Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2012, 17:39   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Air Travel & Airports Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I'm pretty sure you skip the interview only if you are renewing before your visa expires. As soon as it expires, you need to go for another interview.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Yup. Also keep in mind that your initial visa was before 9/11. Getting a visa became a lot more difficult post that. So, yes, you will need to go for visa interview. And please prepare well for it. They will not cut you any slack only because you've been to the US before.
Thanks guys. Well I really need to kick myself in the *** for not applying for a renewal earlier this year. The current 10 year visa was given to me in 2002 i.e. post 9/11. Well lets hope everything goes smooth and I get one again.
Old 7th July 2012, 18:47   #452
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, do we have any direct flight from Mumbai (or India) to Birmingham, UK?
Old 7th July 2012, 19:19   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Guys I had a multiple entry 10 year visa for the USA which expired this may. Initially they gave me a 6 month visa back in 1998 and then made it into a 10 year one on applying again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The current 10 year visa was given to me in 2002 i.e. post 9/11. Well lets hope everything goes smooth and I get one again.
From your first post, i thought your 6 month visa issued in 1998 was extended to a ten year visa before it expired. Hence the confusion.
Did you have to go for interview for the 10 year visa?
Old 7th July 2012, 21:25   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj

From your first post, i thought your 6 month visa issued in 1998 was extended to a ten year visa before it expired. Hence the confusion.
I think he is referring to the regular Business/Tourist (B1/B2) visa. Yes one needs to go to the consulate for this visa.
Sometime ago there was an announcement that folks who have been 10 printed in last x years won't have to appear in person but I am not sure if they have implemented that or not.

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th July 2012 at 21:26.
Old 8th July 2012, 04:29   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Yup I applied for it after expiry and went for an interview again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I think he is referring to the regular Business/Tourist (B1/B2) visa. Yes one needs to go to the consulate for this visa.
Sometime ago there was an announcement that folks who have been 10 printed in last x years won't have to appear in person but I am not sure if they have implemented that or not.
Its indeed the B1/B2 visa. And as you rightly said there is some confusion regarding the interview since a lot of people are of the opinion that you dont need to appear for one now.
Old 8th July 2012, 06:17   #456
BHPian

Guys how long does a UK Visitor Visa for 6 months take for processing?

I submitted mine on 26th June, and is under processing since 27th June with the Consulate.
Since then there has been no update :(

Their average SLA was 10 days (I have had a UK Visa before in '06)
Old 9th July 2012, 20:15   #457
BHPian

New Delhi airport check-in.

Would be arriving at Delhi on 17th evening from Incheon, Korea.

Next flight is for Pune on 18th Morning 0500 on AirIndia. The e-ticket is showing arrival terminal T3 and AI departure also showing from T3. Are both the same terminals or do i need to change to some domestic terminal?

I have priority pass for spending time at lounge. but same would be on airside. not sure when check in would commence. worried if i have to spend night awkward. any pointers? what time is the first flight domestic flight from delhi?

rgds.
Old 10th July 2012, 12:59   #458
BHPian

Guys, One more question. We have submitted all our docs/passport to VFS guys for France Schengen Visa. We have an interview in the Consulate since we are applying for the first time.
What should be expect out of interview? What kind of questions should we be prepared for? Anything we should remember to carry apart from the "originals"? Any experiences from members here?
Old 10th July 2012, 13:07   #459
BHPian

Yes both terminals are the same. Domestic carriers do use T-3 and since I do use Air India I can assure you it is the same terminal. Air India flights domestic or International operate from T-3

T-3 has hotels within the airport terminal which are built and operated by GMR who handle the airport. You can try to get a room there if its affordable. You don't need to step out of the airport for this

There are a few VFM hotels at Mahipalpur 3-4 kms from the airport. You can get a room here but I would suggest sticking to the rooms offered within the airport.

Lots to do at the T-3 and unlike Indian airports lots to eat too suiting all pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor
Would be arriving at Delhi on 17th evening from Incheon, Korea.

Next flight is for Pune on 18th Morning 0500 on AirIndia. The e-ticket is showing arrival terminal T3 and AI departure also showing from T3. Are both the same terminals or do i need to change to some domestic terminal?

I have priority pass for spending time at lounge. but same would be on airside. not sure when check in would commence. worried if i have to spend night awkward. any pointers? what time is the first flight domestic flight from delhi?

rgds.
Old 10th July 2012, 13:13   #460
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post

I submitted mine on 26th June, and is under processing since 27th June with the Consulate.

Well since mine had expired, when I was renewing it I got it back after 2 weeks and a few days. It took so long I had to cancel my UK trip since I was expecting the Visa much faster. The better option is to pay the 5k extra and fast track it.
Old 10th July 2012, 13:18   #461
BHPian

Quote:

Please note, the Visitor visa normally takes 10 working days. However, due to London Olympics, UK Embassy (and UK Home Office) is swamped with Visa applications. And it's simply not possible to get it in that timeframe. You should be looking at around 20-30 working days to get the visa at least. Please plan your travel accordingly.
Old 10th July 2012, 13:18   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
What should be expect out of interview? What kind of questions should we be prepared for? Anything we should remember to carry apart from the "originals"? Any experiences from members here?
Normally no originals are asked for. The process is very simple and the passort with the Visa would be ready in the evening (if the interview is in the morning) or the next day.

Cheers!
Old 10th July 2012, 15:12   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Guys, One more question. We have submitted all our docs/passport to VFS guys for France Schengen Visa. We have an interview in the Consulate since we are applying for the first time.
Questions are based on how strong your financial papers are (either yours or your company sponsoring you) if on a business visit. During my interview, only one question asked "Purpose of visit".

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Normally no originals are asked for. The process is very simple and the passort with the Visa would be ready in the evening (if the interview is in the morning) or the next day.

Cheers!
If they accept your application bio matrix is done on the spot and passport along with the visa is handed over immediately.
Old 12th July 2012, 15:11   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Didja get yours?
My application went out on the 27th, and i received it yesterday.
10 minutes later i had applied for a schengen, belgium, and hopefully I should get it tomorrow morning.
If I do, the continent shall be visited(insert evil laugh??).
if not, then pain shall follow from the home front..... :(
Old 12th July 2012, 17:55   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

First time in my life, missed an international flight.

Instead of London-Toronto. I went via. Halifax into Toronto and almost missed that flight as well, talk about cascading effect.

It was a day of panic, drama and outbursts

London airport and its people are reason for missing my flight. Anyone travelling via. LHR ensure you have a minimum of 3 hours for transit.

Btw, Dont ever travel by Air Canada as they are the worst airlines in the world from my experience.

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th July 2012 at 19:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks