Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 12:40   #1
BHPian

Thane to Goa Drive via Shirdi

Hi Guys

Am planning to drive down to Goa from Mira Road, Thane to Goa on 22nd August for Ganesh Chaturthi. However am planning to hit Shirdi on the way.

I have a Indica Xeta and have travelled last year with my wife and kid;
went
Mumbai - Pune Express Way - Kolhapur - Nipani - Sawantwadi - Panaji
started at 6pm stopped at Satara at 12 midnight and then started at 8 am to reach by 4pm in Goa.
returned
Panaji - Goa - Mumbai Highway (which I personally think is a peach of a ride!!)
started at 5pm stopped at Ratnagiri at 2 am and started at 9 am reach Mira Road by 3 pm.

Must admit stopped in between and also dont like to drive very fast on these highways, plus its a Xeta 1.4, not too much of revving :(

Will leave at about 12 noon on 22nd Saturday and planning to stop over that night in Shirdi - go to the temple and then head out to Goa.

Just checked the distance from Mumbai to Shirdi is about 222 kms & from Shirdi to Goa, Panaji is 579 kms. Total 801 kms

Thats a lot of distance ... my worry is driving down to Goa from Shirdi as it is Ganesh Chaturthi... the distance will be pretty time consuming, since I have to head to Goa to Chaturthi, I might have to drop my plan of making it to Shirdi as it will be atleast 10-12 hours drive.

Do let me know what you guys think

Cheers
Old 27th July 2009, 12:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Route plan is entirely feasible, but it is not clear which route you are taking from Shirdi to Goa.

The direct route would be to come to Ahmednagar, Pune on SH60 and take NH4 all the way to Nippani and then turn off and go via Amboli. Other optons would be to connect via Ranjangaon and Baramati to NH4.

Going by your speeds, maybe you will have to break somewhere en route, which could be Kolhapur?
Old 27th July 2009, 17:53   #3
BHPian

Thanks hvkumar

Will keep you posted on the development

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks