Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2016, 12:15   #226
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries

Thanks for the updates Bordeaux. Have plans to do Hyd-Del in couple of weeks so this is helpful

Quick question more so from the other side A) if I have to connect to the Yamuna expressway while coming from Gwalior ,how does one get onto the inner ring road (Agra) and then the expressway?

B) For Yamuna Nagar do you recommend Karnal -Indri route or Kurukshetra -Ladwa-Radour?

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 7th December 2016 at 12:20.
Old 7th December 2016, 18:21   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
A) if I have to connect to the Yamuna expressway while coming from Gwalior ,how does one get onto the inner ring road (Agra) and then the expressway?
Sadly there is no good way to do that as such. But personally, I will take this next time I am doing this route. https://goo.gl/maps/V2y93NQeNHq There will be more deciding factors like time of day. Early morning or late night, you can take whatever path you like but during the day, the route I mentioned will be least painful. Google agrees with me as well.

Quote:
B) For Yamuna Nagar do you recommend Karnal -Indri route or Kurukshetra -Ladwa-Radour?
Going forward we took Karnal-Indri-Ladwa-Radour-YNR and on return journey we took YNR-Radour-Ladwa-Pipli-Karnal. It's better to go via Pipli. All the flyovers are now complete. Also, there is no toll plaza between Pipli and Karnal, so you won't be paying anything extra to use the highway.
bordeaux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 14:22   #228
BHPian

More good news for people doing Delhi-Hyderabad or Gurgaon-Hyderabad who wants to take NH-19 (Old NH-2). Also for people who want to bypass Agra on Gwalior-Jaipur route.

The Agra bypsas connecting NH-19 (Old NH-2) to NH-44 (Old NH-3) has been opened today as per a ministry announcement. See the images attached.

Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries-cztrga5uaaahfbd.jpg
MORTH Announcement (Lakarpan means dedicated to public)

Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries-screenshot20161210024429alhebs4j.png
The alignment of the Agra Bypass. Observe the sand color arc.

Original tweet by MORTH https://twitter.com/MORTHIndia/statu...00660111380480
bordeaux is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 19:27   #229
BHPian

Update from my end.

Did the Hyderabad -Chhindwara route today

Hyd to Telangana border is smooth,can cruise in comfortable triple digit speeds with no sweat

TG border to Daruda toll (19km before Hinganghat ) has lot of diversions due to the on going 4 laning (but pothole free road so no problem at all)

Nagpur metro construction is under way so got stuck in traffic to connect to nh 47 which then connects to 547

Highlight was the beautiful nh 547 to Chhindwara .Beautiful (twisties/forest/great quality tarmac)

Also do visit the 101 feet hanuman before entering Chhindwara city (really nice)

Checked into Hotel Silver Shine (good rooms /secure parking )

Leg 2 tomorrow is Chhindwara to Gwalior

Second Leg : Chhindwara -Gwalior

Awesomeness continued first the remainder of nh 547 ( Chhindwara - Narsinghpur)

All good again. Between Narsinghpur - Jhaṅsi by pass ( lot of sugarcane carrying vehicles traffic though)

Real torture /Pain in the unmentionable - Jhaṅsi - Gwalior (100km)

Seems they have abondoned 4 laning here.Cow dung placed on the diveder and what not

Took 3 hours to cover the last stretch

Hoping to get good roads between Gwalior Agra tomorrow before getting onto the yamuna express way for Delhi
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries-img_2410.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th December 2016 at 13:08. Reason: merging posts
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th December 2016, 00:02   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Seems they have abondoned 4 laning here.Cow dung placed on the diveder and what not

Took 3 hours to cover the last stretch
That's a princely average of 30-35kph!!Looks like they have completely abandoned even hopes of completing this stretch.
Old 27th December 2016, 14:09   #231
BHPian

Dear BHPians - any updates on the latest road conditions around Hinganghat? For a totally leisurely drive with good roads all along -- is the Delhi - Mumbai- Pune - Hyderabad route advisable?

Last edited by Masda : 27th December 2016 at 14:14. Reason: missed the updates from more recent posts
Old 27th December 2016, 14:35   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masda View Post
Dear BHPians - any updates on the latest road conditions around Hinganghat? For a totally leisurely drive with good roads all along -- is the Delhi - Mumbai- Pune - Hyderabad route advisable?
Solapur-Hyderabad is bad,you might want to take the route via Akkalkot-Gulbarga-Sedam-Kodangal-Chevella-Hyd,except for a 1-2km bad patch (road non existent patch)near the MH-KA border,rest of the road is pretty good.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 16:49   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A friend and Team BHPian did Hyderabad to Delhi and reached Delhi at 4:00pm on 3rd day (He is currently in Delhi)

According to him, Hinganghat is not that bad and can keep a 80kmph speeds on some broken roads

He did Hyderabad-Nagpur-Gwalior-Delhi

Will request him to post more details here
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 17:35   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Read below and decide.
Quote:
Update from my end.

Did the Hyderabad -Chhindwara route today

Hyd to Telangana border is smooth,can cruise in comfortable triple digit speeds with no sweat

TG border to Daruda toll (19km before Hinganghat ) has lot of diversions due to the on going 4 laning (but pothole free road so no problem at all)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
A friend and Team BHPian did Hyderabad to Delhi and
Mobike008, he has already posted his experience on this thread.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 18:41   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
That's a princely average of 30-35kph!!Looks like they have completely abandoned even hopes of completing this stretch.
Contractor assigned for this stretch took NHAI to court for delays in land acquisition. The case is still pending. Don't expect anything to happen here for a foreseeable future.
Old 28th December 2016, 13:34   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Update from my end.

Is there a way to avoid Jhansi - Gwalior section? Was the quality of road (tarmac) also bad or just unruly traffic/undivided roads? I am wondering if it is the latter, then I could adjust my timing and cross this section early morning.
Old 28th December 2016, 16:59   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way to avoid Jhansi - Gwalior section? Was the quality of road (tarmac) also bad or just unruly traffic/undivided roads? I am wondering if it is the latter, then I could adjust my timing and cross this section early morning.
There is no need to avoid it really. And all alternate routes are longer by at least 80-90 KMs. Jhansi Gwalior is mostly two lane slightly bumpy tarmac with no potholes and a few diversions. Note that the diversions also have tarmac and again no potholes there as well. It does feel a little congested in and around Dabra town but that's a max of 3-4 KM stretch. Traffic is not too much either if you are not driving at peak times.
bordeaux is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 00:49   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Refer to this post which is detailed with drive stats and toll expense.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4118381

I would recommend going via Nagpur due to these reasons

1)Only Hingnaghat and Jhansi - Gwalior stretches are bad, in terms of KM around total 200 KM is bad, the rest 1300 KM is in very good condition and with no traffic. So you'll enjoy yr drive.

2) Mumbai to Delhi has good roads but highly congested

Drive Safe.
rauldsouza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:24   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
Note that the diversions also have tarmac and again no potholes there as well. Traffic is not too much either if you are not driving at peak times.
Thank you so much, bordeaux -- this comes as a huge relief as going via Mumbai would have added an extra day, not to mention the additional costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Refer to this post which is detailed with drive stats and toll expense.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4118381
Thank you, rauldsouza. This is exactly what I needed. I guess Delhi - Agra -Jhansi - Nagpur - Hyd route makes the most sense.
Old 25th April 2017, 17:34   #240
BHPian

People. Have a move plan next month from Bhilai to Delhi and further towards Punjab. request update the suggested route via Nagpur (bypass). Some have suggested to head via Sagar, Chindwara to Jhansi.
Planned route is:
Bhilai>>bypass Nagpur>>Sagar>>Jhansi>>Gwalior>>Agra>>bypass New Delhi>>bypass Rohtak>>and beyond.
Please provide any updates that are required to be incorporated in detail.
Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks