Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/64464-ahmedabad-indore-route-queries-2.html)

drmohitg 2nd January 2013 17:12

Re: Ahmadabad to Indore Road condition and route.
 
Hi I need to go to Indore from Vadodara tomorrow. Have the option of either taking a Taxi or my Altis. How is the current condition of the road on this stretch? Has somebody done it recently? Which route is the most advisable now? If the roads are good I would prefer to take my own car.

ampere 2nd January 2013 17:23

Re: Ahmadabad to Indore Road condition and route.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 3005045)
Hi I need to go to Indore from Vadodara tomorrow. Have the option of either taking a Taxi or my Altis. How is the current condition of the road on this stretch? Has somebody done it recently? Which route is the most advisable now? If the roads are good I would prefer to take my own car.

You may know better about this, but when I was there last time around this region (Banswara/Dahod), I was suggested never to take to road around these sections at night.

drmohitg 2nd January 2013 20:12

Re: Ahmadabad to Indore Road condition and route.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3005059)
You may know better about this, but when I was there last time around this region (Banswara/Dahod), I was suggested never to take to road around these sections at night.

I just shifted to Vadodara 6 months back. Had got train tickets done but they are showing no signs of getting confirmed. So its either a Taxi ride or taking my own car. And being a BHPian the first preference is obviously taking the car.
But I am unaware of this route. Gujarat should be fine but MP is a whole different story. Was hoping to find about the current status of this stretch. How were the roads last time you traveled? I would not mind driving in the daytime.

ampere 2nd January 2013 20:20

Re: Ahmadabad to Indore Road condition and route.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 3005225)
But I am unaware of this route. Gujarat should be fine but MP is a whole different story. Was hoping to find about the current status of this stretch. How were the roads last time you traveled? I would not mind driving in the daytime.

I was there around Ratlam-Banswara section and not around Baroda-Dahod.
Roads around Ratlam were bad. But once you enter Rajasthan (Banswara) they were very good.

I dont know about Baroda-Dahod-Indore. But folks at Banswara were telling me not to venture at night (This was more towards Nimbahera-Banswara section)
But many also mentioned being careful about the Dahod side.

This was more than a year back. It would be good to get latest updates.

rkg 2nd January 2013 20:22

Re: Ahmadabad to Indore Road condition and route.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 3005225)
I just shifted to Vadodara 6 months back. Had got train tickets done but they are showing no signs of getting confirmed. So its either a Taxi ride or taking my own car. And being a BHPian the first preference is obviously taking the car.
But I am unaware of this route. Gujarat should be fine but MP is a whole different story. Was hoping to find about the current status of this stretch. How were the roads last time you traveled? I would not mind driving in the daytime.


I have travelled in the said road in May 2011. I had gone via Dakor. Till Gujarat border it is fine. From Dahod till indore it is very bad. Desolate. It is being made in to 4 lane. at that time the work is in preliminary stage. After Godhra ,i did not find any eating joints. It took me 7-8 hours from Dahod to indore. At some stretches there is no road at all
Current condition, i do not have idea. But some parts of the road between Dhar and indore, one side is done at that time

drmohitg 2nd January 2013 23:39

Re: Ahmadabad to Indore Road condition and route.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3005233)
But folks at Banswara were telling me not to venture at night (This was more towards Nimbahera-Banswara section)
But many also mentioned being careful about the Dahod side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkg (Post 3005235)
From Dahod till indore it is very bad. Desolate. It is being made in to 4 lane. at that time the work is in preliminary stage. After Godhra ,i did not find any eating joints. It took me 7-8 hours from Dahod to indore. At some stretches there is no road at all

Thanks a lot guys for the info. After reading about the roads I have decided to take a taxi. There are 5 of us so an Innova should be do the job well. Will update about the road condition after returning from Indore.

drmohitg 8th January 2013 10:56

Re: Ahmadabad to Indore Road condition and route.
 
Update:

Back from my trip. While going to Indore the Taxi driver took the road via Godhra/Dahod and onwards. That route has to be avoided at all costs. The road is basically non existent and is still under construction.

While returning I made sure he takes the other route that was advised by most people i.e. via Indore/Rau/Thikri/Barwani/Alirajpur/Dabhoi/Vadodara. This route is much much better in terms of road consiiton and we could make the whole trip well within 7 hours.

Lastly as advised in the previous posts, I would also advise against travelling on MP roads after dark. Most of the stretches were completely deserted with very less traffic.

hvkumar 8th January 2013 11:08

Re: Ahmadabad to Indore Road condition and route.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 3009830)
Update:

Back from my trip. While going to Indore the Taxi driver took the road via Godhra/Dahod and onwards. That route has to be avoided at all costs. The road is basically non existent and is still under construction.

While returning I made sure he takes the other route that was advised by most people i.e. via Indore/Rau/Thikri/Barwani/Alirajpur/Dabhoi/Vadodara. This route is much much better in terms of road consiiton and we could make the whole trip well within 7 hours.

Lastly as advised in the previous posts, I would also advise against travelling on MP roads after dark. Most of the stretches were completely deserted with very less traffic.

NH59 has been in the AVOID AVOID listings for quite some time now. Surprised that a taxi driver did not know its bad condition.

Did you see any widening work going on?

The Alirajpur route is the only option as of now.

drmohitg 8th January 2013 11:20

Re: Ahmadabad to Indore Road condition and route.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 3009842)
NH59 has been in the AVOID AVOID listings for quite some time now. Surprised that a taxi driver did not know its bad condition.

Did you see any widening work going on?

The Alirajpur route is the only option as of now.

Sir I told him the same thing but he was very confident that it is the only good route and there are chances of criminal activities on the other routes etc. Now since even I was travelling in this part of the country for the first time, I didn't argue with him and let him decide. Once we reached Indore, the only explanation he had was that the last time he came that road was good.
Road widening/construction is going on NH59.

So while coming back I made him come via alirajpur.

hvkumar 8th January 2013 11:22

Re: Ahmadabad to Indore Road condition and route.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 3009861)
Sir I told him the same thing but he was very confident that it is the only good route and there are chances of criminal activities on the other routes etc. Now since even I was travelling in this part of the country for the first time, I didn't argue with him and let him decide. Once we reached Indore, the only explanation he had was that the last time he came that road was good.
Road widening/construction is going on NH59.

So while coming back I made him come via alirajpur.

The NH59 has been this way for over 7 years, at least AFAIK!
Safety is an issue on NH59, but surprisingly, the Alirajpur route is held to be safer.

drmohitg 8th January 2013 11:26

Re: Ahmadabad to Indore Road condition and route.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 3009866)
Safety is an issue on NH59, but surprisingly, the Alirajpur route is held to be safer.

The road might be safe. But it is deserted and you don't see much traffic for quite some long. Maybe it was because of the time ( we crossed the whole stretch after sunset between 6-10 pm). And since one has heard a lot about the notorious MP roads it kind of creeps you out when you don't see much traffic around.

ampere 9th January 2013 14:29

Re: Ahmadabad to Indore Road condition and route.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 3009874)
The road might be safe. But it is deserted and you don't see much traffic for quite some long. Maybe it was because of the time ( we crossed the whole stretch after sunset between 6-10 pm). And since one has heard a lot about the notorious MP roads it kind of creeps you out when you don't see much traffic around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 3009866)
The NH59 has been this way for over 7 years, at least AFAIK!
Safety is an issue on NH59, but surprisingly, the Alirajpur route is held to be safer.

HVK,

Its actually surprising that the East-West corridor runs through Rajasthan.
Had it been through MP also, it would have been a different affair.


Am I missing something here?

ADI_77 12th October 2013 18:37

Ahmedabad to Indore Route Query
 
I plan to drive down from Ahmedabad to Indore in 2nd week of November.

The route suggested by fellow Team BHPIANs is :
Ahmedabad - Vadodara - Halol - Chhota Udepur - Alirajpur - Kukshi - Barwani - Thikri - Khalghat - Indore. (523 Kms)

Needed any recent updates on the road condition post monsoon since the rains this year have been quite heavy in Gujarat as well as MP. I came to know from a driver who did this route a month back that about 35 kms stretch of road from Bodeli to Chotta Udepur is in bad shape.

Alternatively was thinking about taking the following route through Rajasthan:
Ahmedabad - Himmatnagar - Dungarpur - Sagwara - Banswara - Ratlam - Barnagar - Ujjain- Indore. (529 Kms)

I have frequented the Ahmedabad- Udaipur (NH8) route thus I am assuming that the road till Dungarpur would be in decent shape. However I am not aware of the route beyond Dungarpur.

Kindly suggest if this route is doable & if it is safe for day time driving ?

zalaps 16th December 2013 10:11

re: Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries
 
Guys,
Planning for Ahmedabad - Indore drive in last week of Jan. how is road condition on NH 59?

Any inputs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADI_77 (Post 3264169)
I plan to drive down from Ahmedabad to Indore in 2nd week of November.

Hey ADI_77,
How did your journey went? Did you took Sagwara route?

princey 18th December 2013 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADI_77 (Post 3264169)
I plan to drive down from Ahmedabad to Indore in 2nd week of November. The route suggested by fellow Team BHPIANs is : Ahmedabad - Vadodara - Halol - Chhota Udepur - Alirajpur - Kukshi - Barwani - Thikri - Khalghat - Indore. (523 Kms) Needed any recent updates on the road condition post monsoon since the rains this year have been quite heavy in Gujarat as well as MP. I came to know from a driver who did this route a month back that about 35 kms stretch of road from Bodeli to Chotta Udepur is in bad shape. Alternatively was thinking about taking the following route through Rajasthan: Ahmedabad - Himmatnagar - Dungarpur - Sagwara - Banswara - Ratlam - Barnagar - Ujjain- Indore. (529 Kms) I have frequented the Ahmedabad- Udaipur (NH8) route thus I am assuming that the road till Dungarpur would be in decent shape. However I am not aware of the route beyond Dungarpur. Kindly suggest if this route is doable & if it is safe for day time driving ?

Any latest inputs on the route. I plan to go to Indore shortly.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:45.