Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 12:16   #1
BHPian

Route to T.Narasipura via Mysore

Hi Everyone,
I am driving to T.Narasipura this weekend in my Indigo CS LX. I am planning to take the Bangalore - Mysore - T.Narasipura route taking the Bannur road after entering Mysore (have some work in Mysore as well) and then taking the right turn at the junction at the end of Bannur road to hit NH 212.

I have got to know that there is a bridge on the way from Mysore to T.Narasipura which is currently under repair/construction & hence you need to take a diversion somewhere before that.

Does anyone on the community have some details about this diversion & the exact location where i would need to deviate.

I would appreciate if i can get some directions on this.

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!

Cheers.
Peets.
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:56   #2
BHPian

Bangalore to T Narasipura

I am planning to visit T Narasipura coming weekend. I will be travelling on my Indigo from Hulimavu, Bangalore.

I came across following suggestions on google maps. All these routes are new to me and only my wife will be accompanying me. So need your advise on the road condition of each route and which one is more advisable.

1) Hulimavu - Kanakapura - Malavalli - T Narasipura
This is the shortest route (130km) but I am not sure how is the stretch between Malavalli and T Narsipura.
I will be starting from my home at 10pm so not sure how safe this route is.

2) Hulimvau - Kengeri - Maddur - Malavalli - T Narsipura
15km more than the above route. Road till Maddur is the only advantage.

3) Hulimavu - Kengeri - Mysore - T Narsipura
This route is 50km more than the shortest route. Roads are good but I am not sure of the route within Mysore city.

As I will be travelling late in the night, I presume I will not get much help on the streets. Trying to configure GPS on my phone but not working. Will take it to a GPS expert today
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:19   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore to T Narasipura

Do you really need to start that late in the night?
You can start by 4AM from Bangalore would be there at T-Narasipura by 7AM max.

Kanakapura option (NH209) is the best according to me. The distance from Kollegal to T-Narasipura is just 25Km.
The road is not that great, but not that bad to drive either.

But again do you really need to drive at 10PM at night?
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Route to T.Narasipura via Mysore

@kadurRacer
Last week travelled in this route.
Banglore-Kanakpura-Kollegal very good roads.
Bad stretch 0f 4-5kms before Kollegal town but manageble.
Night driving maybe via the Mysore route will be better
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 16:02   #5
BHPian

Decided not to venture on that road in the night. Will travel in the morning, planning to start at 4:00AM as I need to reach within 6:30AM.

Will post the experience after coming back to Bangalore.
Old 4th October 2011, 23:10   #6
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to T Narasipura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Do you really need to start that late in the night?
You can start by 4AM from Bangalore would be there at T-Narasipura by 7AM max.

Kanakapura option (NH209) is the best according to me. The distance from Kollegal to T-Narasipura is just 25Km.
The road is not that great, but not that bad to drive either.

But again do you really need to drive at 10PM at night?
About 25 kms seems to be the road that you get at Kollegal town directing to T.Narsipura and the ones which local buses catering to many sorrounding villages take, right? I think continue on NH-209 for about 5 kms and then switch over to NH-212 just after Uttamballi village and this road should be in good condition. Will be between 30-35 kms on this route. I guess some Kollegal->Nanjangud buses take this route as well.

And I think whatever time your watch says, it is not advisable to take Mysore road from Sirsi circle to Kengeri for obvious reasons !

Last edited by ajithbr : 4th October 2011 at 23:13.
Old 14th October 2011, 13:34   #7
BHPian

Thanks for all your advises. I adjusted my office timings a bit and started early at 7:00pm in the evening and reached T Narsipur by 9:00pm. Yes, only two hours for 130kms.

Took Nice Road from Bannerghatta Road, exit at Kanakpura Road. Reached Kanakapura in 40 minutes, road is very good but be cautious while overtaking as this road is only two lane and lots of villages to pass through.

Kanakapura to Malavalli took another 40 minutes. Road is very good, absolutely no traffic. Took a left inside Malavalli, passed through the Malavalli Bus Stand and reached Bannur. At the enternece of Bannur (I heard this place is called Bannur Santemala, not sure), took a left which directly took us to T Narsipur.

Very good roads throughout, not even a single bad patch.
kadurRacer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2011, 16:25   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadurRacer View Post
Thanks for all your advises. I adjusted my office timings a bit and started early at 7:00pm in the evening and reached T Narsipur by 9:00pm. Yes, only two hours for 130kms.

Took Nice Road from Bannerghatta Road, exit at Kanakpura Road. Reached Kanakapura in 40 minutes, road is very good but be cautious while overtaking as this road is only two lane and lots of villages to pass through.

Kanakapura to Malavalli took another 40 minutes. Road is very good, absolutely no traffic. Took a left inside Malavalli, passed through the Malavalli Bus Stand and reached Bannur. At the enternece of Bannur (I heard this place is called Bannur Santemala, not sure), took a left which directly took us to T Narsipur.

Thanks for your report on the roads. I was also contemplating using this road for my upcoming trip to Mysore. ( have got fed up of driving on the main mysore road )
Old 15th October 2011, 10:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadurRacer View Post
Thanks for the info. Will try this route the next time I'm travelling to Wayanad. Malavalli-Bannur-T.Narsipur-Chamarajanagar is almost the same distance as Malavalli-Kollegal-Chamarajnagar, and this provides a way to avoid the bad roads around Kollegal as well as the narrow stretches around 4 or 5 villages between Kollegal and Yelandur.

Also there's another option of T.Narsipur-Nanjangud-Gundlupet which is again approx. the same distance, could be another alternative to Gundlupet.
Old 15th October 2011, 11:18   #10
Team-BHP Support

How is the Bannur-Mysore road (SH33) compared to NH212 in that region?
I remember reading somewhere that T-Narasipura Mysore section on NH212 is pathetic.

Can some one confirm?
Old 15th October 2011, 12:30   #11
BHPian

Quote:
I remember reading somewhere that T-Narasipura Mysore section on NH212 is pathetic.

Can some one confirm?
No no, this information is not correct. This is one of the smoothest stretch of 30 off kms. Infact KSRTC is routing Volvo buses going to Chamrajanagar via T.Narasipur, instead of Nanjangud. At times, the old bridge over river Kapila/Kabini becomes a bottle neck and/or gets jammed.

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2011, 17:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
No no, this information is not correct. This is one of the smoothest stretch of 30 off kms. Infact KSRTC is routing Volvo buses going to Chamrajanagar via T.Narasipur, instead of Nanjangud. At times, the old bridge over river Kapila/Kabini becomes a bottle neck and/or gets jammed.

Prasad
Any idea about the condition of the T.Narsipur-Nanjangud road ?
Old 15th October 2011, 19:35   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Any idea about the condition of the T.Narsipur-Nanjangud road ?
I traveled in this road about an year and found it to be decent. Single lane roads and very scenic paddy fields all around. Roads near Suttur suddenly become wider and better. Was definitely doable.

Prasad
Old 15th October 2011, 19:42   #14
Team-BHP Support

Also how is the Mandya Bannur road?

That way,one take some beating from traffic on the Mysore road, but gets to
have a food break. And using the Bannur option bypasses Mysore and directly
lands at Nanjagud.
Old 17th October 2011, 10:47   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Also how is the Mandya Bannur road?

That way,one take some beating from traffic on the Mysore road, but gets to
have a food break. And using the Bannur option bypasses Mysore and directly
lands at Nanjagud.
I am not aware of Mandya Bannur route, but I think instead of taking Mysore road till Mandya, you can take Maddur - Malavalli - Bannur route, which could be around 20km more but road is good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks