Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2013, 16:36   #61
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Best route at the moment IMO would be Hyd-NH9-Beed-Aurangabad-Dhule-Sendhwa-Dhamnod-Indore-Lebad-Ratlam-Neemuch-Kota-Chittor-Bhilwara-Kishangarh-GVK Eway-Jaipur Bypass-Gurgaon-Delhi
With the ongoing Jaipur -Delhi road extension work its best to avoid this portion.
Old 9th April 2013, 12:56   #62
BHPian

I travelled through Bhopal route to Agra-Delhi a few days back.

With respect to other options, this route has become so bad that this should be avoided at all cost.

Hyderabad - Nagpur - 2 bad stretches but mostly OK.

Nagpur - Betul - there are road wide-ing projects going on - they are mostly OK as long as you can tolerate diversions. a long stretch of cement road as well.

Betul - Bhopal - your worst nightmare. Mega size craters, roads disappear at times, As it is there were narrow single pass bridges, now we have unmotorable roads. Also no evidence of any repair work.

As you start coming closer to Bhopal, bad roads with single lane truck traffic makes it even worse.

Bhopal to Biaora is lighter traffic - and decent road. After that till Gwalior you are stuck with truck traffic and your overtaking skills is all that would matter. Gwalior Agra is fine as is Agra-Noida expressway.

Definitely not recommended over Sagar route or the better one through Jaipur-Indore

Cheers
Rajesh
adzegeek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 17:29   #63
BHPian

Guys,

I am under process of shifting my base from Hyderabad to Gurgaon currently and looking at what can be done on the logistics front.

I am planning to keep my car with me because I am being quoted some ridiculously low prices for it in Hyderabad - based on the age. Given that, I have 2 options to transport my ride :

1. Drive down from hyderabad to gurgaon.
2. Get it transported from Hyderabad to Delhi through rail/road.

I would love to go for option 1 but the road conditions through MP do not excite me much about it. Would it be wise to take the longer route(avoiding MP as much as possible) via gujarat ? I know it is going to be atleast 400-500K longer and that is why I ask - is it worth it ?

I have never used the second option and don't know how bad/good it would be. Railway guys might screw up my ride and I might end up spending a lot which I am trying to save by not selling it in hyderabad.

Inputs please !!
Old 30th April 2013, 17:33   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Inputs please !!
For option 2, please contact Motoringlover via.PM.

He shifted base from Hyderabad to Gurgoan a couple of months ago and he transported his ride (Skoda vRS) and he may be able to help you with those details.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 17:34   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
For option 2, please contact Motoringlover via.PM.

He shifted base from Hyderabad to Gurgoan a couple of months ago and he transported his ride (Skoda vRS) and he may be able to help you with those details.
Excellent !! I would have a trusted review then, thanks a lot
Old 30th April 2013, 17:40   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I am under process of shifting my base from Hyderabad to Gurgaon

Would it be wise to take the longer route(avoiding MP as much as possible) via gujarat ? I know it is going to be atleast 400-500K longer and that is why I ask - is it worth it ?
Well you are getting an opportunity to do a 1500 odd km drive ,i would say go for it.

You'll cover one portion of the gq if you go via mumbai

As stated by others the m.p route is no great shakes

On a side note ,i hope your future organization is giving you a good relocation allowance (petrol ikon/fiesta 1500 kms will cost some money)

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 30th April 2013 at 17:42.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 17:53   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Well you are getting an opportunity to do a 1500 odd km drive ,i would say go for it.

You'll cover one portion of the gq if you go via mumbai

As stated by others the m.p route is no great shakes

On a side note ,i hope your future organization is giving you a good relocation allowance (petrol ikon/fiesta 1500 kms will cost some money)
Exactly, I would really love to drive but definitely not through MP after the stories I have heard of the roads there. Via Mumbai will be too long, I could cut after Solapur somewhere towards Vadodara and then Ahmedabad to Udaipur and the rest of the usual route. I haven't found the exact route yet, but just took an idea on google.

BTW, I have a Fiesta 1.4(P) not an Ikon and it is pretty okay on the FE front. On my recent round trip to Goa(1600+ kms), it returned a 15.5 and I had to shell out approximately 7.5K on the fuel(including a full tank in Goa at 55 rs per litre), which I think is okay. The organization is the same, not providing any assistance for transportation of car. If I drive, it is going to be around 10K for the fuel.

Tranporting the car by road is gonna cost me around 20K easily - I can't expect anything less than that.
Old 30th April 2013, 20:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I am under process of shifting my base from Hyderabad to Gurgaon currently and looking at what can be done on the logistics front.

I am planning to keep my car with me because I am being quoted some ridiculously low prices for it in Hyderabad - based on the age. Given that, I have 2 options to transport my ride :

1. Drive down from hyderabad to gurgaon.
2. Get it transported from Hyderabad to Delhi through rail/road.

I would love to go for option 1 but the road conditions through MP do not excite me much about it. Would it be wise to take the longer route(avoiding MP as much as possible) via gujarat ? I know it is going to be atleast 400-500K longer and that is why I ask - is it worth it ?

I have never used the second option and don't know how bad/good it would be. Railway guys might screw up my ride and I might end up spending a lot which I am trying to save by not selling it in hyderabad.

Inputs please !!
Currently, only Babina-Jhansi-Gwalior is in bad shape, the rest of the road is a beauty. To avoid the bad Jhansi-Gwalior section, you can take the Jhansi-Shivpuri-Gwalior section which adds 75-100 kms but is a very fast route.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 22:08   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Currently, only Babina-Jhansi-Gwalior is in bad shape, the rest of the road is a beauty. To avoid the bad Jhansi-Gwalior section, you can take the Jhansi-Shivpuri-Gwalior section which adds 75-100 kms but is a very fast route.
HVK, does that mean that there is no need for doing HYD to DEL via either Mumbai or via Mhow?
Old 30th April 2013, 22:56   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
HVK, does that mean that there is no need for doing HYD to DEL via either Mumbai or via Mhow?
Considering the extra distance going via Bombay, maybe the Central India route looks more feasible for now, at least till rains start!

Going via Bombay - NH9 between Solapur & Indapur is still under widening & sees traffic jams & traffic slowdowns. You have no bypass for Pune.

Going via Mhow - you mean going via Manpur, Lebad, Ratlam, Chittorgarh?
Excellent route too. You can connect from Hyderabad via Nizamabad, Nanded, Washim, Burhanpur, Khandwa, etc. No need to go via Mhow since you can connect to NH3 from Khandwa via Maheswar to Dhanod & then take Manpur-Lebad expressway towards Ratlam (to bypass both Mhow & Indore)
Old 1st May 2013, 06:02   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Exactly, I would really love to drive but definitely .
You could take hyd-naldurg-osmanabad-aurangabad-dhule-sendhwa-pithampur-neemuch-chittor-Nh8-kishangarh-jaipur bypass-gurgaon

Day1:Hyd-Aurangabad

Day2: Aurangabad-Chittor

Day3:Chittor-Delhi
Old 1st May 2013, 07:41   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Going via Mhow - you mean going via Manpur, Lebad, Ratlam, Chittorgarh?
Excellent route too. You can connect from Hyderabad via Nizamabad, Nanded, Washim, Burhanpur, Khandwa, etc. No need to go via Mhow since you can connect to NH3 from Khandwa via Maheswar to Dhanod & then take Manpur-Lebad expressway towards Ratlam (to bypass both Mhow & Indore)
Quote:
You could take hyd-naldurg-osmanabad-aurangabad-dhule-sendhwa-pithampur-neemuch-chittor-Nh8-kishangarh-jaipur bypass-gurgaon
Yeah, this is the route what I wanted to mention. It is via Aurangabad, Dhule, Pithampur (near Mhow and Indore), Ratlam and Chittorgarh. I think this might be around 1800-1900 km. Is this extra distance worth skipping MP?
Old 1st May 2013, 08:09   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, this is the route what I wanted to mention. It is via Aurangabad, Dhule, Pithampur (near Mhow and Indore), Ratlam and Chittorgarh. I think this might be around 1800-1900 km. Is this extra distance worth skipping MP?
Excellent route, completely 4-laned from Dhule onwards, except for 30-40 kms of 2-laned bad road between Nimbahera & Chittorgarh. You do not have to touch Pthampur, you will go on the Manpur-Lebad expressway.
Old 1st May 2013, 10:35   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Day1:Hyd-Aurangabad
Quote:
Yeah, this is the route what I wanted to mention. It is via Aurangabad, Dhule, Pithampur (near Mhow and Indore), Ratlam and Chittorgarh.
Quote:
Excellent route, completely 4-laned from Dhule onwards, except for 30-40 kms of 2-laned bad road between Nimbahera & Chittorgarh. You do not have to touch Pthampur, you will go on the Manpur-Lebad expressway.
For the Day-1 (Hyd-Aurangabad via Naldurg/Beed). Is it safe to drive? I read quite many things about that region.

Ref:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2451902
Old 1st May 2013, 15:57   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
For the Day-1 (Hyd-Aurangabad via Naldurg/Beed). Is it safe to drive? I read quite many things about that region.

Ref:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2451902
That looks like an isolated incident.But then again driving through any MH state highway after dark is not my cup of tea as almost all the MH roads are isolated and lonely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks