Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 22:06   #1
BHPian

Route Info required - Hosur to Secunderabad

Hi Friends,

Our family has planned a Two Day Trip to Secunderabad in our Innova to meet one of our relatives, I am going to Secunderabad after 10 Years Its a great time for me.
We will be starting from my place Hosur on Aug 28th early morning by 3AM and reach there by 2-3PM. Again back on Sunday

I would required Root Info and road conditions from Bangalore to Secunderabad
Route taken by me will be -
Hosur-Attibele-Sarjapura-Marathhalli-KR Puram-Hebbal-Elahanka-Devanahalli-Chikaballapur-Ananthpur
I have been till Ananthpur and I can manage till entering the Hyderabad City.

I am booking Hotel Basera in Secunderabad, So I would require a very clear route info from City Entrance till I reach Hotel Basera.

Thanks in Advance
Old 25th August 2009, 22:34   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
I am booking Hotel Basera in Secunderabad, So I would require a very clear route info from City Entrance till I reach Hotel Basera.
Once your nearing Hyderabad, you will be crossing shamshabad airport, from there take the ORR ( Outer Ring Road) which will connect you to Gachibowli crossroads. Ask at shamshabad till Gachibowli crossroads. From there, take the following route

Gachibowli crossroads--> Kondapur Crossroads--->Cybertowers Crossroads---> Jubilee Hills Check Post---->Nagarjuna Hills Circle-->Begumpet Road---->S.D Road---> Total distance is about 25 kms

From Nagarjuna Cirle to S.D Road, you need to get on 5 flyovers which come one after the other within a distance of 1kms or so and at the end of the 5th flyover, you have to take a U-turn and from there Hotel Basera is about 0.5km.

Another landmark is ask for Sangeet Theatre which is approximately 100 meters from Hotel Basera. Btw, spend an evening for dinner at their basement restuarant, nice ghazal singers and great food

Ping me if you need my contact info so you can call me for specific directions from Gachibowli crossroads when you reach here and i can help you out
Old 25th August 2009, 23:06   #3
BHPian

Thanks Mobike for the Quick response, I will send u a PM send me your Mobile No, will call you if any help required
Old 25th August 2009, 23:25   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Sent you a PM with my number. Btw, this query is in the wrong section. It should be in route/travel queries section.

Mods, please do the needful
Old 26th August 2009, 00:32   #5
BHPian

I heard that Road conditions are not good from Ananthpur, Roads are still under repair and leads lots of diversions
Does anybody has info about the Road conditions ?
Old 26th August 2009, 00:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Work is still in progress after Anantapur until Kurnool. Once you cross Kurnool, it will be a breezy drive! (this is the stretch which will slow you down a little bit due to couple of railway crossings!)

You will be reaching Hyderabad during off peak time, and the route suggested by Mobike is the easiest to reach Secunderabad before the IT guys start heading towards home!

P.S: NH7 is great but be little careful if it is raining as there are few parts where water stagnates just enough to cause Aqua planing! (I hit few puddles @ > 120 kmph during my last trip)

Last edited by pulsar56 : 26th August 2009 at 00:41.
Old 2nd September 2009, 01:15   #7
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I really enjoyed my Drive to Hyderabad and also on the way back to home.

We started at 4AM from Home and entered Hyderabad City at 3PM, Road conditions were pretty good and not so bad, well there were few diversions between Anantpur and Kurnool.

One worse part was there was no fuel station after Karnataka Border till 10Kms to reach Anantpur.

After Entering Hyderabad City we had to reach Belson Taj Hotel in Secunderabad and I was asked to take the City route instead Outer Ring Road

From NH7 - Zoo Park Main Rd - Puranapul Rd - Hussainialam Rd - Asaf Jahi Rd - Razen Rd - Gosha Mahal Rd - Nizam Shahi Rd - Public Garden Rd - Assembly Rd -AG Office Rd - Tank Bund Rd - Patny CEnter - Chandana Bros Showroom - Left and reached Belsons TAJ Hotel
Old 2nd September 2009, 01:21   #8
BHPian

I was caught by a Police guy at Puranapul Road, he stopped me because our vehicle had fancy Number plates.
I argued with him that its according to Karnatakata RTO rules and its not fancy - He denied and wanted 1000Rs as fine
I asked him for a challan and told him that I will file a case on Karnataka RTO based on his challan and for any inquiries he should be ready to answer to Karnataka Govt - He was like and jsut ket me go.
Next day morning I was again caught near Koti circle and I told them that I already paid 300Rs fine to puranapul police and they did not giv me a challan and he let me go

I have never seen such a worse traffic anyware, people just take left/right without any indications, I see just very few bikers with helmets.
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

I am actually curious to see how your number plate looks like, getting caught 2 times for supposedly fancy number plate, might be true
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:31   #10
BHPian

Quote:
I was caught by a Police guy at Puranapul Road, he stopped me because our vehicle had fancy Number plates.
I argued with him that its according to Karnatakata RTO rules and its not fancy - He denied and wanted 1000Rs as fine
I asked him for a challan and told him that I will file a case on Karnataka RTO based on his challan and for any inquiries he should be ready to answer to Karnataka Govt - He was like and jsut ket me go.
Next day morning I was again caught near Koti circle and I told them that I already paid 300Rs fine to puranapul police and they did not giv me a challan and he let me go
Wow, Hyderabad traffic police (tried to) catch someone??? Surprising, man!!!!! Always thought these guys are so well paid that they do not bother much about anything from wrong side driving, traffic light violation to speeding, parking.
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:33   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

I really enjoyed my Drive to Hyderabad and also on the way back to home.

We started at 4AM from Home and entered Hyderabad City at 3PM, Road conditions were pretty good and not so bad, well there were few diversions between Anantpur and Kurnool.

One worse part was there was no fuel station after Karnataka Border till 10Kms to reach Anantpur.

After Entering Hyderabad City we had to reach Belson Taj Hotel in Secunderabad and I was asked to take the City route instead Outer Ring Road

From NH7 - Zoo Park Main Rd - Puranapul Rd - Hussainialam Rd - Asaf Jahi Rd - Razen Rd - Gosha Mahal Rd - Nizam Shahi Rd - Public Garden Rd - Assembly Rd -AG Office Rd - Tank Bund Rd - Patny CEnter - Chandana Bros Showroom - Left and reached Belsons TAJ Hotel
Bharghava Sr,

I am quite surprised you could not find any fuel station after Karnataka border, in fact there are quite a few as soon as you enter AP and there are 2 in Penukonda town. I regularly travel till Ananthapur and always fill up in AP to take advantage of Rs.2 less per litre of petrol than Bangalore.
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:43   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Why would some one want a fine for fancy number plate? As long as the vehicle is registered with that number, what is the problem?

I believe the Hyd police are extra vigilant with out of state vehicles as their state law gives only one month time to ply without paying road tax. Even I was stopped twice, once near Salarjung museum and next time at the same road, but on the other side by cops with blackberry and gizmos. But when I provided the documents, including Pollution certificate they let me go. No hassles.

I did see pumps in Penukonda town as KReddy said.

Nainar

Last edited by anainar : 2nd September 2009 at 11:48.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:33   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

SR, i could have suggested the route which you took and reason i didnt was due to it going through the old city ( lots of horrible traffic) but, since you decided to take that. hope you enjoyed the old city flavour.
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:28   #14
BHPian

Oh Yes Mobike,

I did Enjoy the Old City and its Traffic, Well I did not realize that traffic will be too dense.
Probably I may visit Hyd city again next month then I will sure take the Outer Ring Road
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:30   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I am actually curious to see how your number plate looks like, getting caught 2 times for supposedly fancy number plate, might be true
Yes my friend our vehicle Number plate was bit fancy, numbers and words were in Italic, I will change those next week as per RTO rules
Will go for High security number plates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks