Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2018, 12:30   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Hi folks, any updates or recent experiences of the road conditions on the Pune - Indore/Bhopal route?
Keen to know if the Ahmadnagar bypass section is improved or is it still suggested to enter the city?
I have done 2 Pune-Bhopal trips in the past and planning to take another one shortly.
Just checking again with folks if anyone has taken the Pune-Ahmednagar-Indore/Bhopal route recently? How is the Ahmednagar bypass condition of late, especially post monsoons?
Old 26th October 2018, 13:57   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just checking again with folks if anyone has taken the Pune-Ahmednagar-Indore/Bhopal route recently? How is the Ahmednagar bypass condition of late, especially post monsoons?
Avoid the bypass. This is one road that has been in super bad state since at least 4 years now. No signs of repair unless someone has to share the good news. Better off driving through the the city.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 12:47   #258

Quote:
Hi folks, any updates or recent experiences of the road conditions on the Pune - Indore/Bhopal route?
Keen to know if the Ahmadnagar bypass section is improved or is it still suggested to enter the city?
I have done 2 Pune-Bhopal trips in the past and planning to take another one shortly.
Ahmadnagar bypass is still in a sorry state, would suggest to get through the city. Pune-Indore-Bhopal route overall is super, you might get slightly rough roads once your cross Yeola and you hit Malegaon (or AB road) but nothing troublesome I would say. Going through the Manmad city might be a little irritating also.

Enjoy the trip and keep us posted on your experience.

Cheers!
saksenarohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 09:47   #259
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, did the Pune - Bhopal - Pune trip in the last week of Dec'18.

Charted this route for the journey:-

Name:  Pune Bhopal route.PNG
Views: 4302
Size:  189.6 KB

Avoided the Ahmednagar bypass and instead went through the city, kept the Tarakpur bus stand as the interim city landmark for the diversion:-

Name:  Tarakpur bus stand.PNG
Views: 2757
Size:  118.6 KB

Travelogue posted here for reference.

Saved a lot of time by taking this city diversion and since it was early morning, there was hardly any traffic encountered.
JoshMachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 17:21   #260
BHPian

I came to Indore from Pune just before the COVID-19 lock down.
Followed following route:
Pune -> Shirdi -> Malegaon -> sendhwa -> Indore.

All roads are in good condition, I traveled on Monday, faced no traffic any where, even on tolls.
Started at 05:30 AM and reached home at 02:30 PM.
Old 1st August 2020, 11:54   #261
BHPian

I am planning to drive from Pune to Indore sometime in August to meet parents and take care of some long pending pre-Covid work at home. I got my car 10 months back and the longest I've driven is 100 Kms. Although I've done 300-350 kms on motorcycle in a day, even for consecutive days. So I'll be doing 500+ kms in a day in a car for the first time. Any pointers?
Old 1st August 2020, 12:20   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphodb View Post
the longest I've driven is 100 Kms. ... So I'll be doing 500+ kms in a day in a car for the first time. Any pointers?
If this is your first time driving long distance, I would suggest you take it easy. In case mental fatigue/exhaustion sets in, there is no shame in taking a break.

Also might be a good idea to be prepared for non FASTag compliant toll booths. If you need to pay explicitly, prefer to pay contactless (BHIM/GPay etc) when required. Carry a sanitizer (for debit/credit card) as well as a plastic bag (in case you receive any currency back).

Drive safe and enjoy your journey!
RedTerrano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 09:40   #263
BHPian

Any update on Ahmednagar Bypass?
Old 2nd August 2020, 13:04   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphodb View Post
I am planning to drive from Pune to Indore sometime in August
Carry good Music with you, the road between Indore and Pune is quite dull and boring. Since this will be your first long drive, I suggest you to travel in day light.

On fastag: if you don't have it yet, and have time, then get one. I drove Indore-Malegaon-Indore last thursday, and saw vehicles were asked to turn back from fastag lanes as they did not have it. If you are going to travel without fastag, then you should know that only the left most lane on highways is accepting cash ( at least between Indore and Malegaon).

Enjoy the drive.
INJAXN is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 21:38   #265
BHPian

Hello - Planning diwali trip. Are there any updates on post monsoon road conditions? Which is better Pune - Nagar- Indore or Pune - Chakan - Indore?
Old 9th November 2020, 14:57   #266
BHPian

Hey everyone. Did anyone undertake the Indore - Pune trip via. Dhule, Malegaon recently ? How is the road condition ? thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 11:08   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Hey everyone. Did anyone undertake the Indore - Pune trip via. Dhule, Malegaon recently ? How is the road condition ? thanks
Will be leaving for Indore from Pune tomorrow early morning. Planning to take Pune - Nasik - Dhule - Indore route. Actually this route is almost 35 kms longer than the one google maps show, but the road condition is good.
Google maps show a route which diverts from 20 kms after Sangamner and re-joins the Agra highway at Chandwad.
I will update once I have travelled.

Cheers,
AB
coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 13:50   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
Google maps show a route which diverts from 20 kms after Sangamner and re-joins the Agra highway at Chandwad.
I will update once I have travelled.

Cheers,
AB
Hi AB,

Avoid the Google suggested route, neither is the time difference great nor are the roads anything worth talking about, better to go through Nasik!

Cheers,
Trojan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 12:21   #269
BHPian

Hello Guys.
Started from Pune ( Nigdi Pradhikaran ) at 5.30 AM. Took Nasik -Dhule - Sendhwa route.
The route is excellent. Barring a bad diversion patch ahead of Nasik city near Ozar, the road condition is good. One has to be alert though, as there are unexpected potholes in otherwise an excellent tarmac. There are speed interceptor vans at multiple locations, one before Sangamner and another one just before the MH-MP border.
Stopped for coffee at Shell bunk just after Nasik city. Got a very good filter coffee there. The restrooms are very clean too. Started from Nasik at 9.15 AM. Reached Indore at 2.45 PM. Never exceeded 110kmph, but was a non stop drive with only one stop. Fastag worked like a charm with dedicated lanes.
Tanked up after reaching Indore and got a milage of around 21.5. The car was my FIL's Ameo DSG diesel.

Cheers
AB
coriollis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 14:56   #270
BHPian

I travelled from Pune to Bhopal mid November using the Ahmednagar - Shirdi - Malegaon - Dhule route. The road from Ahmednagar to Kopargaon is in very bad shape and should be avoided. There are big craters that pop out of nowhere throughout the route. Gets better after you cross Kopargaon and once you hit AH47 at Malegaon, its a breeze.

One should take the Nashik Road instead which as per a couple of friends who travelled is in good shape.
TechLiveMANA is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks