Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 17:41   #1
BHPian

108 Places Around Bangalore

Hello,

Was browsing through some webpages and happened to find this. Hope this helps.

If this already exists Mods request you to delete this post.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Places_Around_Bangalore.xls (108.0 KB, 73407 views)
deepakchiniwal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2009, 06:51   #2
BHPian

I remember seeing this in around 10 yrs back when was in Bangalore. Hence, ignore the road condition part of it and use all the remaining informaiton int he sheet.
Old 28th August 2009, 09:13   #3
BHPian

Me too some 8 to 9 years back seen this
It would be nice it we can maintain such info in web page and bhpians keep updating the road info etc whenever they go with user name. Sometime you need to search many pages ti conclude how is the road conditions.
Mods any suggestions
Old 28th August 2009, 09:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yes, have got this file in my email too around 10 years back ! Can use the info regarding the places that are available to visit and the distances but not much else as the rest of them are bound to have changed - for the better or for the worse !
Old 17th June 2011, 09:40   #5
BHPian

Re: 108 Places Around Bangalore

Hi Deepak,

A good excel sheet provided with almost all necessary information regarding road queries. In the excel sheet, the distance of Hogenakkal Falls is mentioned 150KM. But in Google Maps, the distance shows 259 KM. Is there any shortcut to reach Hogenakkal?

The Google Map shows the route -> from BLR, move on NH7 -> cross Krishnagiri and keep on NH7 till Thoppur. Take left from NH7 and then Hogenakkal Falls.

Please suggest if there's other shorter route. Actually am looking to cover it only in 1 day i.e. this coming sunday.
Old 17th June 2011, 17:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musafir_blr View Post
Hi Deepak,

A good excel sheet provided with almost all necessary information regarding road queries. In the excel sheet, the distance of Hogenakkal Falls is mentioned 150KM. But in Google Maps, the distance shows 259 KM. Is there any shortcut to reach Hogenakkal?

The Google Map shows the route -> from BLR, move on NH7 -> cross Krishnagiri and keep on NH7 till Thoppur. Take left from NH7 and then Hogenakkal Falls.

Please suggest if there's other shorter route. Actually am looking to cover it only in 1 day i.e. this coming sunday.
Musafir,

Hogenkkal falls is definitely doable in 1 day, if you leave early and can reach bangalore late.

There is another route to Hogenekkal via Denkanikottai & Anchetty with almost similar distance ~ 150 kms.

Bengaluru, Karnataka, India to Hogenakkal, Tamil Nadu, India - Google Maps

Though this route is beautiful and scenic, but it is a 2 lane road from Hosur onwards. In terms of speed & fuel efficiency going via NH7 is better, but you got to pay tolls which are hiked recently.

Probably, while going you take Anchetty route in day time and while returning take NH7 route. But be prepared to face the sunday evening heavy traffic travelling towards Bangalore, especially from Krishnagiri onwards.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 18:20   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musafir_blr View Post
Hi Deepak,

Googlemaps probably thought that you want to enjoy Thoppur Ghats, Mettur Dam (and the garden there), some tribute to Veerappan by following his footprints to some extent (Mettur->Kolathur->MM Hills->Kollegal route) on the way to Hogenakkal. Hence, 259 kms in all

After Krishnagiri, while you are on Dharmapuri bye-pass (about 140 kms from Bangalore), you can take a right turn where I remember seeing clear indications to Hogenakal (about 45 kms). You will cross Pennagaram (read it out as Pen-nagaram) about 30 kms later and proceed straight to Hogenakal. This last stretch is about 15 kms and is a ghat section.

Note that in Pennagaram, the major road is to your left (south in the map) which takes you to Mecheri and further to Salem or Mettur. You need to go directly to Hogenakal from here. And this would be about 170-180 kms and under 4 hours (including break for food) overall from Bangalore. After descending the ghats, I think there is a check-post and entry fee to Hogenakal.

Hope this helps !!!
ajithbr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 18:25   #8
Team-BHP Support

Some details are available here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks