Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2020, 12:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Any good eatout between Mysore-Madikeri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
Thanks. Looks Dhruvathare is more conveniently located. Is it worth to drive a couple of KMs extra after Bellur cross to Hotel Mayura? What's its speciality?
We normally end up at Mayura due to force of habit as we have been going there since donkeys years ! The south indian fare is really good specially the mini idly & bisi bele bath for breakfast. On the return, we normally have south indian meals which is also quite good. Rest rooms are nice, clean and hygienic. Been to Dhruvathare only once when it had newly opened and found that it was good as well. Parking is ample in both places.
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 19:35   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
I went to Coorg on the 25th of November. Took the usual BLR-Hassan-Arkalgud-Ramnathpura-Kushalnagar-Madikeri.

Excellent roads all through. Ramnathpura town stretch is bad. Took me 4.5hrs. Left at 8, food at Shark food court. Reached Coorg at 12:30.

You can try this route.
Thanks, I did this trip and got back yesterday. Onward was through Bellur - Arakalagudu - Shanivarasanthe - Somwarpete.
The roads upto Arakalagudu is good, and post that would recommend the route only if someone wants to drive through winding coffee estate roads.

Returned back through Kushalnagar route which is a better drive for faster travel.
Though the speed breakers are a pain. Too many of them.

Both roads had bad patches but patch work was going on and a lot of it complete so not as bad as it could have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Was in Mysore last week, lot of road expansion happening on the usual Mysore road, so used the Bellur Cross route.

Suggest you use the same and you can stop over at Hotel Mayura for breakfast which is at Bellur cross, always stop there when I am on that route although two new restaurants have opened a few kilometres before Mayura.

You will have to drive for about 2Kms after the Nagamangala turn off to access Hotel Mayura though, hope this helps
Mayura for breakfast was great.
I guess restricted travel is distant memory now. Every restaurant was full and brimming including Mayura. Did not expect such a lot of traffic!
And I understood most resorts in Madikeri were also full last weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
We normally end up at Mayura due to force of habit as we have been going there since donkeys years ! The south indian fare is really good specially the mini idly & bisi bele bath for breakfast. On the return, we normally have south indian meals which is also quite good. Rest rooms are nice, clean and hygienic. Been to Dhruvathare only once when it had newly opened and found that it was good as well. Parking is ample in both places.
Stopped over at Dhruvathare on the way back. The food was great here as well. We ended up there at 3.45 pm in the afternoon and options were limited but the food was good.!

it was about a 6 hr trip either way, with no rush driving and a stop over for food and bio break.
Old 4th September 2022, 09:08   #48
BHPian

Just adding some helpful information for travelers between Mysore and Madikeri.

I had visited Mysore and Madikeri back in May this year as a group of 7 people including kids.

While Mysore had no dearth of good places to eat, finding good vegetarian options on the route to Madikeri was indeed a challenge. However, we managed to find a small hotel just a few 100mts before Kushalnagar bus stand/circle.

Dhanya's Nisarga Veg - https://goo.gl/maps/rPLALs2SvGTrghXX8
Any good eatout between Mysore-Madikeri?-dhanyaskushalnagar.png

We stopped here only for breakfast, with the usual fare of idlis, pooris, dosas, vadas and coffee. It is a small hotel, but on the main road itself. We had no issues parking our Tempo Traveller on the side of the road. The food was decent enough too. Believe the visibility given for this hotel is mainly because of lack of decent vegetarian options on the way. Prices are very economical. They do have a restroom but this is an old style hotel, with restroom at the back, outside the kitchen area. It was not spic & span but it will do for emergencies.

In Madikeri, we found this hotel close to the KSRTC bus stand.

Ambika Upahar - https://goo.gl/maps/DYpSnsdTMgn3m3ev9
Any good eatout between Mysore-Madikeri?-ambikaupharmadikeri.png

We had gone there on the way back from Talakaveri and it was late afternoon, beyond 2:30pm or 3pm. That place was CROWDED! We had to wait for 10mins to get seats for all of us. Food was good enough but what I loved the most was the lemon tea that I had ordered at the end. They have restrooms that were okish.

Note that this hotel in Madikeri is on the first floor, after a flight of stairs. I didn't notice a lift there. Parking will be a problem at peak hours. We had a driver who quickly found a spot and joined us for lunch in 5mins.

Hope this helps.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed