Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2023, 22:36   #421
SDK
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsudhir View Post
Speed challan in adilabad stretch even where there is no cut in the median to merge local traffic.
Do you have the location details for the speed camera near Adilabad ? Any idea if there is only 1 speed camera or multiple in that stretch ? How are the road conditions now from TS/MH border to Nagpur.

I am heading up north in April end and planning to reach Murthal/Panipat in 1.5 days with a halt in Nagpur.
Old 16th March 2023, 12:19   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Do you have the location details for the speed camera near Adilabad ? Any idea if there is only 1 speed camera or multiple in that stretch ? How are the road conditions now from TS/MH border to Nagpur.

I am heading up north in April end and planning to reach Murthal/Panipat in 1.5 days with a halt in Nagpur.
They are not fixed ones. Usually its a guy with camera hiding either on divider or on side. I have multiple challans around that area as I drive Delhi/Hyd route twice or thrice a year both ways.

While going I cross Hyderabad area at night so its not an issue, its only while coming back from Delhi I end up in their trap
Old 16th March 2023, 14:19   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
They are not fixed ones. Usually its a guy with camera hiding either on divider or on side. I have multiple challans around that area as I drive Delhi/Hyd route twice or thrice a year both ways.

While going I cross Hyderabad area at night so its not an issue, its only while coming back from Delhi I end up in their trap
What is the speed limit and how much is the fine? Are speed limit signs kept on the highway?
Old 27th March 2023, 05:58   #424
BHPian

Here’s my Noida - Kannur route update - 2475 kms 39 hrs
Toll cost ₹3880.

Day 1 - 910 kms 13 hrs incl breaks
Noida - Agra - Taj expressway - good roads n fast
Agra - bypass - Google maps took us through a non existent road.took us through a village dirt road.lost 30 mins.
Agra - Dholpur - Morena- Gwalior - too much truck traffic
Gwalior - Jhansi - decent roads , local traffic, trucks n bike.
Jhansi - Sagar - great roads - cattle on the road. Speed cameras
Sagar - Narsinghpur - lakhnadon - seoni- decent roads

Notes :
Trucks change lanes without indication
Local two wheelers - ride in the middle of the highway
Cattle on the highway
Places for breaks with family - less
Fuel stations - enough of them - prices low in UP.

Day 2 - Seoni - Bangalore - 1220 Kms - 18 hrs (won’t recommend this in one day. It’s tiring)
Seoni - Pench- Nagpur - good roads
Nagpur - Hyderabad - Maharashtra section is below average - rough surface - Andhra - Telangana roads better - too much traffic
Hyderabad - bangalore - busy highway - decent surface - good options for breaks

Day 3 Bangalore - Kannur - 360 Kms 7.5 hrs
Bypassing bangalore via Hebbal time consuming (going through city could be worse)
Kengeri mysore - beautiful elevated ( mostly) expressway . Can cover this in 1.15 hrs
Mysore - piriyapatna good roads
Piriyapatna - gonikoppa - too many speed breakers
Gonikoppa-virajpet - average road condition
Virajpet - iritty - good roads
Iritty - Kannur - Good roads - heavy traffic
ad75 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 12:22   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
Here’s my Noida - Kannur route update - 2475 kms 39 hrs
Toll cost ₹3880.

Day 1 - 910 kms 13 hrs incl breaks
Noida - Agra - Taj expressway - good roads n fast
Agra - bypass - Google maps took us through a non existent road.took us through a village dirt road.lost 30 mins.
Actually you saved 30 mins by taking this route. Its a new bypass route came in early last year. Though it takes you through small village but it totally bypass Agra city. If you enter Agra little late in morning (after 7am) then this is the best route, otherwise you get stuck in city traffic.

Maybe in few months time, this bypass will be complete and will avoid crossing that village.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 11:02   #426
BHPian

I am planning to relocate to gurgaon from Bangalore and i need to transport my car. But reading the posts on the packers and movers thread, looks like driving myself is better. I can drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad, stay at home for a couple of days. Then drive to Gurgaon with a stop midway. Which one's a better place to stop for the night? I'll most likely travel alone.
Old 3rd April 2023, 12:51   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
I am planning to relocate to gurgaon from Bangalore and i need to transport my car. But reading the posts on the packers and movers thread, looks like driving myself is better. I can drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad, stay at home for a couple of days. Then drive to Gurgaon with a stop midway. Which one's a better place to stop for the night? I'll most likely travel alone.
1. You can safely transfer your car through original Aggarwal Packers and movers. I have done that twice.

2. If driving (always recommended) from Hyderabad, then you can stay at Lemon Tree Jhansi.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 07:49   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Between Hyderabad and Delhi, Sagar is a more reasonable point to drive to and stay. You have Hotel Deepali and other options these days.
Jhansi has a Sarovar Portico also. But you have to enter the city at the BHEL exit from NH 44.
Roads are largely fine. I drove Hyderabad - Jhansi - Lucknow two days back.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 19:55   #429
BHPian

Currently in transit, will provide details report later. Options for stay that I have personally stayed at during our various north south journeys.

- Le Meredian Nagpur - Outside the city, closer to Nagpur bypass, avoids all Nagpur traffic
- Hotel Deepali Sagar - World famous hotel, world's best hotel, enough said!
- Sarovar Portico Jhansi
- Narayanam Hotel Gwalior - Very affordable, clean, secured parking, still outside the core busy areas

We were able to do Gwalior-Nagpur within the sunlight. The road is smooth all the way except for a few rough patches here and there but no large potholes to cause harm. BUT BUT BUT there are like 5 million cows on the road in MP, few of them dead lying in the fast lane. Be careful.
Old 10th April 2023, 23:26   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If its your first time.i would suggest go via the GQ route as opposed to the NS Corridor,reason being via the GQ you would be spoilt for wayside facilities which are virtually absent on the NS corridor.

D1:Hyd-Solapur-Pune-Mumbai : 12-13hrs
D2:Mumbai-Surat-Baroda-Ahmedabad: 9-11hrs
D3:Udaipur-Jaipur-Gurgaon: 12hrs
Old 11th April 2023, 00:07   #431
BHPian

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I need to be in Delhi by 13th and I don't have time to drive. I guess I'll do this trip in reverse after 2 years. *fingers crossed*
Old 11th April 2023, 16:31   #432
BHPian

Folks it is time again to relocate back. This time to Hyderabad. Though I have done this route twice but still wanted to know about the recent developments on the Delhi -> Hyderabad route.

I am also planning to take Delhi -> Agra via Yamuna Expressway -> Lucknow Expressway -> Bundelkhand Expressway -> Jabalpur on Day 1.
And then the usual NH44 till Hyderabad.
Above plan on expressway to combat cattle and truck traffic till Sagar. Please let me know if anyone has done this and/or your opinions on this.
Old 12th April 2023, 13:00   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Folks it is time again to relocate back. This time to Hyderabad. Though I have done this route twice but still wanted to know about the recent developments on the Delhi -> Hyderabad route.

I am also planning to take Delhi -> Agra via Yamuna Expressway -> Lucknow Expressway -> Bundelkhand Expressway -> Jabalpur on Day 1.
And then the usual NH44 till Hyderabad.
Above plan on expressway to combat cattle and truck traffic till Sagar. Please let me know if anyone has done this and/or your opinions on this.
I did this last August. As usual my 4am start from Delhi. Zero traffic on all 3 expressways till I got down from Bundelkhand express and took NH 27 in order to reach Jhansi.

From Jhansi to Hyderabad was as usual.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 14:27   #434
BHPian

Did Manali-Hyderabad via Yamunanagar last week. Ride was Mercedes GLC 220D. Lost of traffic jams on Manali highway between Mandi and Aut. We lost almost 1.5 hours in near standstill traffic. Jams are due to work in progress. A lot of tunnels are nearing completion but this highway is still very many years from completion. Aut to Manali is a mix of undivided and divided carriageway but the surface is as good as it gets.

Yamunanagar - Gwalior
9 hours net driving time other than breaks. Was able to do this within daylight. Avoided GT Road and went via Saharanpur-Meerut instead and took Yamuna Expressway from Noida. Took the Agra Inner Ring Road to join NH-44 for Gwalior. As mentioned the Inner Ring Road is not complete but only a kilometer long stretch is real bad that passes through a village. It's in bad shape with giant sinkholes. Be careful. But it'll be worth it and will save a ton of time compared to going through Agra's chaotic traffic. Agra-Gwalior section is as busy as Jaipur-Kishangarh or Baroda-Mumbai. Very high density trucking. Surface is good.

Note: Next time I'll take Bundelkhand expressway instead and drive directly to Jhansi via NH-27. There's plenty of daylight to get to Jhansi directly.

Gwalior - Nagpur
8.5 hours net driving time other than breaks. Again was able to do it within daylight. The entire stretch is one of the best surfaces out there. No work in progress except for minor repair works. Sparse traffic. Really enjoyable. Entire Pench forest stretch is complete. Also, for this stretch the Hotel Deepali, Sagar falls exactly at the lunch time. We did stop there.

Nagpur - Hyderabad
6.5 hours driving time with lunch break. Maharasthra section remains troublesome but no major potholes this time. The ride is very bouncy though especially on bridges and culverts. Be careful while going over those especially in SUVs. You will bounce a lot and may be airborne if you don't slow down. BUT BUT as soon as you hit Telangana border the surface is smoother than the Azerbaijan F1 circuit. You can literally drive an F1 car on this and still won't feel a thing. There are 3 flyovers work-in-progress closer to Hyderabad Outer Ring Road but the diversions are great quality asphalt and no potholes.
bordeaux is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 11:48   #435
Senior - BHPian

Time has come to do NonStop drive from Hyderabad to Delhi again.

Come June, I have to be in Delhi. Since I have already done Nonstop drive from Delhi to Hyderabad, this time I want to do Hyderabad to Delhi.

No stress driving, taking breaks as per need. But only thing different is that this time it will be Night drive. As you might have seen that my preferred start time is 4am on all my drives, but this time I am planning on starting around 8PM and reach Delhi around evening time next day.

My only concern is the Pench area. Since I would be covering that section at night so wanted to know if its allowed (I mean no time restrictions to cross that section)?

Most Viewed