Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2016, 17:12   #151
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Chikmagalur - Best Route & Road Status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
That was as expected. So you must enter Chikmagalur & then take the Kaimara - Lingadahalli option to reach your resort.

Going all the way to Tarikere via Kadur is useless in that case. So stick to the route from inside Chikmagalur town leading towards Kaimara & Lingadahalli.
Thanks. By entering Chikmagalur you must be meaning I should take the
MG Road right through the town, and cross over to the Kaimara Road, near
the Grand Krishna (incidentally our planned BF stop ) .
Old 9th September 2016, 17:30   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPVEN View Post
Thanks. By entering Chikmagalur you must be meaning I should take the
MG Road right through the town, and cross over to the Kaimara Road, near
the Grand Krishna (incidentally our planned BF stop ) .
You don't enter MG road as its a one way. You drive on a parallel road called IG Road.

So You actually enter Chikmagalur from Belur Road side, from Belur Bus Stop enter Naidu Street, Hit the IG Road, turn left and drive all the way on IG Road till you reach a T-Junction (crossing KSRTC Bus Stand on your left, a Traffic light, then a fork (Left goes to Muthodi) and small cross roads).

Grand Krishna is located close to this T-Junction that I referring to. The T-Junction is Ratnagiri Bore. Here is you take left it goes to Kaimara, Mullayanagiri/ Kemmannugundi/Lingadahalli.

Forget all this. Trust Googlemaps, it will take you through the same route anyway :-)

Have a safe and a fun filled drive!

When you drive back to Bangalore, that is when you have a choice or returning via MG Road as traffic moves that way. All you do is keep marching ahead from Ratnagiri Bore (T Junction where you turned left during onward for Lingadahalli).
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 15:55   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Ideally yes.

Absolutely yes. But you need not drive all the way till the end of Hassan Bypass. You cross 2 Major intersections (Mysore Road and Gorur Road) and after this turn right onto Huluvagilu Road and drive 600 meters crossing a Railway gate to reach Belur road.
Hi,

We will be starting off on Sat. Just thought of checking with you- Any good
eating joints for breakfast on the Nellamangala-Hassan route ? Chikmagalur will be too late, and we are planning to start from Blr by around 4.00 am.

Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 16:00   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

We will be starting off on Sat. Just thought of checking with you- Any good
eating joints for breakfast on the Nellamangala-Hassan route ? Chikmagalur will be too late, and we are planning to start from Blr by around 4.00 am.

Thanks
0400 AM means you better stop at Hassan and not before that. Swati at Kunigal or Mayura at Bellur cross start services only after 0630am.

You can bet on A2B at Udyapura as you will cross this around 0700am. If not this, your next best option is inside Hassan town only.
Old 6th October 2016, 16:11   #155
BHPian

Quote:
0400 AM means you better stop at Hassan and not before that. Swati at Kunigal or Mayura at Bellur cross start services only after 0630am.

You can bet on A2B at Udyapura as you will cross this around 0700am. If not this, your next best option is inside Hassan town only.
Thanks a ton !

If you go back to my initial query about bypassing Chikmagalur, I was a bit
confused by your suggestion, until I realised that you are referring to the
Kadur- Tarikere (NH 173) . However, I need to take the SH 57 to Kaimara. How do you suggest I navigate through Chikmagalur to reach this road please ?
Old 6th October 2016, 17:20   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However, I need to take the SH 57 to Kaimara. How do you suggest I navigate through Chikmagalur to reach this road please ?
Yes. Passing Chikmagalur town is the fastest and most viable option to reach Kaimara.

Landmarks you can refer and drive to Kaimara:

1. First thing on reaching Chikmagalur town is a Huge round about (oval)

2. Stay left of this roundocument about, pass the entire round about, you will spot Chikmagalur Post Office on your left

3. Turn left soon after passing this post office and reach a T Junction

4. At the T Junction you turn right (you are now on IG Road).

5. Pass Chikmagalur Bus Stand on left, followed by a traffic light after 300 meters and continue straight ignoring all forks, junctions and small round abouts till you reach a T Junction. Just before this T, you will notice "Town Canteen" and Canara Bank ATM on your right.

6. At this T-Junction you take left and you are on a road that leads to Kaimara from here

7. Kaimara will be around 10 kms from here and it's a junction. Left here will lead to Kemmanugundi, Mullayanagiri etc. Straight leads to Lingadahalli & Tarikere. If your destination is anywhere near or around Lingadahalli, you ought to continue straight from Kaimara Junction

Last edited by paragsachania : 6th October 2016 at 17:22.
Old 6th October 2016, 17:24   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Passing Chikmagalur town is the fastest and most viable option to reach Kaimara.
Thanks for your detailed indications ! I don't anticipate any problems now . Will post my feedback after the trip.

Thanks again, and regards !

Last edited by ampere : 6th October 2016 at 17:53. Reason: Reduced quoted post
SAPVEN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 15:06   #158
BHPian

I'am planning to ride to Chikmagalur from Bangalore on Fri morning(5'ish) and my current planned route is Bangalore- Hassan- Belur- Chikmagalur.
With my current route, my plan is to be in Chikamaglur by 11 in the morning.
Is this the best route in terms of riding pleasure? I wouldn't mind riding an extra hour if the route is scenic and engaging enough.
Old 13th October 2016, 14:45   #159
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Chikmagaluru last weekend (9th and 10th oct). Road conditions are as follows:
Bangalore-Hassan: NH 75 as always, Good.
The Hassan bypass-belur road link road via Thanniruholla has some huge potholes before the railway gate. This was repaired a few months ago, but is back to the old form now.

Hassan-Belur : The first 10 or so KMs is rough and is in need of a coat of asphalt. Rest of the route is a bliss. Took the diversion to Halebeedu at Hagare.
The Hagare-Halebidu stretch is excellent. Returned to Hagare via same route and proceeded to Belur. The Halebeedu-Belur direct route is not good as per locals.

Belur-Chikmagaluru: Good for the first few KMs, few rough patches then on. last 6 or so KMs are again good.

Returned via the same route.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 22:09   #160
BHPian

Bangalore - Chikmangalur Route/Accommodation Queries

Dear all,
I am planning my first visit to chikmangalur in the 1st week of November. Planning to leave from bangalore on 1st November morning and return date/ plan is not yet confirmed.

Accommodation is for 4 adults. Will be driving the Laura, so would like to know the road condition too.

Any help/guidance is appreciated.

Regards,
Suraj
Old 24th January 2017, 10:56   #161
Senior - BHPian

How is the condition of Tumkur -Arsikere - Kadur - Chikmagalur route?

Will be taking packed break fast from home. So was considering this route on 26th January morning.
Old 24th January 2017, 11:27   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been to chikmagalur last weekend and as usual enjoyed the drive thoroughly though I drove only during the onward journey. We took the hassan route and except for some annoying speedbreakers between Hassan and Belur the road is pretty good and in the stretch between belur and chikmagalur there is some work going on in patches so one should be careful when driving at night.

Onward journey took 4hrs from my house in Banashankari to CKM with a 30 min break in A2B. We left at 4Pm and reached at 810PM to my uncles house in CKM. Return journey was done by dad in 3.5hrs on a sunday morning while I had taken a bus for the return journey.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 19:10   #163
BHPian

Hello, May have to travel from Shimoga to Hassan. Wanted to try the route via Tarikere-Lingadahalli-chikmagalur-Hassan. This is just to have fun driving in ghat type roads and also to see the coffee blossoms.

Query is how is the route between Tarikere & Chikmagalur ? We want to try this if only the road is good, else stick to the boring route via Arsikere.

Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 21:49   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
Query is how is the route between Tarikere & Chikmagalur ? We want to try this if only the road is good, else stick to the boring route via Arsikere.
Thanks
Tarikere-Lingadahalli-Kaimara-Chikmagalur is good. Also an alternate to many who want to reach Tarikere directly from Chikmagalur by skipping Kadur-Birur.

It's a scenic route no doubt and will also pass through and small section with Tea estates and scenes likes these:

Bangalore to Chikmagalur - Best Route & Road Status?-img_1441.jpg

Last edited by paragsachania : 3rd March 2017 at 21:56.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 09:36   #165
BHPian

Thanks for your reply Parag. I have driven in this road way back in 2008. It is indeed very scenic.
But just wanted to know the conditions of this road at present.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks