Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2017, 19:13   #76
BHPian

Re: Cooking in the wilderness, what kind of stove?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Yes it can be refilled. Works just like a stove. Fill it shut it and pressurise it. I do not have any link as I bought it from Mountain Sports Academy shop based in Borivli. Search for their FB page and contact its owner Nandu Chavan. In case of no stock, there are similar ones available off aliexpress but then ordering it from aliexpress becomes a gamble.
Thanks, I didn't know that shop existed. I'll be sure to visit it soon! This looks like an awfully useful thing to own.
Old 8th March 2017, 16:53   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911er View Post

This is my car camping setup now.
Hi, this may be quite off the topic in the thread here but could you please elaborate some more pictures and more about that box like thing at the back of your thar. Looks lockable and the rear seats too please.

Regarding the Butane Canisters I dont have online links because they are easily available off the shelf here in Gangtok. The adventure tourism shops lined up in Tibet Road here all have a perennial supply throughout.
Old 8th March 2017, 17:57   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_MNC_SK View Post
Hi, this may be quite off the topic in the thread here but could you please elaborate some more pictures and more about that box like thing at the back of your thar. Looks lockable and the rear seats too please.

Regarding the Butane Canisters I dont have online links because they are easily available off the shelf here in Gangtok. The adventure tourism shops lined up in Tibet Road here all have a perennial supply throughout.
Hi,

Thanks. I did check online and found a couple of sellers on Amazon for the canisters. I've decided to buy a stove to replace my solid fuel one while camping.

About the storage unit, yes, it's lockable. It's a DIY project I did. I've made a thread about it here:. I've removed the rear seats as I use the area only for storage and sleeping.
911er is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 14:03   #79
BHPian

Can't we use the chotu 5 kg Indane cylinder ?
Old 15th October 2021, 14:39   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Can't we use the chotu 5 kg Indane cylinder ?
Carrying a cylinder in a car is always risky. It's better to use a Butane/ Propane gas burner with cartridge and use it freely and safely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks