Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2013, 17:54   #31
BHPian

Re: Any good eatout between Mysore-Madikeri?

Thanks All. What lunch options do we have near Tala Cauvery/Bhagamandala area. We will mostly spend 1/2 day in that route covering those areas
Old 11th November 2013, 11:50   #32
BHPian

Just back from a trip to Coorg:

Will add the following food options:

1. Madikeri - Raintree - this is an old house in which Gandhiji stayed when he visited Madikeri. It is converted in to a restaurant. Ambience is very good, food is also very good.
2. Madikeri - Hotel Athiti (for vegetarians, it is a pure veg restaurant).
3. Maddur - Maddur Tiffanys. We were served fresh hot Maddur vadas which are very very tasty.
Old 18th August 2014, 08:43   #33
BHPian

Bumping up this thread.

Looking for the latest on good eateries around Madikeri. We generally tend to have our breakfast there on our frequent trips to Kerala. However yet to find consistent quality in any of the restaurants.

Any pointers appreciated, thanks.
Old 18th August 2014, 08:56   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Bumping up this thread.
Exactly in Madikeri, I dont know. There is a CCD at Periyapatna and Hunsur bypass has Cafe Coorg. The other one I can suggest is Kalyani on the Mysore ORR (though in Mysore but on the way). You dont need to stop on the Mysore road at least for food.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 09:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Looking for the latest on good eateries around Madikeri. We generally tend to have our breakfast there on our frequent trips to Kerala. However yet to find consistent quality in any of the restaurants.

Any pointers appreciated, thanks.
Not sure about breakfast joints, but for authentic Coorgi non-veg items, Coorg Cuisine restaurant (a non-descript joint on the 1st floor of a building opp the Post office) is excellent. Not a very fancy place and service can be quite slow at times - but the food is really good.

For breakfast Athithi (Veg) seems to be the most recommended - and may be East End as well ?
kala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 09:40   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a resort and not an eating joint, but it is located on the Mysore-Madikeri highway near Kushalnagar. Might be of interest to people heading to Kerala who need a halt. I stayed there overnight once. It was good, a bit on the expensive side. Not sure if their restaurants serve food if you are not a guest staying with them. The main attraction is it is a bit high-end and bang on the highway.
Old 18th August 2014, 09:48   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Not sure about breakfast joints, but for authentic Coorgi non-veg items, Coorg Cuisine restaurant (a non-descript joint on the 1st floor of a building opp the Post office) is excellent. Not a very fancy place and service can be quite slow at times - but the food is really good.

For breakfast Athithi (Veg) seems to be the most recommended - and may be East End as well ?

Thanks. The latest review of Athithi on Tripadvisor doesn't inspire much confidence. Will give East End a try next time I'm going solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Exactly in Madikeri, I dont know. There is a CCD at Periyapatna and Hunsur bypass has Cafe Coorg. The other one I can suggest is Kalyani on the Mysore ORR (though in Mysore but on the way). You dont need to stop on the Mysore road at least for food.

CCD/ Cafe Coorg are not consistent, but a safer bet when pitted against the unknown. Mysore and ORR are generally covered in the wee hours. Else would have gone for the famous mylari dosas (which we do whenever we get a chance).
Old 18th August 2014, 13:01   #38
BHPian

Are you looking only at Madikeri..? If you are travelling via Kushalanagara there will be good options..right..?

If you are travelling to Kerala, via Iritty then Cafe Coorg @ Gonikkoppal is a good option (Not the Cafe county at Hunsur).
Old 9th December 2020, 22:41   #39
BHPian

I have to travel to Madikeri Friday, earliest start I can do is 8 am to 8:30 am from Whitefield. Hoping to reach Madikeri by 2pm with a break in-between.

How is the Mysore Road anyone? is the road expansion on yet?
Google recommends that I take the Kunigal route claiming its about half an hour faster. Is that better? if so any good places to eat once I cross Yeshwantpur for breakfast?

Finally I forgot in which route I had some great benne dosa on the way to Mysore a few years back!Apparently a famous place. Wont mind the traffic just to have the dosa again!
Old 10th December 2020, 02:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post
I have to travel to Madikeri Friday, earliest start I can do is 8 am to 8:30 am from Whitefield. Hoping to reach Madikeri by 2pm with a break in-between.

Google recommends that I take the Kunigal route claiming its about half an hour faster. Is that better? if so any good places to eat once I cross Yeshwantpur for breakfast?

Finally I forgot in which route I had some great benne dosa on the way to Mysore a few years back!Apparently a famous place. Wont mind the traffic just to have the dosa again!
Was in Mysore last week, lot of road expansion happening on the usual Mysore road, so used the Bellur Cross route.

Suggest you use the same and you can stop over at Hotel Mayura for breakfast which is at Bellur cross, always stop there when I am on that route although two new restaurants have opened a few kilometres before Mayura.

You will have to drive for about 2Kms after the Nagamangala turn off to access Hotel Mayura though, hope this helps
kannan666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 08:11   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
... so used the Bellur Cross route.
Is this a 4 lane tolled highway (for those heading to Mysore, till Bellur Cross)?
Old 10th December 2020, 09:03   #42
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
Is this a 4 lane tolled highway (for those heading to Mysore, till Bellur Cross)?
Yes, it's the Mangalore highway and turn off towards Nagamangala is at Bellur cross. It's good tarmac and recently widened 2 lane section to reach Srirangapatna and then it's the regular Bangalore-Mysore highway.

Last edited by NPV : 10th December 2020 at 09:05.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 09:46   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post

I went to Coorg on the 25th of November. Took the usual BLR-Hassan-Arkalgud-Ramnathpura-Kushalnagar-Madikeri.

Excellent roads all through. Ramnathpura town stretch is bad. Took me 4.5hrs. Left at 8, food at Shark food court. Reached Coorg at 12:30.

You can try this route.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 11:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
It is as NPV confirmed, the other good place to have breakfast on this route is Dhruvathare, both are on the left while going from Bengaluru
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 12:00   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
It is as NPV confirmed, the other good place to have breakfast on this route is Dhruvathare, both are on the left while going from Bengaluru
Thanks. Looks Dhruvathare is more conveniently located. Is it worth to drive a couple of KMs extra after Bellur cross to Hotel Mayura? What's its speciality?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks