A LOT!, I remember trying to count them and from Varthur to Attibele there were around 24. Please validate this for me when you travel tomorrow!.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks