Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2017, 12:47   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries

Just came back from Trip to Jaipur and Agra, as already discussed Gwalior - Jhansi stretch is the only pain on entire route. Dabra stretch is most painful one with all sorts of vehicles coming from the directions, it seems whole town has come down on the Road.
Old 5th January 2018, 12:59   #257
Senior - BHPian

Hi All, need to do a Delhi to Hyderabad drive this month for the first time, So had a few queries in my mind,

1. How is the fog conditions early morning on Yamuna Expressway ? What is an ideal time to start from Delhi, so as to reach Nagpur by late in the night for a layover.

2. Would require to do fuel stops every 500-600 kms : (Thanks to the fuel economy of the vehicle i will be in) are there adequate fuel stations on the way ?

3. Route suggestions & Road conditions, Cautions if any.

4. Also any suggestions for good restaurants for lunch/dinner.

Thanks in advance !

Last edited by ShortShifter : 5th January 2018 at 13:01.
Old 5th January 2018, 13:21   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
Hi All, need to do a Delhi to Hyderabad drive this month for the first time, So had a few queries in my mind,

1. How is the fog conditions early morning on Yamuna Expressway ? What is an ideal time to start from Delhi, so as to reach Nagpur by late in the night for a layover.

2. Would require to do fuel stops every 500-600 kms : (Thanks to the fuel economy of the vehicle i will be in) are there adequate fuel stations on the way ?

Thanks in advance !
Delhi to Nagpur in one day is quite ambitious IMHO,its going to be a minimum 20hr drive a few hours here or there depending on traffic conditions.

Instead you could consider Delhi-Sagar and then Sagar-Hyderabad.These are going to be long drives as well but better than the single day dash to Nagpur IMO.

No problems with fuel enroute.

The other way to do this would be Delhi-Udaipur,Udaipur-Pune,Pune-Hyderabad.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 14:13   #259
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance !
As pointed out by Ranjit, Delhi-Nagpur will be quite a stretch. No matter when you start from Delhi, you are going to face congestion at Agra (even in early morning there are a lot of milkmen driving on the wrong side), Morena (no bypass), Dabra (No bypass, super congested throughout the day, takes at least 20 minutes to cross this town), Gwalior-Jhansi (two laned with a lot of diversions, takes a minimum 1.5 hours for this 80 KM stretch irrespective of the time of day/night).

Fuel stations are not a problem as such but Murphy's law suggests that you won't find a fuel station when you need one. On these long drives, my rule is to fill whenever the fuel is below 20%.

I have heard instances of car-jacking/loot on Delhi-Agra (NH-2/Yamuna Expressway), so better take extra caution while doing this. Even electronic sign boards on Yamuna Expressway warn you of these things at night.

For Narsinghpur-Nagpur, take the route via Chhindwara. It's a two lane road but nicely maintained one. The route via Pench forest has many diversions and definitely not recommended for a fatigued driver.

Food options are limited on this stretch. Have food whenever you spot a good dhaba/restaurant if you are even slightly hungry. There are no food options between Jhansi-Sagar and it's quite a stretch.

From my personal experiences over the years here is a list of places we have eaten at.

- Tourist Motel Datia / https://goo.gl/maps/d5RVRTFsS2w
- Hotel Deepali Sagar / https://goo.gl/maps/PQYd2jwCUUU2 (Good for stay as well, need to book in real advance, normally sold out)
- Divya Resort Kamareddy / https://goo.gl/maps/v4KLbS6mbdC2

Other than those you can have a meal at reputed restaurants in any of the major towns on your way.

Feel free to ask for anything else.
bordeaux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 09:32   #260
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance !
Pls remember Hinganghat section has very limited fuel options, I was nearly stranded last month while driving Bangalore Nagpur. The bad road conditions on the stretch will make your car drain fuel quicker, so Pls tank up before Leaving Nagpur.

Also you'll find limited options for dinner after leaving Nagpur.

Here's a detailed post covering Delhi - Hyderabad drive.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4118247
Old 13th May 2018, 08:10   #261
BHPian

Just did Hyderabad to Delhi in daytime.

Day 1: Hyderabad to Sagar
Started at 5:30am, reached at 7pm (Hotel Deepali, Sagar). Overall great route with no pain points. 2-3 short breaks and a big one for lunch at Haldiram in Nagpur at around 12:30pm. Hotel Deepali is nice one, good food (only Veg though).

Day 2: Sagar to Delhi
Started at 6:30am, reached at 6pm (Dwarka). Took Chindwara route and it’s definitely a smooth one. Only bad patch is Jhansi - Gwalior one with lots of diversions. Rest is all comfortable drive. 2-3 short breaks and a big one for lunch in Agra at around 1:30pm just before taking Yamuna Expressway.

Saw a tire burst of a bus right in front of us on Yamuna Expressway. It was a scary one but the bus guy manage to control & stop the bus.
satpalsharma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 18:21   #262
BHPian

Can you please let me know if there is any area between Hyderabad - Delhi road that is not safe for night driving; considering I am traveling with family
Old 11th July 2018, 18:45   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishroy View Post
Can you please let me know if there is any area between Hyderabad - Delhi road that is not safe for night driving; considering I am traveling with family
There are no safety issues on any stretches.The reccomended way to do this stretch would be

If you have the luxury of three days

D1:HYD-Nagpur

D2:Nagpur-Sagar

D3:Sagar-Agra-Delhi

In two days

D1: HYD-SAGAR

D2:SAGAR-DELHI
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 20:09   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
There are no safety issues on any stretches.
Thanks a lot Ranjit.

We are travelling Leh from Hyderabad and don't have luxury of two full days even.
We are planning to give first stop at Jhansi and next stop at Udhampur.
Krishroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 20:14   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Ranjit.

We are travelling Leh from Hyderabad and don't have luxury of two full days even.
Am sure you have enough number of drivers to do the duties.But most importantly do not stretch it the moment you begin to challenge your body clocks All the best,safe drives,Godspeed.
Old 11th July 2018, 23:05   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Am sure you have enough number of drivers to do the duties.But most importantly do not stretch it the moment you begin to challenge your body clocks All the best,safe drives,Godspeed.
Yes, we are three drivers, with good Highway drive experience.

Thanks a lot
Old 12th July 2018, 14:01   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Ranjit.

Krish, it's pretty much doable. I did Gachibowli - Lalitpur stretch in 2014 when Hinganghat stretch was horrible, Pench park road was pathetic and many more stretches were still under development. Roads have come a long way since then and I have seen them improving over the years. These days, it's not the bad roads that delay you but the toll plaza queues. Please get a FasTag if you haven't already. Saves a lot of time on North-South corridor.

IMO, these are riddles for you.
- Whether to go through Pench forest or via Chhindwara.
MH part of Pench forest road must be all 4 lane by now but I am not too sure about the MP part even though it's a relatively small stretch. The Chhindwara route though in good condition all the way, is a two lane road and slows you down significantly.
- Whether to take Yamuna Expressway or Easter Peripheral Expressway
I'd prefer EPE but for that you have to be on NH-19 for a while and I am not aware of the status of Six lane expansion there. Also, for EPE, you can take the new Agra Bypass which saves you from pathetic Agra traffic.
I have done Hyderabad-Haryana several times since 2014 and have never felt unsafe as such. The only trouble was caused by UP cops when they stopped us near Jhansi and took Rs. 300 for nothing (just because they saw AP license plate and saw a good opportunity to make money)

Best of luck for your travel!
bordeaux is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 12:53   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
Krish, it's pretty much doable. I did Gachibowli - Lalitpur stretch in 2014 when Hinganghat stretch was horrible, Pench park road was pathetic and many more stretches were still under development. Roads have come a long way since then and I have seen them improving over the years. These days, it's not the bad roads that delay you but the toll plaza queues. Please get a FasTag if you haven't already. Saves a lot of time on North-South corridor.

IMO, these are riddles for you.
- Whether to go through Pench forest or via Chhindwara.
MH part of Pench forest road must be all 4 lane by now but I am not too sure about the MP part even though it's a relatively small stretch. The Chhindwara route though in good condition all the way, is a two lane road and slows you down significantly.
- Whether to take Yamuna Expressway or Easter Peripheral Expressway
I'd prefer EPE but for that you have to be on NH-19 for a while and I am not aware of the status of Six lane expansion there. Also, for EPE, you can take the new Agra Bypass which saves you from pathetic Agra traffic.
I have done Hyderabad-Haryana several times since 2014 and have never felt unsafe as such. The only trouble was caused by UP cops when they stopped us near Jhansi and took Rs. 300 for nothing (just because they saw AP license plate and saw a good opportunity to make money)

Best of luck for your travel!
Thanks a lot!

Just completed the Ladakh trip and back in Hyderabad yesterday. Will share the details very soon
Old 20th August 2018, 06:00   #269
BHPian

What is the latest update on this road? Especially with the rains in full force. Need to do this road starting 1st September.
Old 20th August 2018, 10:30   #270
Senior - BHPian

I will be doing this stretch next weekend as well. Travelling from Bangalore to Dwarka, Delhi. Any update or suggestions will be appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks