Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 09:20   #316
Team-BHP Support

You are correct. My flight was on 5-Nov.
Old 19th November 2010, 14:16   #317
Senior - BHPian

Had heard a lot of good things about Jet's international flights.

But I came back on one from Brussels to Mumbai this Saturday and the flight was a full 50+ minutes late for departure. I wonder what people with slim margins for onward domestic/international connections did.

Inflight service, however, was good.
Old 19th November 2010, 14:38   #318
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

But I came back on one from Brussels to Mumbai this Saturday and the flight was a full 50+ minutes late for departure. I wonder what people with slim margins for onward domestic/international connections did.

i travelled to SFO via JEt and it was comfortable except for getting locked up in Shanghai for 90 min, flight is withdrawn now. With the congestion in Mumbai, you need to give plenty of time however, Mumbai international terminal is ugh at least 3 years ago, dont know now
Old 19th November 2010, 16:40   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

"Jet Airways" seems to have solid loyal patrons and it is always talked about as the leading airline of India.

I have been very carefully following their "on time" record and find them to be the worst of all airlines in India.

My methodology of concluding : Stand in front of the arrival and departures boards at an airport and count the delays. Maximum name against delays will invariably be Jet Airways. The delay will be on the average around 45 minutes.

I do fly them whenever they offer the cheapest fare on a particular sector because I strongly believe in spending least amount of my own money.
Old 20th November 2010, 09:58   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Imran, you would have travelled between 01-Nov and 08-Nov, ex Hyderabad. That is why no one asked you to pay. The 100/- increase in UDF at Hyderabad is effective 08-Nov. And not 01-Nov as was reported in the press. I guess the increase is actually 105/- and not 100/- but not sure. Another thing, if you purchased the ticket after the increase was announced, there is a chance that your ticket includes the higher UDF.
The increase in UDF at Hyderabad Airport is exact 100/-.

Copying from IndiGo website:
Effective 8th November 2010, the User Development Fee (UDF) for passengers departing from Hyderabad will Rs. 475 per passenger instead of Rs. 375 charged earlier. Passengers who have paid UDF of Rs. 375 at the time of booking will have to pay the additional Rs. 100 directly to GHIAL before departure.
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:47   #321
BHPian

I had been to UK for a visit in Aug-Sept. Nobody stamped the exit on my passport when I left London. It was my first trip abroad. Would it be a problem?

From London, I went to Dubai and then India. I have both entry and exits stamped on my passport at the Dubai airport.
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:12   #322
BHPian

UK does'nt have any exit stamp or immigration when leaving the country.

Not to worry !!
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:25   #323
BHPian

Thank you ecclipse78. That sets to rest a nagging doubt.
Old 26th November 2010, 22:46   #324
BHPian

I suddenly see jet getting a lot of bashing. True Jet is delayed quite a lot. It is also an expensive airline. Typically you will find them lil stingy about offering booze on-board. Once i was travelling with a colleague who asked for some wine and wasn't served for an hour thereafter. When enquire, he was told that they are yet to open wine bottle. However when he called for chief stewardess and demanded a comaplint register (not feedback form) everything worked at double the pace of flight itslef. I think we as customers have to be too demanding and insistent to get quality service. However one good thing is at least the crew is afraind of official complaints. I don't think obnoxious crew of european airlines that i have flown so far BA, AirFrance, Alitalia, KLm, Lithuanian etc doesn't give a damn for any such threats. If you really nned an experience of flying no one today can beat asian origin airlines.
Old 30th November 2010, 08:46   #325
BHPian

I fly to London about twice a year, same to Singapore. I always use Jet because i have found that they are the best. Everytime i hope that some other airline is cheaper or gives some better incentive so that i can try them but Jet always seems to be the best balance. the small price difference is nullified by loyalty points and service is great. i have never experienced delays on Jet except once for a technial snag, but then i would rather be delayed and fly in a safe plane. Jet is my fav!
Old 30th November 2010, 10:00   #326
BHPian

I usually fly Singapore airlines for my trips to the far east, but the last time I took Jet to HK and its much better overall. SG is always on time so thats been a plus through out. But Jet has better food and better entertainment overall. The seats both in Business class and economy are also better in Jet.

Locally I prefer Kingfisher. First it was because they had better hostess's...
Old 11th December 2010, 08:39   #327
BHPian

re: The Air Travel & Airports Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@all from mumbai/maharashtra,

Air Asia is running promotional fare for mumbai-kualalumpur sector for booking on 15/16/17 th nov for travel for 1st july 2011 onwards.
Fares are as low as rs 2641 return,
yes, you read it correctly, rs two thousand six hundred forty one only for return with all taxes and airport charges at mum and kul ,
You have to pay additional charges for luggage i.e. rs 450, means, you have return ticket for kul at rs 3541.

Guys who are interested can get benefit.

Disclaimer: i am no way promoting Air Asia but posting the low fare so that you can have a trip at this peanut cost.
Sad news.

Sorry to disappoint all those (me included) that Air Asia is withdrawing from KUL-HYD sector thus depriving me and many others an opportunity to visit Malaysia.

Their flight is running at 20% occupancy while Malaysian Airlines is running with nearly 100% occupancy. I guess, savings of a few thousands is not enough to attract customers.

I understand that the last flight will be in January 2011.

Source : Rumours on board the Air Asia flight.
Old 11th December 2010, 09:40   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Air Asia is withdrawing from KUL-HYD sector thus depriving me and many others an opportunity to visit Malaysia.

As per news, Air Asia is withdrawing for trv and hyd and will add other destination such as Madurai, Pune and Ahmadabad.

Highest UDF in India at Hyd may be the culprit for LCC to withdraw service.

Air Asia Thai may start service to Bankok from destinations in India and i am sure that Bankok service will be hit in Indian aviation market.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 11th December 2010 at 09:42.
Old 14th December 2010, 06:20   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Imran, you would have travelled between 01-Nov and 08-Nov, ex Hyderabad ... that is why no one asked you to pay ... the 100/- increase in UDF at Hyderabad is effective 08-Nov ... and not 01-Nov as was reported in the press ... I guess the increase is actually 105/- and not 100/- but not sure ... Another thing, if you purchased the ticket after the increase was announced, there is a chance that your ticket includes the higher UDF ...
I paid Rs 875 as UDF on Dec 11th though my ticket was purchased on November 24th.

This is atrocious! Since my travel is official, I am not feeling the pinch.

As someone posted, one cannot check in without the UDF receipt. There is also an additional check at the immigration counter.
Old 5th January 2011, 08:35   #330
Senior - BHPian

Folks and regular travellors,
I will be travelling Emirates from US to Kol via Dubai end of this month.
How is the experience overall?
Is there any Do/Donts in Dubai airport (T3) during intransit compared to other US/EU airports. Earlier I have travelled through FRA 4 times before and had a wonderful exp there.

Abhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks