Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 23:32   #1
BHPian

good restaurants on the way to hubli

hi teambhpians

im starting on aug 25 5am morning on my way to a 7 day odyssey.

the route is mumbai-hubli-jogfalls-murudeshwar-kollur-sringeri-udupi-and back to mumbai

my query is about good halts at restaurants/plazas/ on the way where i wont have to leave nh4 to cut down on time.

although i have traversed upto kolhapur but i rarely stop except at the second food mall having subway ccd and bt outelt at bp pump on mumbai pune expressway.

im interested in knowing where i will get good food with clean facilities especially on nh4 at kolhapur/belgaum/

all suggestions are welcome as i may require some stops on my return journey as well close to pune.

how is hotel milan and sanman deluxe at belgaum for lunch they are of the same chain as ramdev international is.how is food at ramdev international.
any good dhabas on the way wd be welcome suggestions.

regards

pravdr
Old 22nd August 2009, 01:02   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

IIRC there is a McD at Kolhapur. There use to be plenty of amazing dhabas on this route before the GQ started. Now most of them are non existent. Kamat hotel opposite to Old Bus Stand is pretty decent. Hubli is mostly famous for Jolad Rotti with Pategaar Saar. Make sure you buy some yummy Dharwad Mishra Peda's from a Mishra Pedha store only. There is one right opposite to the Telephone Exchange opposite to the railway station. You get some very good ghati's there too. Also try out their girmit (puffed rice) & mirchi's. Hubli is very famous for pedhas, girmit & mirchi.

Once you cross Dharwad, you get a lake to your right hand side called Unkal lake. This is where the Tata showroom is to your right, Honda, Maruti showrooms are to your left. Once you cross the Maruti showroom, the road turns right. There is a Mahindra showroom next to a petrol bunk. Just go a little ahead, stop at the first small lane you find to your left. Go to the corner house and order for girmit & mirchi. You won't regret it .
Old 22nd August 2009, 01:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow ^^ thats tooo much info for him to digest , mclaren. I have tried all of them ,all of them are yummy . .
Old 22nd August 2009, 10:43   #4
BHPian

how is hotel milan and sanman deluxe at belgaum for lunch they are of the same chain as ramdev international is.how is food at ramdev international.

regards

pravdr[/quote]

I presume that you are a pure veg, Sanman is much better than the other too.
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

The best place to have lunch in Belgaum is Hotel Sankam Residency.
It is 100 metres inside the highway (to the right), under the flyover, where the road goes into Belgaum city.
Excellent food, good parking, clean toilets, no detours.
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:05   #6
BHPian

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHIR.KITTUR View Post

regards

pravdr

I presume that you are a pure veg, Sanman is much better than the other too.[/quote]

thanks!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks