Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2019, 10:30   #286
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
My dates are in - I'm starting from Hyderabad on 25th Oct, 5am. Plan to stop at Sagar,MP.

Confused, if I should take the chindwara route or seoni?
Why do you want to go to Seoni, if you are taking the Chindwara route to Narsinghpur/Sagar? That will be round-about.

I had written this above in this thread:

"Around 70 kms from Nagpur, at Pench, you will get a bad patch of 10 to 15 kms. The whole thing is under construction -- the controversial 9 km stretch which costs the govt a clean 1800 crore.

If you want, you can avoid this route but then you will have to enter Nagpur city and take the Chindwara route to Narsinghpur. You will not touch Seoni and Lakhnadon in this case. I wanted to avoid the Nagpur city traffic at around 2 pm and preferred to try and cross the bad patch at Pench during daylight.

But I have also heard that the Chindwara route is beautiful with a smooth two-lane undivided highway. Especially in the rainy season.

So, choice is yours.

Again, if you are taking Nagpur bypass- Seoni - Lakhnadon route, except that 10 kms at Pench, the road is excellent four lane all the way from Hyderabad to Jhansi."

Via Chindwara, you can avoid this bad patch but will have to negotiate Nagpur and some town traffic in between.

So, in both, while one problem is avoided, another one is there.

But I would still say that Pench is manageable with a little bit of patience
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 10:40   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Why do you want to go to Seoni, if you are taking the Chindwara route to Narsinghpur/Sagar? That will be round-about.

But I would still say that Pench is manageable with a little bit of patience
same thing, was looking to avoid Nagpur.
Now, when I read your first line, I made up my mind to fight city traffic and go chindwara. But your last line has again left me confused. I'm more inclined on going thru Pench now.
Old 15th September 2019, 11:24   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Now, when I read your first line, I made up my mind to fight city traffic and go chindwara. But your last line has again left me confused. I'm more inclined on going thru Pench now.
Yes, avoid Nagpur city traffic, and take the bypass after Buti Bori. Till you reach the MP border from there, you have fantastic four-lane. Then a 10 km stretch where work is on for widening. Then again, you have four lane through Seoni bypass, Lakhnadon and Narsinghpur. This is what I had opted for.

Via Chindwara, instead, you struggle through Nagpur city traffic and drive through two-lane and miss the fast-pace four lane, except for 10 kms.

So, Nagpur bypass - Pench - Seoni is better.

I was only telling you that you don't have to touch Seoni if you are going via Chindwara. That was all.
Old 15th September 2019, 11:57   #289
BHPian

This answer solves it for me. Thanks a lot. I am more for taking the scenic route anyday.
Old 15th September 2019, 12:10   #290
BHPian

Quote:
For your reference, this is how that section in Pench looked at various points in June this year.

Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries-20190915_112839.jpg

Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries-20190618_155239.jpg

Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries-20190915_113007.jpg

Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries-20190618_162354.jpg

There is a short single carriageway section too where the work was not yet begun.

But, after you cross this place you have wonderful stretches like this too:

Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries-20190618_185017.jpg

This was after Lakhnadon but before Narsinghpur.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 21:55   #291
BHPian

Quote:

One of my dear friends drove from Bangalore to Gurgaon around the Independence Day last month. He took the Nagpur bypass- Seoni - Narsinghpur - Sagar route. He was very happy that he took this route, and not the Nagpur City - Chindwara route mainly because of the Nagpur City situation. He did the entire distance from Bangalore to Gurgaon in 2 days flat.
Krishnan V G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 22:43   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan V G View Post
He did the entire distance from Bangalore to Gurgaon in 2 days flat.
Where was his pitstop?
Old 16th September 2019, 00:55   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Where was his pitstop?

He left Bangalore on Day 1 very early in the morning (around 3 am) and reached Nagpur on the same day. Stayed in Nagpur for the night. Day 2, he again left Nagpur very early in the morning and reached Gurgaon by the night. He also had his regular driver with him who also drove. Between them they alternated the drive. I was definitely impressed with the fact that they were able to drive from Bangalore to Gurgaon in just two days.
Old 16th September 2019, 10:51   #294
BHPian

Yes completed the trip and reached Chd yesterday.

The inputs above were super useful, so thank you guys!

There's a rough patch of 25 odd KM around 60 KM before Seoni. It was a nightmare more so because we landed there post sunset. But we had already booked Rajwada Grand so no choice. Those headed to Sagar, please avoid this route and take Chindwara.

From Seoni till Jhansi it's a dream stretch of well laid highways and beautiful views. Things are not so great but manageable between Jhansi and Gwalior, but please try to hit Jhansi by 4 pm latest so you can do this during day time.

And yes, please be extra vigilant in MP/UP since there are just way too many cows on the road. Never knew the true extent of cattle menace till I saw it with my own eyes.

Post Agra is a breeze. Had to drop my friend at Akshardham so could not take the eastern peripheral expressway. Never exceeded speed limits between Agra and Chd, including Delhi where everyone seems to have turned civilized

My trusted 3rd Gen city faced no issues navigating the potholes.

Stay:
Both Grand Rajwada and Taj Vilas were excellent with clean rooms and a hassle free experience. Breakfast buffet at Taj Vilas definitely recommended (didn't avail in Rajwada so no idea)

Food:
Hotel Samayana Palace around 70-80 km from Hyderabad on the opposite side of the road. Arguably the best one on this stretch, absolutely delicious food and clean restaurant.

Hotel Mayur at Buti Bori. Food was ok otherwise but quite good for a pit stop. We made the mistake of ordering non veg, was too spicy for our liking.

Midway Treat on the opposite side somewhere before Sagar. Excellent food and facilties.

Hotel Cocina, just before Gwalior. Very good facilities and good food.

Please let me know if any specific info needed.

Quote:
Now, when I read your first line, I made up my mind to fight city traffic and go chindwara. But your last line has again left me confused I'm more inclined on going thru Pench now.
If you have an SUV and hit this stretch during day time, then probably not so much of a hassle. But since this came during the last leg so we were tired by this time, and honestly given a choice I would rather navigate some city traffic. To each his own !

Last edited by avisidhu : 16th September 2019 at 10:57.
avisidhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 14:39   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Yes completed the trip and reached Chd yesterday.

If you have an SUV and hit this stretch during day time, then probably not so much of a hassle. But since this came during the last leg so we were tired by this time, and honestly given a choice I would rather navigate some city traffic. To each his own !
That means, with rains, the section has deteriorated. I drove in this section just at a time when rains were to begin.

I had started from Hyderabad city (Tarnaka side) at 5.20 am, reached Nagpur at 1.05 pm, Mansar at 2.45, and Seoni at 5.10 pm. So, I could cross this Pench patch at around 4 pm. If attempted at night, I had thought at that time, it would be really difficult.
Old 17th September 2019, 12:31   #296
BHPian

Quote:

There's a rough patch of 25 odd KM around 60 KM before Seoni. It was a nightmare more so because we landed there post sunset. But we had already booked Rajwada Grand so no choice. Those headed to Sagar, please avoid this route and take Chindwara.
I drive a dzire zdi and I'll hit that area in the afternoon. Do you strongly advise against this route? I had made up my mind to bypass Nagpur and chindwara. I don't want to go into Nagpur unless I have to.
Old 17th September 2019, 12:33   #297
BHPian

Also, I used an online toll tax calculator for hyd-del section. It says around ₹2,000. Any pointers on which roads to take to avoid some part of it at least. But roads should be driveable.

PS: I'm totally willing to pay for good roads
Old 17th September 2019, 15:36   #298
BHPian

Quote:
I drive a dzire zdi and I'll hit that area in the afternoon. Do you strongly advise against this route? I had made up my mind to bypass Nagpur and chindwara. I don't want to go into Nagpur unless I have to.
I am not aware of how much of a hassle navigating Nagpur is, but this 25KM stretch with trucks bypassing you while you are slowly navigating the pot holes, will certainly be a tense affair and drain you mentally.

Like Vipin said, rains have made the patches even worse. Once you cross this hour and half long ordeal though, its smooth sailing till Sagar (I'm assuming you'll stay there)

Quote:
Also, I used an online toll tax calculator for hyd-del section. It says around ₹2,000. Any pointers on which roads to take to avoid some part of it at least. But roads should be driveable.
PS: I'm totally willing to pay for good roads
Don't think there are any alternate routes, what exactly is your destination? The highway till Jhansi is definitely worth the tolls and for such a long journey, sticking to tried and tested routes should be the best policy. Even the broken ones are known devils at least
avisidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 15:47   #299
BHPian

Quote:
I am not aware of how much of a hassle navigating Nagpur is, but this 25KM stretch with trucks bypassing you while you are slowly navigating the pot holes, will certainly be a tense affair and drain you mentally.

Like Vipin said, rains have made the patches even worse. Once you cross this hour and half long ordeal though, its smooth sailing till Sagar (I'm assuming you'll stay there)

Don't think there are any alternate routes, what exactly is your destination? The highway till Jhansi is definitely worth the tolls and for such a long journey, sticking to tried and tested routes should be the best policy. Even the broken ones are known devils at least
Yes, I've booked a homestay at Sagar. My destination is new Delhi and then onwards to Dehradun for some work. I'll take the Nagpur-chindwara route then. May be look at Pench while coming back.
Old 17th September 2019, 17:26   #300
BHPian

I could not find any place to stop between chindwara and Sagar. We need a neat place to rest a bit and re-energize.

Anybody can help with this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks