Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2023, 19:02   #271
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Kolkata : Route Queries

I did the strech from 23rd-25th Dec. Return will be on 4th Jan,2024. Do the speed cameras get you penalized in the Orissa strech?? Is there a way to bypass Vijaywada?

I took the naidupeta way to enter NH16. Had left bangalore around 4.30 am. Encountered dense fog after Kolar. The authorities in one of the forest streches had forgotten to remove the rollable barriers, thankfully didn't create a pile on.
The new highways that have been constructed are mostly with concrete, they lead to a lot of tyre noise.

The most annoying part of the strech was entering and exiting Vijaywada for me, maybe because I drove into office traffic on a long weekend.

Findung breakfast spots after Rajamundry which would be pet tolerant ( not friendly) was difficult. Had to stop at a small CCD which was being run by just one person. Thanks to this forums inputs, didn't find difficulties with fuel pumps.
Old 3rd January 2024, 22:18   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by touring_spirit View Post
I did the strech from 23rd-25th Dec. Return will be on 4th Jan,2024. Do the speed cameras get you penalized in the Orissa strech?? Is there a way to bypass Vijaywada?

Yes, they do penalize. I got challaned for Rs 2000 while traveling to Bangalore from Kolkata in January 2023 on my 2-wheeler for riding my bike at 86kmph where the speed limit was 60 kmph on a 6-lane highway.

Do check this thread for more info on this - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...highway-6.html (Overspeeding ticket for 60 kmph speed on a highway!)

I'm not sure about any bypass road around Vijaywada, but I don't think de-routing from NH16 will save much of your time. The best thing would be to plan your timings accordingly so that you will pass Vijayawada either early in the morning, late at night, or in the afternoon when traffic can be a bit less as compared to the peak hours.
Old 19th February 2024, 10:30   #273
BHPian

I am planning a road trip from Bangalore to Kolkata, going via Vizag, Bhubaneswar and returning via Varanasi, Nagpur in the month of April. Given elections would be just around the corner, any thought about issues that may come up during the drive?
Old 19th February 2024, 10:55   #274
BHPian

CCU- Varanasi, will be a pain, due to truck traffic and that route via Hyd back to Bangalore is boring! So unless you have reasons to take that route back to Bangalore, I would suggest you sticking to the regular CCU-BBSR-Vizag- Blr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnjdnght View Post
I am planning a road trip from Bangalore to Kolkata, going via Vizag, Bhubaneswar and returning via Varanasi, Nagpur in the month of April. Given elections would be just around the corner, any thought about issues that may come up during the drive?
Old 20th February 2024, 14:56   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnjdnght View Post
Not worth the hassle during the weeks prior to election. Every district entry and exit will have a check where you would have to stop and spend 3-4 minutes or possibly more, and since most checkpoint activities are recorded on video, there would baggage checking as well. Also need to be prepared for any untoward law and order situations.

Last edited by xotiq : 20th February 2024 at 15:11.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks