Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2017, 17:30   #241
BHPian

Re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Drove down to Indore last weekend. As the plan was a sudden one decided to take Pune-Sangamner- Kopargaon -Dhule - Indore route. While going was at 11:00 AM at Nashik Phata. Road till Narayan Gaon is still 2 lane. ... ... after Narayangaon till Sangamner its a breeze with 4 lane . From Sangamner took the road to Kopargaon, 2 lane road did not encounter much traffic. Reached Indore at 8 PM . No breaks except 2 bio breakes

On the way back, stuck to Indore - Dhule -Manmad- Shirdi - Nagar - Pune stretch.
Hello MM403,

Thank you for sharing the updates, I am planning to travel to Panna (via Indore) this weekend and I was thinking of taking the Sangamner-Kopargaon-Manmad-Malegaon-Dhule route.

I see that you opted for the 2nd route through Nagar - any particular reason as I feel it is a longer route for me.
This is the first time I am traveling on this route (except Nashik of course) so any tips would be great, we are planning to leave at around 3-4am from PCMC and planning to reach Indore by 11-12 (for lunch) before proceeding ahead towards Vidisha/Sagar. Is this realistic?

Thanks & Cheers!
Trojan

Last edited by Trojan : 19th June 2017 at 17:38.
Old 19th June 2017, 17:46   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Hello MM403,

Thank you for sharing the updates, I am planning to travel to Panna (via Indore) this weekend and I was thinking of taking the Sangamner-Kopargaon-Manmad-Malegaon-Dhule route.

I see that you opted for the 2nd route through Nagar - any particular reason as I feel it is a longer route for me.
This is the first time I am traveling on this route (except Nashik of course) so any tips would be great, we are planning to leave at around 3-4am from PCMC and planning to reach Indore by 11-12 (for lunch) before proceeding ahead towards Vidisha/Sagar. Is this realistic?

Thanks & Cheers!
Trojan
Hi

Distance wise not much difference. I have always been taking the Nagar - Shirdi - Manmad Road . Took Sangamner Kopargaon for first time. In my opinion, need to give some time till all 4 lanes operational. Starting at 3/4 in order to reach Indore at 11/12 is unrealistic. You will reach by 1 or 2 PM. Once I started at 5 and reached Bhopal at 6 pm but this was just with food and bio brakes. If you have family with you it will be difficult

Last edited by mm403 : 19th June 2017 at 17:47. Reason: Missed a sentence
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 18:10   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Hi

Took Sangamner Kopargaon for first time. In my opinion, need to give some time till all 4 lanes operational.
Starting at 3/4 in order to reach Indore at 11/12 is unrealistic. You will reach by 1 or 2 PM. Once I started at 5 and reached Bhopal at 6 pm but this was just with food and bio brakes. If you have family with you it will be difficult
Thanks MM403,

So this route is not 4 laned all the way? Could you please point out which sections are not yet 4 laned.
The reason to leave at 3-4 is not with the destination in mind but rather to avoid traffic. I usually prefer traveling late nights or early mornings.
We are planning to reach either Vidisha/Sagar that day, don't intend to reach Panna the same day. So need to factor around 10-11hrs for Indore, cool thanks again!

Cheers,
trojan
Old 10th October 2017, 13:15   #244
BHPian

Planning to drive to Indore for Diwali, Will be leaving this Saturday, early morning.
Any update on latest road conditions? which route to take?
Old 10th October 2017, 14:07   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Planning to drive to Indore for Diwali, Will be leaving this Saturday, early morning.
Any update on latest road conditions? which route to take?
If you stay in pune area you can take the Pune- Ahmednagar- Rahuri- Shirdi- Manmad- Dhule- Sendhwa- Mhow- Indore route.

If you stay in pimpri-chinchwad take the Nashik route to join the same Bombay-Agra Highway.

Please note do not take the Ahmednagar by-pass road. Its damaged and you will get stuck up very badly and might scrape your car belly too. Better take the ahmednagar city route to go to Shirdi.

Route from Ahmednagar to Shirdi is now mostly double lane but not of the best quality and many places its broken down. So be careful about big craters.

Once you touch Bombay-Agra highway its smooth sailing.

Start early, wish you a safe journey. I recently did this journey in night and was not happy with the road conditions between Nagar to Dhule stretch.
amit_purohit20 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 13:33   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
If you stay in pune area you can take the Pune- Ahmednagar- Rahuri- Shirdi- Manmad- Dhule- Sendhwa- Mhow- Indore route.

If you stay in pimpri-chinchwad take the Nashik route to join the same Bombay-Agra Highway.
Thanks Amit.
I took the Nashik route my journey, thanks for headsup about Ahmednagar route.

03:00PM - started from Dange Chowk.
10:00 PM - Reached Malegaon. Stayed the night there (sisters in-laws place)

Next day
08:00AM - Started from Malegaon (A.B. Road)
01:00PM - Reached Indore.

Total toll :
Pune to Malegaon - ₹400
Malegaon to Indore - ₹320

Road conditions:
Some small (less than a KM) patches were bad till we reached NH60, Once we were on Pune-Nashik highway it was smooth sailing.

Return journey:
This time, plan is to do it without overnight stay.
Leaving tomorrow.
INJAXN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 20:17   #247
BHPian

Guys, Need 1 help,
How are road conditions from Indore to Bheda Ghat, is it a 4 lane or 6 lane roads. Planning to go in December.
Google map suggest 3 routes (Bhedaghat to Indore), which route to take, any suggestions please.
a. MP SH 18/SH18 509 km
b. NH45 489 km
c. NH47 618 km
Thanks,

Last edited by dsnaveen21 : 12th November 2017 at 20:20. Reason: Forget to add route
Old 5th January 2018, 10:46   #248
BHPian

Hi
Did Indore Pune yesterday via Malegaon-Shirdi-Nagar. Indore to Malegaon is 4 lane smooth roads - however there are speed breakers every few kms. Malegaon Shirdi is 2 lane road in bad condition and heavy traffic. Shirdi Pune is 4 lane and no potholes at all as mentioned in some earlier posts.

Mod Note: There are a lot of typographical errors in your post. Please check your post for spelling and grammar errors before hitting the Submit button.

Last edited by noopster : 5th January 2018 at 11:00. Reason: Refer Mod note inline
naren_gs1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 20:25   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_gs1 View Post
Hi
Did Indore Pune yesterday via Malegaon-Shirdi-Nagar. Indore to Malegaon is 4 lane smooth roads - however there are speed breakers every few kms. Malegaon Shirdi is 2 lane road in bad condition and heavy traffic. Shirdi Pune is 4 lane and no potholes at all as mentioned in some earlier posts.

Mod Note: There are a lot of typographical errors in your post. Please check your post for spelling and grammar errors before hitting the Submit button.
Did the same route. Please note the Ahmednagar by-pass route is still a big mess and its best to use the Ahmednagar city route. I have tried twice negotiating the Ahmednagar city while coming from Indore and catching the aurangabad - pune highway but have lost my way in the city maze. So it would be better to take help of the GPS.

Many people think of doing Pune- Indore using the Burhanpur route. I would strongly advise against using this route because Pune- Aurangabad is in good shape. Aurangabad to Pahur is in ok condition but heavy traffic infested with local villagers and their slow moving vehicles. Road is in bad condition from Pahur till you cross MP border with big potholes and two lane highway without divider.

Last edited by amit_purohit20 : 7th January 2018 at 20:33.
amit_purohit20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 15:37   #250
BHPian

Am planning a drive to Indore. Just checked Google Maps and it is showing a route as follows:

Pune --> Sangamner --> Nandur Shingote --> Chandwad --> Dhule --> Indore

It is suggesting to take the Pune-Nashik road and then take a right at Nandur Shingote to join the Mumbai-Agra road at Chandwad.

Has anyone taken this route? If yes, can someone comment on the road conditions. Also, will this be a safe route to take after 6 pm in the evening?
Old 26th February 2018, 17:52   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Am planning a drive to Indore. Just checked Google Maps and it is showing a route as follows:

Pune --> Sangamner --> Nandur Shingote --> Chandwad --> Dhule --> Indore

Has anyone taken this route? If yes, can someone comment on the road conditions. Also, will this be a safe route to take after 6 pm in the evening?
For some reason G-Maps shows this route always, One wrong turn & You may land up on "When Google takes you places" thread.
If I can scream AVOID.. AVOID... AVOID...
I have done this once & my suggestion would be to avoid it. In-stead go to Nashik & join NH3 from there. Road is fantastic. Will take same or less time even with more KM's (three extra tolls). Enjoy your Hexa on 6 lane Nashik - Pimplegaon stretch & a lovely 4 lane thereafter, you wont regret.
If this is late in evening, better avoid, however no untowardly incidences are ever reported. One of the stretch has speed breakers at nearly every 100 Meters....
Farmers have dug up the road to take their water supply pipes across the roads & turn that to a speed breaker...

(f going by G-Maps) Lasalgaon railway crossing can easily eat up your 20-30 minutes. I was stuck there for 40 minutes sharp when I took it

Regards,
Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 26th February 2018 at 18:21.
saurabh2711 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 08:18   #252
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks, any updates or recent experiences of the road conditions on the Pune - Indore/Bhopal route?
Keen to know if the Ahmadnagar bypass section is improved or is it still suggested to enter the city?
I have done 2 Pune-Bhopal trips in the past and planning to take another one shortly.
Old 23rd October 2018, 02:10   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Hi folks, any updates or recent experiences of the road conditions on the Pune - Indore/Bhopal route?
Keen to know if the Ahmadnagar bypass section is improved or is it still suggested to enter the city?
I have done 2 Pune-Bhopal trips in the past and planning to take another one shortly.
I did the Indore - Pune - Indore in July'18. But I went via Nashik.

While going to Pune it was just me & wife. Started at 6AM & reached at 3:30PM with a 10 minutes fuel & bio break.
The Nashik - Pune highway was almost completely 4-laned at that time except between Narayangaon & Rajgurunagar where its still 2 lane same old road but not too bad.
And no traffic once outside the Nashik/Sinnar city limits. After Rajgurunagar, there was some moving traffic but since it was around 2PM so no commuters' jams. This was my experience, just putting it out there if someone wants to check this route. I'm sure many would be taking this route.

Going back to Indore, took the same route, this time my in-laws were also with me, so went at a sedate pace with lots of food/bio/sightseeing breaks.
Old 23rd October 2018, 07:59   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApriliaNut View Post

Going back to Indore, took the same route, this time my in-laws were also with me, so went at a sedate pace with lots of food/bio/sightseeing breaks.

I have went twice by this Nashik-Pune route, I found the road & traffic condition from Narayangaon towards Pune (till you reach the 4 lane again) pathetic (unendingly long line of cars trying to overtake, trucks, buses, two wheelers, narrow city road and what not). Both the time I travelled on week days. Just for this stretch of road I would avoid taking this route. Also, to add to the injury the road from Nashik to Sinnar also had huge jams due to 4-lane construction with absolutely no traffic sense among any drivers.
Old 26th October 2018, 12:23   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApriliaNut View Post

While going to Pune it was just me & wife. Started at 6AM & reached at 3:30PM with a 10 minutes fuel & bio break.
The Nashik - Pune highway was almost completely 4-laned at that time except between Narayangaon & Rajgurunagar where its still 2 lane same old road but not too bad.
And no traffic once outside the Nashik/Sinnar city limits. After Rajgurunagar, there was some moving traffic but since it was around 2PM so no commuters' jams. This was my experience, just putting it out there if someone wants to check this route. I'm sure many would be taking this route.

Thanks for the response. Was this the first time that you took the Nashik route, or are you accustomed to this, from your past journeys?
Reason to check - I have personally never taken this Nashik route (have preferred the Ahmednagar detour) and found people not really suggesting it either on this forum and elsewhere.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks