Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 14:30   #361
BHPian

re: The Air Travel & Airports Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Normally you don't need a transit visa in LHR unless you have to change airports in London. There are at least three international airports in the vicinity. The option you may have is to look for flights that does not need an airport transfer and has connections from LHR itself (Heathrow).
We needed to apply for a transit visa en-route to Port - of - spain(Trinidad). Although it was not required during onward journey, it was during the return phase when we had to go out of immigration, collect our baggage and return back inside . And btw, our connecting flight was a BA to POS.
Old 20th June 2011, 14:46   #362
BHPian

Questions about Schengen Visa

Folks,

I have few questions reg Schengen Visa, please help:

I have a Schengen Visa and my destination is Paris.

1. While coming back from Paris, should i board the paris or can i board from any Schengen region ?

2. The Schengen Visa, I have now got it from French consulate, no next time when i visit any Schengen region, should i go through Paris ?

Thanks in Advance,
Rajesh
Old 20th June 2011, 15:14   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Questions about Schengen Visa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
1. While coming back from Paris, should i board the paris or can i board from any Schengen region ?
2. The Schengen Visa, I have now got it from French consulate, no next time when i visit any Schengen region, should i go through Paris ?
Thanks in Advance,
Rajesh
1. You can board from any Schengen states on your return.

2. If your visa is still on the next travel you need not apply for a fresh Visa. ( provided it is a multi entry visa)
If you need to apply for a new one you should apply for the Schengen Visa to the consulate of your destination.

Cheers!
Old 20th June 2011, 16:57   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
1. You can board from any Schengen states on your return.

2. If your visa is still on the next travel you need not apply for a fresh Visa. ( provided it is a multi entry visa)
If you need to apply for a new one you should apply for the Schengen Visa to the consulate of your destination.

Cheers!
Thank You Volkman: Maybe I was not clear about the 2nd question, lemme re-phrase it.

I have a multiple entry schengen visa which I got stamped from the French Embassy. First time am going to paris and coming back to India. Next time if I have to go to Madrid, should I get another Visa ?
Old 20th June 2011, 17:03   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a multiple entry schengen visa which I got stamped from the French Embassy. First time am going to paris and coming back to India. Next time if I have to go to Madrid, should I get another Visa ?

You should have no problem in going the next time with the port of entry being Madrid.

Cheers!
Old 20th June 2011, 18:24   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
You should have no problem in going the next time with the port of entry being Madrid.
Cheers!
That answers my question .Thank You again.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 27th June 2011, 12:03   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can exit Schengen zone from any member country.

Quote:
Your first entry point should be the country that issued the visa. The subsequent entry points can be anywhere within the Schengen zone.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 16:59   #368
MCR
BHPian

I am booked on China Southern airlines for a travel to China. Has anyone here travelled on this airline? How is the service, can the flight attendants speak english? I read somewhere that China Southern is equivalent of Air India.
The funniest part is, I have asked for a pure vegetarian meal and the ticket shows that the meal choice is confirmed. Lets see what the Chinese dish out.
Old 6th July 2011, 20:38   #369
Team-BHP Support

I have travelled on intenral chinese flights. They speak english and service is good. Not Jet or Kingfisher level but reasonable. The veg meal will be ordered at the back end and they will identify you and serve you first.
Old 6th July 2011, 21:41   #370
BHPian

Frankfurt - Doha - Chennai by Qatar airways. Anyone already have experience flying this route? I have flown earlier with Emirates, Lufthansa but this will be my first time with Qatar airways and my first time in Doha. I would like to know how comfortable can the travel be in this route.

Frankfurt to Doha will be a Boeing 777 and Doha to Chennai will be a Airbus 330-200.

On the way in Doha, I would like to shop for some stuff and what can I expect there? Earlier when I went through Dubai, I used to purchase electronics and cigar cartons. Likewise what can I expect in Doha?
Old 7th July 2011, 11:01   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980
Frankfurt - Doha - Chennai by Qatar airways. Anyone already have experience flying this route? I have flown earlier with Emirates, Lufthansa but this will be my first time with Qatar airways and my first time in Doha. I would like to know how comfortable can the travel be in this route.

Frankfurt to Doha will be a Boeing 777 and Doha to Chennai will be a Airbus 330-200.

On the way in Doha, I would like to shop for some stuff and what can I expect there? Earlier when I went through Dubai, I used to purchase electronics and cigar cartons. Likewise what can I expect in Doha?
I hv a few friends who did Houston - Doha - hyd a few times and they are fond of the airline and rate it very high. Also overall Qatar airline has good service and staff. I hope you should enjoy your trip.

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 7th July 2011 at 11:03.
Old 10th July 2011, 12:11   #372
BHPian

Thanks for the reply. I have another question. The transit time to my connecting flight (both onward and return) is a meager 1 and a half hours. Is this time enough to reach the boarding gate of my connecting flight considering the fact that the onward journey will be around 7 in the evening and the return will be around 7 in the morning? Is this considered to be a peak hour with lots of traffic?

As the time is short I also do not wish to do any shopping.
Old 10th July 2011, 12:48   #373
Senior - BHPian

Hello Joe - My experience with Qatar has been excellent and its now my primary choice of airlines whereever possible. The service is very good, their in-flight entertainment system is one of the best i have experienced so far.

As far as your connection is concerned, you have no reason to worry - Since Doha airport is relatively small compared to frankfurt/LHR and transit time of 90 minutes will be more than enough. It doesnt take more than 60 minutes for you to finish the security formalities and be ready at the boarding gate. They are also well aware that the connections are tightly scheduled and if needed they give prioritize the security checks/other formalities as appropriate. Have a safe and pleasent journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I have another question. The transit time to my connecting flight (both onward and return) is a meager 1 and a half hours. Is this time enough to reach the boarding gate of my connecting flight considering the fact that the onward journey will be around 7 in the evening and the return will be around 7 in the morning? Is this considered to be a peak hour with lots of traffic?

As the time is short I also do not wish to do any shopping.
Old 21st July 2011, 09:52   #374
Senior - BHPian

I will be travelling on Mumbai-London sector on Saturday by Kingfisher Airlines and would like to know if there would be any issues if I carry medicines for my friend working in UK. Should I be carrying the prescription too or some authorization letter or something related. Kindly advise.
Old 21st July 2011, 11:15   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I will be travelling on Mumbai-London sector on Saturday by Kingfisher Airlines and would like to know if there would be any issues if I carry medicines for my friend working in UK. Should I be carrying the prescription too or some authorization letter or something related. Kindly advise.
Look up the UK immigration/plant quarantine/customs pages. If they allow it, take it.

Don't be a hero on behalf of your friend and get butchered.
Customs Instructions-2009-CBEC is an example. think first.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks