Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2015, 19:14   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I had taken the Narsinghpur - Chhindwara - Nagpur route a couple of years back. I drove in the evening. Road was 2 lane but the surface was good. Guess things will be better now.
Seoni - Nagpur stretch wasn't that bad in Apr, when I went. The MH stretch has potholes, MP stretch was pretty decent.
I will be traveling next week from Bangalore to Noida via Seoni- Agra route, will update.

Hi, I drove from Sagar to Nagpur via Narsinghpur, Chindwara and Savner. Left Hotel Deepali Residency at 4.32 am and reached Nagpur by 9.15 am. Upto Narasinghpur the road is four laned and from there to Savner its two laned. The road right thorough the route is in very good condition. Had breakfast at Nagpur, filled the fuel in the tank. Left Nagpur at 10.10 am and reached our home at Hyderabad by 4.15 pm. The Hinghangat railway crossing road is still in bad shape but rest of the road Up To Adilabad that was in bad shape in March this year has improved a lot. Will post some photographs tomorrow esp of our drive from Sagar to Nagpur.Henceforth my drives from Gurgaon to Hyderabad, and the way back would be through this route only - Gurgaon, YEW upto Mathura, use the Agra by pass road to reach the Dholpur highway, then Morena, Gwalior, Dabra, Datia, Jhansi, Lalithpur, Sagar, Narasinghpur, Chindwara, Savner, Nagpur, Adilabad, Nirmal, Medchal and Hyderabad.

Thanks to Team BHP members who recommended this route and also stay at Hotel Deepali Residency at Sagar.

Last edited by ampere : 4th June 2015 at 19:26. Reason: Formatted post
Krishnan V G is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 19:28   #152
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan V G View Post
Gurgaon, YEW upto Mathura, use the Agra by pass road to reach the Dholpur highway
This is exactly the other point that I have been mentioning about. The expressway does not help one who is heading south from Agra. What you did was perfect. That is exit the expressway at Mathura and then take the regular 4-lane and use the Agra bypass. Else you would have had to go through the whole of Agra city.

Last edited by ampere : 4th June 2015 at 19:35. Reason: language correction
Old 4th June 2015, 21:31   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan V G View Post
Hi, I drove from Sagar to Nagpur via Narsinghpur, Chindwara and Savner. Left Hotel Deepali Residency at 4.32 am and reached Nagpur by 9.15 am. Upto Narasinghpur the road is four laned and from there to Savner its two laned. The road right thorough the route is in very good condition.
Thanks for the update. Did you take the Chindwara bypass or the town route? How about the facilities in the Narsingpur-Nagpur stretch?
Old 5th June 2015, 18:00   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landkruzer View Post
Thanks for the update. Did you take the Chindwara bypass or the town route? How about the facilities in the Narsingpur-Nagpur stretch?

Hi, took the Chindwara bypass as I saw the signboard indicating a left turn just a few kms before Chindwara town. Right from the time we took a right turn from Narsinghpur towards Chindwara, the scenic beauty was too good. Although there was no branded chain outlet you can find options to eat, closer to Chindwara and Savner than earlier because the route has several ghat sections.
We did stop at a small dhaba named Surya in a village called Partapur just about 20-30 minutes after we took a right turn from Narsinghpur towards Chindwara. Besides tea we had Kachori, and enjoyed both thoroughly. Also, did not find many petrol stations/pumps or any public convenience stop on the entire route.
Here are some pictures:
Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1433507165.148610.jpgHyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1433507196.977357.jpgHyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1433507222.506147.jpgHyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1433507260.275898.jpgHyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1433507285.525428.jpgHyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1433507326.237028.jpg
Krishnan V G is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 16:07   #155
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Any good place to stop over doing DEL-HYD? I need to do this in 2 days so stop over some where around 1000km from Delhi would be helpful. I'm doing the Gujarat, MH route.

Thanks.
Old 6th June 2015, 17:16   #156
BHPian

Thank you VGK . We are planning to leave tomorrow from Faridabad on a road trip to Hyd, Blr, Mysore and Ooty. And your route tips and other inputs couldn't have come at a better time for us. We were planning to reach Hyd in 3 days with night halts at Sagar and Nagpur - but now am encouraged to do Sagar-HYd in one day - will keep you posted.
Old 6th June 2015, 19:12   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIAAA View Post
Thank you VGK . We are planning to leave tomorrow from Faridabad on a road trip to Hyd, Blr, Mysore and Ooty. And your route tips and other inputs couldn't have come at a better time for us. We were planning to reach Hyd in 3 days with night halts at Sagar and Nagpur - but now am encouraged to do Sagar-HYd in one day - will keep you posted.
Target 20/21 hours as approximate driving time including halts (not the overnight ones) from Faridabad to Hyderabad which is doable in 2 days.
Old 15th June 2015, 17:03   #158
BHPian

H!
I am planning to go to Delhi on my Royal Enfield 500cc desert storm by 3rd july 2015
from Hyderabad. At present I am all alone but if anyone wants to accompany me, I shall be happy.

My plan is to go to Anandmayi maa ashram at Khankal ( near Haridwar ) and then to Kedarnath and Badarinath. After these darshans I want to return to Hyderabad by the same route.I have no intention to stay in Delhi.

So I just want to be clear about the route.
In my earlier north-india tour on my Ninja 250cc bike to Leh-Laddhak ( from Hyderabad all alone ), I came back to Hyderabad from Ujjaini via Itarasi,Betul, Nagapur to Hyderabad .That was quite a return journey because the road through Itarsi ,Betul and Nagapur were most horrible.

This time weather shall I travel through Chindwara or shall it be better if it had Jabalpur route? . I am asking the route once I reach Nagapur. I have no intention to enter the city of Nagapur or to stay for the night at Nagapur. I think from Hyderabad , I can reach Nagapur in 7 hours time which means if I were to start by 4.00 am I should be there at Nagapur by 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm at most , if the time taken for breakfast and lunch included.
I hope experienced people on team-bhp might guide me in a better way. Presently I could not figure out as to where to stay for the night.
Old 15th June 2015, 20:53   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuraja View Post
H!
I am planning to go to Delhi on my Royal Enfield 500cc desert storm by 3rd july 2015
from Hyderabad. At present I am all alone but if anyone wants to accompany me, I shall be happy.
Hi,

We did Gurgaon to Hyderabad about a fortnight back by Skoda Yeti. First day we did Gurgaon to Sagar in Madhya Pradesh. Left Gurgaon by 5.45 am and reached Sagar in about ten hours including stops in between. Stayed at Hotel Deepali Residency for the night. Left Sagar at 4.30 am, reached Nagpur by 9.15 am via Narsinghpur, Chindwara, Savner. Left Nagpur at about 10.30 and reached Hyderabad by 2.45 pm. Except near Hinghanghat railway bridge and some sections near Adilabad, the roads are excellent. You should have no problem whatsoever.

Last edited by ampere : 15th June 2015 at 21:39. Reason: Removed bulk of the quoted post.
Krishnan V G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 09:48   #160

Could anyone give a heads up on the condition of the Gwalior Jhansi road ? Has the work been completed or at least, restarted ?

For the optimal route, My suggestion would be
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Hy...29.9456906!3e0

Look up this link on the net. You could modify the route according to your preferences. This route avoids entering Delhi - the thing to remember is that you have to turn RIGHT when the Yamuna expressway finishes.

For the stopovers, you have to decide how many Kms / Hrs you want to drive each day. If you let us know that we could suggest stopovers

Last edited by ampere : 23rd June 2015 at 07:54. Reason: Back to back post merged
Old 22nd June 2015, 17:26   #161
BHPian

Thanks for the map.
I shall start my journey from Hyderabad to Haridwar on my RE 500 by 5:30 morning, which means I may reach Nagpur by 12.00 pm. Going via Chichindwara means I think I must cross entire city of Nagpur at midday. Instead of that I can choose the root to bypass the city of Nagpur by going towards Seoni , Lakhnadon to Narasinghpur. Am I right?
Old 22nd June 2015, 20:46   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Hi Guys,

Any good place to stop over doing DEL-HYD? I need to do this in 2 days so stop over some where around 1000km from Delhi would be helpful. I'm doing the Gujarat, MH route.

Thanks.
Hi Unoczar. I guess my reply to your query is too late, nevertheless wanted to give the experience of traveling Delhi to Hyderabad through Nagpur.

On the first day, we started from Delhi Cantt and followed the Yamuna expressway to Agra. Got woefully lost in the city before finding our bearings and finding the Gwalior road. From Gwalior we followed the road to Jhansi-Talbehat-Sagar-Narsinghpur-Seoni. It was a total of 920 kms covered in about 16 hours. The roads were very good barring a few minor patches. The road after Talbehat is an absolute pleasure to drive with excellent markings assisting in negotiating then even at nights. Seoni has quite a few decent motels to stop over for the night. Even halting at Sagar is recommended as it has it's share of good hotels if one doesn't intend driving 920 km in a single day.

From Seoni we followed the straight route to Nagpur through the Pench reserve which is quite decent too. Nagpur can be crossed through bypass without having to negotiate the city traffic. We followed NH 7 from Nagpur and the real torture starts from Hinghanghat. The route from Hinghanghat to Pandharkawda is in absolute shambles with deep craters throughout. Driving through that portion makes you regret the trip altogether.

After Pandharkawda though the roads are a joy to drive on. All in all the 650 km stretch from Seoni to Hyderabad was covered in about 10 hours.

I did this stretch in January this year in my Etios Liva with three passengers including self and a whole lot of household stuff packed into the boot and the passenger row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajsharma48 View Post
Could anyone give a heads up on the condition of the Gwalior Jhansi road ? Has the work been completed or at least, restarted ?
The Gwalior-Jhansi road is actually not as bad as it sounds when we read through the many travelogues. I too was apprehensive before traversing it and decided to take my chance. This was in January. I presume that the route would only have bettered in the past half year.
Hunter3077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 08:54   #163

Route for Hyderabad- Jammu Road Trip

I am looking to do a road trip with my family from Hyderabad to Jammu in Dec'15 (10 days), meet up with a few friends there. Looking for route options, tips and overnight stay options en-route. I am fine to do 2 different routes - 1 for going and another for coming back.
1. Is it a good time to drive.
2. I am hoping to doe this with 2 night halts - is it possible?

Vehicle: Scorpio Vlx (4*2)

I did look up a few older post on travel from Blr/Pune to Ladakh/Leh etc. those are helpful - looking for some more recent updates.
Old 27th July 2015, 09:32   #164
Team-BHP Support

Re: Route for Hyderabad- Jammu Road Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnemani View Post
I am looking to do a road trip with my family from Hyderabad to Jammu in Dec'15 (10 days), meet up with a few friends there.
Hi,

I moved your thread to this one as I think you will get more answers here for the bulk part. (Hyd-Delhi).

For the next leg, there are many on the Delhi-Jammu who can help.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 23:42   #165
Senior - BHPian

I did Bangalore - Uttarakhand last month.

Disclaimer: the monsoon might have changed things. But this is my feedback from last month:

Hyd - Nagpur stretch has improved a lot. Just drive carefully, but you should be able to maintain decent speeds.

Nagpur - Seoni: a few potholes, not too bad.

Seoni - Jhansi: great roads. There is a new place near Sagar - on the highway - where you can have lunch. You will find rough signboards. Need not go inside Sagar.

Google maps led me to a 8 feet wide village road when I asked GoogleDevi to help me bypass Jhansi. I lost 30 min. But part of a roadtrip.

Jhansi - Gwalior: many diversions. I was stuck in a jam for an hour near Gwalior.

Gwalior - Agra: decent road, lots of traffic. I did this stretch in the eve/night. Had an interesting experience when stopping at a dhaba in the badlands. Better not to stop.

Agra - Noida: use Google Maps to find YEH entry. Accurate.

I started from Pench around 10.30, was in Agra around 10, even after getting stuck in jams. Nagpur - Delhi is very doable if you time things right.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 27th July 2015 at 23:43.
nilanjanray is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks