Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2010, 19:48   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I would recommend Emirates if you are flying westwards. Singapore Air is the best if going east. Both has wonderful planes and amazing airports. I am traveling this weekend to the Big Apple by Emirates.
Sorry for the dealy in reply, I am banking on Emirates itself. Still looking for oprions.
Old 16th June 2010, 21:35   #257
BHPian

Query: For tourist visa, does the applicant requires to and fro tickets at the time of departure from India ? Is the return ticket checked at Indian immigration center. ?

2ndly - If the "coming back" date is not clear, we can book an open ticket. At present Air-india and Kingfisher are offering open tickets. Anyone has any experience on the same ?/
Old 6th July 2010, 17:35   #258
BHPian

Read this last week in a newspaper. Ryanair, a low cost carrier in Europe is going to replace the last 10 rows of seats with 15 rows of vertical seats. Yes, you read it right passengers will now be flying standing up. These tickets will be priced at 50 pounds and if that is not enough, they will be chareged 5 pounds for using the loo. How's that for service?
Old 7th July 2010, 09:41   #259
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
Read this last week in a newspaper. Ryanair, a low cost carrier in Europe is going to replace the last 10 rows of seats with 15 rows of vertical seats. Yes, you read it right passengers will now be flying standing up. These tickets will be priced at 50 pounds and if that is not enough, they will be chareged 5 pounds for using the loo. How's that for service?
I don't think the standing tickets will be priced at 50 pounds.

RyanAir is a low cost airline. Their regular sitting tickets can be as cheap as 10 pounds. Their standing seats will be cheaper than the sitting seats. And the report I read about the loo charges indicated 1 pound as the charge.

Ryanair charges for airport checkins. Their online checkin where you print out your own boarding pass is free. They charge for any food & drink during the flight (like deccan air etc charge). They charge for checkin baggage. It's not a bad idea - in any of other non-discount airlines, the people who do not have any checkin baggage subsidize the free checkin baggage provided to others.

Ryanair is a very successful airline because they have eliminated a lot of costs. People are ready to forego service for saving money.

Other than that, not every shocking announcement Ryanair makes is true. They make a lot of shocking announcements purely for publicity & free advertising. Many a times, they don't carry through with what they announce.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:23   #260
Senior - BHPian

Need help from frequent US travelers.

I travel quite a lot as part of my job. This incident happened in my recent business trip to US. I got the I-94 form authorized for 90 days at the point of entry as usual. Typically, this form, which is attached to the passport is taken back by immigration authorities when we leave US. However this time when I started back from JFK, the immigration folks seem to have missed to take it. I did not realize it until I reached India and was checking my passport.

Has any one of you experienced this situation? In the form, it is clearly mentioned that I am supposed to hand it over to immigration authorities, when I leave the country, or I may face issues when I visit US again. Any information on this?
Old 8th July 2010, 15:26   #261
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Oh boy. You need to turn this in before moving out. This ensures that you left the country on time before your I94 expired.
This is not something any one would have experienced. Guess it's time you hit the USCIS helpline.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:52   #262
BHPian

Hope this helps, googled it...

Excerpt:
"If you failed to turn in your I-94 Departure Record, please send it, along with any documentation that proves you left the United States to:
DHS - CBP SBU
1084 South Laurel Road
London, KY 40744
Do not mail your Form I-94 Departure Record or supporting information to any U.S. Consulate or Embassy, to any other CBP Office in the United States, or to any address other than the one above. Only at this location are we able to make the necessary corrections to CBP records to prevent inconvenience to you in the future. The London, Kentucky office does not answer correspondence, so please do not ask for confirmation that your record has been updated."

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/752

Last edited by anandtheleo : 8th July 2010 at 17:00.
Old 8th July 2010, 19:50   #263

Good News
Aviation minister Prafull Patel announces direct flight from London to Ahmedabd.What a relief! One had to spend atlest 4/5 hours at Mumbai airporteach way on this route.
The new Internatinal Airport in Ahmedabad will also open for passengers in August.
This Air-India flight will start in October. HOOOOOray!
Old 8th July 2010, 20:42   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Need help from frequent US travelers.

I travel quite a lot as part of my job. This incident happened in my recent business trip to US. I got the I-94 form authorized for 90 days at the point of entry as usual. Typically, this form, which is attached to the passport is taken back by immigration authorities when we leave US. However this time when I started back from JFK, the immigration folks seem to have missed to take it. I did not realize it until I reached India and was checking my passport.

Has any one of you experienced this situation? In the form, it is clearly mentioned that I am supposed to hand it over to immigration authorities, when I leave the country, or I may face issues when I visit US again. Any information on this?
When i visited October last year this had happened to me. I think it is because we dont go through passport control while departing from the US. So when I went back in April this year i handed it over to the Official in passport control when i landed.
Old 9th July 2010, 11:03   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Its not the immigration authorities, but the airline's responsibility to take the I94 and submit it to homeland security.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Hope this helps, googled it...

Excerpt:
"If you failed to turn in your I-94 Departure Record, please send it, along with any documentation that proves you left the United States to:
DHS - CBP SBU
1084 South Laurel Road
London, KY 40744

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/752

Very correct. Just to add..

You must include with proof of departure. Suggested proof includes the arrival stamp in one's passport and the boarding pass from the flight. Always keep the copies of any documents submitted. The authorities warns that, without proof of the departure, there is no guarantee that the information will be entered into their system. This is logical, since otherwise, people could send the documentation and claim departure on a different date.

source: path2usa.com
Old 9th July 2010, 14:08   #266
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

any news/feedback about the new Terminal at Delhi airport i.e. T3 ?

Are all flights using T2 been moved to T3 or else ??
Old 9th July 2010, 14:56   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Guys,

any news/feedback about the new Terminal at Delhi airport i.e. T3 ?

Are all flights using T2 been moved to T3 or else ??
Well, T3 has been inaugurated but it is not yet funcional ... you can keep track at Welcome to Official Website of Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport - 4th Best Airport & 5th Largest Airport in World - Delhi Airport, New Delhi Airport, Visit Delhi, New Delhi Travel
Old 9th July 2010, 23:33   #268
Senior - BHPian

I am a frequent spicejetter. I had problems of collecting check in baggage in Chennai. Not once most of the time in SG 324. Once it took more than one hour to put the luggage in Belt. So I missed the train to Madurai.Second time they informed the luggage will be delivered in Belt No 8 after a long wait of an hour it was announced in Belt 5. The ground staff in Chennai for spicejet are hopeless.Even to day I went to receive my guest and the same flight was landed at 7.20 PM but they picked up the luggage around 8.50. It is really irritating and the airport looks like a Vegetable or fish market when ever spice jet delay luggage. Passengers shout like any thing.Please improve.
Old 10th July 2010, 10:08   #269
Senior - BHPian

Reviews on Kuwait Airlines please ?
Old 10th July 2010, 11:11   #270
Senior - BHPian

Sunny bhai,

wait for 28th July for the full shift of intl airlines.
if u're arriving on 14/15th - u can choose to join the proving flights and experience the new terminal - http://www.newdelhiairport.in/filedo...s.pdf&type=pdf

@NC: I flew KWI-CAI last year.
a. OLD planes for India. unsurprising given their clientele from delhi was 95% illiterate labor.
b. SAFE planes and safer pilots. Much less flare and very nice touchdowns. Even though the plane was old, the comfort was top class. Seats are comfortable (not smaller newer ones)
c. Crappy food. Seriously so. Atleast for vegetarians. If your folks are veggie then please ensure AVML well in advance. Their transit snack at KWI was better Or maybe Jet/KF have spoiled me!

They packed only 5 veg meals in a 220 strong flight out of delhi. After much hullabulloo, veg meal from business class was arranged. But honestly, having seen Jet airways' catering - its just plain simple okay okay food. Good enough to survive - nothing more.
d. Quick hub operations - its a small airport and have connected in around 20 minutes - like walk across to the next gate
e. Crappy service in India. Their staff knows india flights are punishment flights and treats you accordingly. The men are indifferent, the 1-2 women attendants snooty, and the old purser deferntial but not much help. However, the KWI-CAI leg was fantastic both ways with great service.
f. Crappy onboard entertainment.
Indian leg - no personalized option - except the antique aisle TVs which had some random crap.
Egypt leg - personal TV, but the selection was frankly mediocre.

See, if you're on a budget then its a great airline to fly. Think of it as an ultra safe low cost airline and the food as a bonus. Its safety record is impeccable and that matters to me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks