Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 22:29   #46
Senior - BHPian

Planning to do a trip to Coorg soon. Mostly in the next few days. Is this the right time ? What is the status wrt rains ?
Old 12th August 2009, 11:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Planning to do a trip to Coorg soon. Mostly in the next few days. Is this the right time ? What is the status wrt rains ?
Rains are there but not very heavy. No flood like situations whatsoever. It is a good time to come to Coorg. Let me know if you need any help with anything in Coorg.
Old 12th August 2009, 16:29   #48
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

good time to go. medium rains - sometimes unexpected so carry your rain gear / umbrella.
the best thing is that you will see lush greenery everywhere you go.
lovely
Old 12th August 2009, 18:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

Great thanks guys! I am off to Coorg this weekend. All alone .. Any idea how bad the roads are ?

Prince,
Can you please PM me your number ? I'm more keen on the Buddhist Monastery than anything else
Old 12th August 2009, 22:37   #50
BHPian

Hey Guys, I have a date with Barapole this Sunday too. I have booked my slot for rafting there. Planning to leave early morning and make it till 10am (heard it takes 5-6 hours) for the first raft that hits the water.
It will be a one day quickie since i have seen Coorg Thrice already . But since I've been there in buses all the three times, i'd like to know the route. Not to Coorg but to the Barapole Camp (not too sure of the change in route, directions or distance).

So any help with directions from Bangalore to the rafting camp and all other suggestions are welcome.

I'm really excited to raft again . My first experience was in River Kali. It was awesome.
Old 13th August 2009, 23:07   #51
BHPian

Hey Friends, Any inputs on the route, directions, distance etc please ??
Old 17th August 2009, 11:35   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey Friends, Any inputs on the route, directions, distance etc please ??
Back from a trip to coorg.
Road condition all over coorg is pathetic, too many potholes.
The best part is, Road is good all the way to Kushalnagar, from there on it's not at all good.
Route taken on this trip was as follows.
Bangalore - Mysore -Hunsur - Kushalnagara - Dubare-Siddapura-Madikeri.
Madikeri - Ammathi.

Return trip
Ammathi - Gonikoppalu - Thithimathy -Hunsur - Srirangaptna - Bangalore

Did spend time at Kadkani river resorts Ammathi & White water rafting(coorg white water rafting) at hudukeri, near kutta.
Old 18th August 2009, 01:28   #53
BHPian

What a Sunday!

Had a Great Sunday!!

Like I mentioned earlier as well, this was a one day quickie!! Started at around 4:30am on Sunday reached Barapole White-Water Rafting Camp in Srimangala area (after T.Shettigiri) at around 9:30 with a 15min stop for refreshments.

Route: Bangalore->Srirangapatnam->Mysore Ring Road (SH88 i think)->Hunsur Road (SH88-A i think )->Gonikoppa->Poonampet->Srimangala

The same route was done while returning, Backwards obviously LOLz.

Road: Bad Roads in parts from Old Madras Road till i reached the Mysore Road close to Kengeri.

From there till the diversion for SH88A the roads were awesome. I was especially surprised at finding the Hunsur Road SH88 in such great condition, i wasn't expecting them to be so well built and maintained. Had an awesome Drive on this stretch with bigger shoes i put on my car recently.

Then from SH88A to the Rafting Camp the roads were Ok in parts, then got Bad and then Worse :(

Rafting was awesome too. Took about an hour. Crossed 4 grade-3 rapids sitting right on the front of the raft. The Rapids were exhilarating but overall it was Ok. I personally found rafting at Kali-Dandeli experience better.

But all said and done, I had a great Sunday driving and rafting!!

Hope this helps.

P.S.: If any one needs any further info about the route or rafting do not hesitate to PM me.
Old 18th August 2009, 12:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Had a Great Sunday!!

Barapole White-Water Rafting Camp in Srimangala area (after T.Shettigiri)

Route: Bangalore->Srirangapatnam->Mysore Ring Road (SH88 i think)->Hunsur Road (SH88-A i think )->Gonikoppa->Poonampet->Srimangala
Hey Zenster, I did the white water rafting on Friday evening at the same place, Yeah It was quite exciting.

As mentioned in my previous post, the roads in Coorg district has literally gone for a toss.
Old 15th May 2013, 21:11   #55
BHPian

Re: Weekend trip to Coorg, is it right time?

Guys planning to make a weekend trip to Coorg probably Jun 8 and 9 with my wife. Also want to do this white water rafting. need suggestions for stay and planning. My budget for stay is max Rs.4,000. Please help me with some inputs on the rafting too.

Last edited by Thamizha : 15th May 2013 at 21:14.
Old 21st May 2013, 19:04   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamizha View Post
Guys planning to make a weekend trip to Coorg probably Jun 8 and 9 with my wife. Also want to do this white water rafting. need suggestions for stay and planning. My budget for stay is max Rs.4,000. Please help me with some inputs on the rafting too.
White water rafting is best done during and after the monsoons. In June there won't be sufficient water to call it white water rafting, it would be more like boating. It can be done at the dubare elephant camp near kushalnagar.

Regarding stay, there are hundreds of homestays, but 90% are unregistered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks