Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 09:27   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Guys,
I need some information regarding Mumbai-Brisbane route. I intend to travel by last week of March from Mumbai to Brisbane. Wanted to know
Any updates.
have you booked your tickets as yet?
Old 18th March 2010, 10:20   #197
Senior - BHPian

I have passed on the info provided by you to my travel desk team and they are yet to come back to me.
I have given the priority option of Qantas since its more or less a direct flight. Also it is a partner airline of Jet airways. The other option is take a Jet to Singapore and travel by Singapore Airline to Brisbane. Travel desk will come up with the ticketing solutions. Guess they are still working out the cheapest fare. Will keep you updated on that. Thanks
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:37   #198
BHPian

I have a itineary to travel to SFO, one is Emirates via Dubai, and the other is BA via Heathrow, both in Economy
Which is better Emirates or BA
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:14   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
I have a itineary to travel to SFO, one is Emirates via Dubai, and the other is BA via Heathrow, both in Economy
i would recommend emirates. You don't wait too long and food is much better by far! I have used both to SFO
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:16   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
i would recommend emirates. You don't wait too long and food is much better by far! I have used both to SFO
Thanks ajmat, shall go for EA then
Old 3rd April 2010, 00:23   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-e-ok View Post
In this case you have to resubmit your passport to get rid of ECR status. They will cross it with the pen. And will put another stamp saying ECNR. with the sign of officer of passport office. I had the same thing. I got it rectified. Just in case you want to see how it looks like i can attach pics as well.

Do I need to wait for my visa...or I can do it now?
Old 6th April 2010, 09:20   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Just an update. Flew Etihad this Dec/Jan and it was very good. I'd say they are still number 2 to Emirates, but with a little experience and refining, they will be equal to Emirates.

Regarding the food. My suggestion is to check out their many many options they have available(can see them on their website) and make sure to make your choice with the travel agent when you book your flight. You can also make this choice via the Etihad customer service number, but may as well get it out of the way when you book your flight.

The two best options they have(in my opinion) are the "Hindu non-veg" and the "Hindu Veg" meals. Basically all that means is Indian food.. And it was pretty decent I have to say. All their meals are Halal btw, regardless of what option you choose.

When you choose a food option before hand. You get your food about 30 minutes before everyone who did not "choose" a meal option before hand.

Other then food, the seats/space, TV/Movie entertainment system etc are all top notch for international economy standards.

I'd fly them again in a heartbeat.
I agree. I used both Emirates and Etihad last year, and had very pleasant experiences with both. As far as service and food is concerned, I feel both were equally good. The toilets were clean in both flights too! The only area where Etihad falls behind Emirates is the in flight entertainment - Emirates is definitely far better. Etihad is almost there though...

Also, has anyone tried these new low cost carriers such as Tiger Airways and Air Asia? I've heard Tiger Airways is offering return tickets to Perth - Australia for as low as Rs. 24,000.

Last edited by majorpayne : 6th April 2010 at 09:25.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:13   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
I will advice you to go via Emirates, good movies, better food as compared to BA, definitely better trained staff, also during return I found BA to be stuffed with a lot of our guys coming back with loads and loads of luggage. It feels like you are travelling in a local bus, I remeber having to keep my cabin bag alongside my seat while return from Heathrow as there was no space in the compartments above
Old 8th April 2010, 02:30   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaops View Post
I will advice you to go via Emirates, good movies, better food as compared to BA, definitely better trained staff, also during return I found BA to be stuffed with a lot of our guys coming back with loads and loads of luggage. It feels like you are travelling in a local bus, I remeber having to keep my cabin bag alongside my seat while return from Heathrow as there was no space in the compartments above
That's pretty much how every flight into India is, these days. Try Lufthansa, and the flight into Frankfurt is always pleasent. Then move over to the terminal for flights to India, and you feel like you've landed on the streets of any city in India. The rucus created, all the food on the floor and not to forget the complete mess of the place in general sure makes you want to fly back to where you came from!

Any updates on the BA strike that's been going on? My folks are supposed to fly BLR-IAH this weekend, and they'r not sure if their flight would be cancelled.
Old 8th April 2010, 09:03   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
That's pretty much how every flight into India is, these days. Try Lufthansa, and the flight into Frankfurt is always pleasent. Then move over to the terminal for flights to India, and you feel like you've landed on the streets of any city in India. The rucus created, all the food on the floor and not to forget the complete mess of the place in general sure makes you want to fly back to where you came from!
That's why I love it so much - It's like a party
Old 8th April 2010, 10:25   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post

Any updates on the BA strike that's been going on? My folks are supposed to fly BLR-IAH this weekend, and they'r not sure if their flight would be cancelled.
Hey i ultimately ended up traveling in BA due to non-availability of seats in EA. Nothing bout the strike they are functioning normally.
The experience was OK, BBY-Heathrow was good, we had loads of movie options and food was average. There was no place to put the bags had to keep it somewhere in the Business class compartment
The next leg was LHR to Dallas,was bad. I was bored to death since they had put some 10 channels with junk stuff and some really boring movies. for an 9+hr journey watchin the same video was
The food was average here too. The staff were nice in both the flights.
Old 11th April 2010, 21:24   #207
Senior - BHPian

i used to travel frequently to UAE Via Air India and Indian Airlines (there was no direct Emirates flight from Bangalore back then) . We always travel by Business class and we can clearly say that these airlines at the time (AI and Indian Airlines) do not really value the term Business class, the food was absolutely pathetic and the service was really poor.
I Had Reqested the stewardess to get me a Coke 15 mins after take off and she bought it 15 mins prior to landing(its close to a 3 hour journey).
Since Emirates has come into India we have never looked back at any other airlines for travel to UAE.

I remember a very funny incident that happened on an Indian Airlines flight. Generally IA Flights used to have rather older Female Cabin crew members before. My Dad and his friend were traveling Via IA.
He Sometimes consumes Liquor on flight. Then he noticed his friend did not ask for Liquor that day and he asked why. His friend replied the Stewardess looks older than my mother and found it awkward asking her for alcohol
Old 19th April 2010, 22:26   #208
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have any updated info on flights to and from Frankfurt? My mother-in-law was supposed to leave from Houston on Sunday, fly to Frankfurt and then onto BLR.With the situation this bad, I don't want to put her on a flight from here only to find that there are no flights to BLR from Frankfurt.
Any inputs here, please? Does anyone know if flights to BLR from Frankfurt have resumed?
Old 19th April 2010, 23:00   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Nitin, I highly doubt the flight will take off from Houston in the first place!
Old 20th April 2010, 00:30   #210
Senior - BHPian

Many sources have confirmed the same, and the flight is on schedule. Anyway, to be on the safer side I'd much rather wait until tomorrow and see what happens. Will get someone to check with the BLR airport/Lufthansa office and then decide.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks