Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 20:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Yes, many speed breakers.

Btw, what time are you planing. Expect a lot of lorry traffic in early morning and after evening.

You can try this also.

Once you reach Dommasandra, take the right and go ahead for a KM. Then take the right [Marked by saying Ebenezer school something]

This road goes all the way to Chandapura. A nice 2 lane road with lesser traffic. Except for the last 200m where it meet chandapura.

Kaggadasapura Main Rd to Hosur Road - Google Maps
Old 2nd November 2010, 20:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
@Ravi

I have been taking this route atleast once in a month for the last one year. It is the best option IMO, except there are a lot of speed breakers. I mean it -A LOT!, I remember trying to count them and from Varthur to Attibele there were around 24. Please validate this for me when you travel tomorrow!.
Thanks ampere, luvurride & mjothi. Appreciate the quick response.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 2nd November 2010 at 20:24.
Old 2nd November 2010, 20:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Yes, many speed breakers.

Btw, what time are you planing. Expect a lot of lorry traffic in early morning and after evening.

You can try this also.

Once you reach Dommasandra, take the right and go ahead for a KM. Then take the right [Marked by saying Ebenezer school something]

This road goes all the way to Chandapura. A nice 2 lane road with lesser traffic. Except for the last 200m where it meet chandapura.

Kaggadasapura Main Rd to Hosur Road - Google Maps
hmm looks interesting. Thanks and I'll try it out on my next drive.
Old 3rd November 2010, 13:03   #34
BHPian

Travelled yesterday on Varthur - Sarjapur - Attibele road. Road is good with lots of speed breakers as mentioned above. Some 100-200 Mtrs stretch is bad (moon surface) near Attibele and you have to pay the 20 Rs toll at Attibele if you cross the border.

On the Dommasandra - Chandapura road, there is a railway crossing but only few trains pass this route so may not be much of a wait.

Slakhs
Old 8th November 2010, 11:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

Thanks folks.

@Slakhs, what you wrote is very correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
I remember trying to count them and from Varthur to Attibele there were around 24. Please validate this for me when you travel tomorrow!.
@luvurride, i did validated your count of speedbreakers and ended up with 25 starting from the right run we take from whitefield road till we reach attibelle.

-Ravi
Old 8th November 2010, 20:24   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Thanks folks.

@Slakhs, what you wrote is very correct.

@luvurride, i did validated your count of speedbreakers and ended up with 25 starting from the right run we take from whitefield road till we reach attibelle.

-Ravi
Not bad, it was close! Thanks though as this saves me another round of recount!
Old 8th August 2014, 11:54   #37
BHPian

Sarjapur to Whitefield

I'd like to explore options other than going thru Varthur for this route.

CAn anyone comment on the road condition on NH207 (via Chikka thirupathy road)?

Thanks!
Byas
Old 8th August 2014, 12:00   #38
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sarjapur to Whitefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Convertible View Post

NH 207 is in good condition, you can check the "On Bypassing Bangalore" thread for more details.
You can take NH 207 from Sarjapur and get off at Hoskote on Old madras road (NH 4), then turn left on OMR and again left to whitefield where it will go via Sai Baba ashram and reach Hoodi circle.
Old 8th August 2014, 12:18   #39
BHPian

Great! What about the Muthusandra road? That's about half the distance. (Sarjapur to Muthusandra, then left towards Muthusandra hospital toward Ajgondhalli Rd and on to Immadahalli?

Byas
Old 8th August 2014, 12:34   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!
Byas
The NH207 is smooth and traffic free mostly. The only choke is at hope farm junction or sometimes at the Mayura bakery junction just before hope form if you are travelling from Sarjapur to Whitefield.

However, the distance would be much longer. Where are you starting from? You could also take the traffic free road next to Sarjapur bus stand that connects you to Varthur police station directly.
Old 8th August 2014, 12:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
The NH207 is smooth and traffic free mostly. The only choke is at hope farm junction or sometimes at the Mayura bakery junction just before hope form if you are travelling from Sarjapur to Whitefield.

However, the distance would be much longer. Where are you starting from? You could also take the traffic free road next to Sarjapur bus stand that connects you to Varthur police station directly.
You're mistaking SH35 for NH207. NH207 does not pass through whitefield, but outside it and reaches Hoskote. SH35 hits OMR at a juntion where you have to turn right to go to Hoskote.
Old 8th August 2014, 13:51   #42
BHPian

I'm taking kids back from Indus to Whitefield. I expect Varthur to be really slow because of the festival. Was hoping to bypass it. Thinking of taking the road next to the bus-stand in Sarjapur that runs north towards Muthusandra and instead of going towards Varthur - keep going towards Immadahalli and then cut back towards Whitefield (bypass Hope farm junction by going on Hagadur road towards Form Value mall.
Old 8th August 2014, 22:22   #43
BHPian

Re: Route Info? Bangalore: Whitefield - Hosur Road

Report: the route took me about 35min. The road is not great, but low traffic. Some sections were being made broader and were just gravel which I prefer to narrow potholed roads. Other sections were just compacted red clay which was ok as long as it is dry. It was threatening to rain which got me worried, but it only drizzled so it was ok. In a few months it will be better.
Old 8th August 2014, 22:29   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Report: the route took me about 35min. The road is not great, but low traffic. Some sections were being made broader and were just gravel which I prefer to narrow potholed roads. Other sections were just compacted red clay which was ok as long as it is dry. It was threatening to rain which got me worried, but it only drizzled so it was ok. In a few months it will be better.
You mean NH207 was not great? I thought its great end to end. Can you confirm?
Old 9th August 2014, 05:28   #45
BHPian

No, not 207. The route I took was: turn left after Sarjapur bus stand and head towards muthusandra. After kamadhenu farms, the road is in the process of being widened.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks