Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2013, 13:23   #76
BHPian

re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Thanks a lot bhavtol. This information is very very useful. I hope there are many good petrol pumps along the route also
Apart from CNG Pumps, Petol, Diesel and LPG Pumps are available at entire route.

LPG Pumps Between Pune and Indore are at

a. Ahmednagar
b. Rahta , 10 Kms Just before Shirdi - Reliance
c. Yeola, 35 Kms Just after Shirdi - Super Gas
d. Dhulia, On the Byepass/Highway itself - Aegis
e. Sirpur - On the Highway, just after toll - Aegis

CNG Pumps i am afraid i lack either the Information about it. However since i drive a LPG vehicle, i keep a keep eye out for the Alternative fuel pumps and i am sure that i didnt see any enroute.
bhavtol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 15:56   #77
BHPian

Planning a trip North (first Amritsar and beyond afterwards) from Bangalore in Mid Aug-already done the Bang-Pune-Mumbai (fantastic directions for bypassing Mumbai by HVK) -Guj and onto Rajasthan.

Read this thread threadbare-want to follow different route so thinking of halting at Pune (first night) and then on to Pithampur, bypassing Indore (suggest a night halt after Indore) onto to Chittogarh -Ajmer/Jaipur -Abhor-Fazilka/ferozpur-Amritsar.
Please advice on the route from Pune to Pithampur (Indore);-

a) Pune- Ahmednagar-Auranagabad-Dhule
b) Pune-NH 50-bypass Nashik -NH3-onto Indore
c) Pune-Sangamer-Manmad-Malegaon.

Will be covering anything between 750 to 850 kms a day-so please suggest stops after Pune.

Jude

Last edited by Judemayne : 11th July 2013 at 16:11. Reason: slight mistake
Old 11th July 2013, 17:20   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post

Will be covering anything between 750 to 850 kms a day-so please suggest stops after Pune.

Jude
My vote is for Nagar-Aurangabad-Dhule,better roads.

You can consider staying at Ratlam.

http://hotelajantapalace.com/ is a good place and a friend of mine stayed there during his Delhi-Hyd drive and has advised it to be a very good place.Pune Ratlam can be easily done in a day's drive.If you dont want to drive to Ratlam in a day,then you could divert to Mhow am sure you should be able to find yourself accomodation there
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 17:47   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Please advice on the route from Pune to Pithampur (Indore);-

Jude
Hi there,

From Pune to Indore the best route is -
-Pune-Ahemadnagar-shirdi-kopargoan-malegaon chowkdi

-From Malegaon Chowkdi turn towards Pithampur (Right side) its 4-laned till Indore.

-If diverting for ratlam, do not go till pithampur. Approx 30 kms before pithampur on your left at the village of manpur you will find the 4-laned route to Ratlam/Chittorgarh marked clearly.

-Take that and you route should be - Manpur-Lebad-Badnawar-Ratlam and henceforth. Its 4-laned till ratlam with only some kms in between manpur-lebad (When you are on NH 59) which is bad.

Stay options at Indore would be great and so will be the food.

Executive Class- Hotel Shreemaya
Business Class (but in city) - Lemon Tree/ Ginger
Luxury Class - Hotel Radission/ Fortune Landmark // Sayaji
Other Class - millions and zillions of options

We got tonnes of dharmshalas too .

So enjoy the rains.
bhavtol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 18:40   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

We had taken the Aurangabad-Dhule-Indore route 3 months back and the roads all the way were in excellent condition.

The only place we slowed down than usual was on Kannad Ghats after Aurangabad which was due to heavy truck traffic but very disciplined to say the least.
Old 17th July 2013, 12:55   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
We had taken the Aurangabad-Dhule-Indore route 3 months back and the roads all the way were in excellent condition.

The only place we slowed down than usual was on Kannad Ghats after Aurangabad which was due to heavy truck traffic but very disciplined to say the least.
Dear Parag,

Take it that you started from Bangalore?? which route did you take till A/Bad from Bangalore?
Old 17th July 2013, 15:18   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Parag,

Take it that you started from Bangalore?? which route did you take till A/Bad from Bangalore?
Yes, We started from Bangalore at 7PM, reached Pune at 6AM and after meeting a friend at Nagar road, we continued for Aurangabad and spent an hour at my sister's place, freshened up and then drove to Indore via Kannad Ghat and Dhule.

The Pune route is the most preferred route for me since the past 5+ years ever since I have been driving to Aurangabad.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 15:31   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Parag,

In Mhow,Colonel's Hotel Uphaar is a reccomended place.A friend reccomended this recently.https://plus.google.com/100411086096...ut?gl=in&hl=en
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 16:01   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
In Mhow,Colonel's Hotel Uphaar is a reccomended place.A friend reccomended this recently.https://plus.google.com/100411086096...ut?gl=in&hl=en
Thank you Ranjit-will be asking for advice more closer to our date of travel-15 Aug, please.
Was in MHOW twice so will skip it and intending stopping at Ratlam??? if we can make it from Pune-should be no issues?? Making Pune, from Bangalore (done it twice before), the same day-will be staying with my colleague. Any place before Ratlam to stay for the night-if it gets too dark-nowadays avoid travelling after 7 or 8 pm. early 5.30 6 am start from Pune even earlier if you recommend.
Old 17th July 2013, 16:37   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if we can make it from Pune-should be no issues??

Quote:
Any place before Ratlam to stay for the night-if it gets too dark-nowadays avoid travelling after 7 or 8 pm. early 5.30 6 am start from Pune even earlier if you recommend.
Before Ratlam IMO,Indore is the only place to stay.

The other option is if you are ready to take a small detour of approximately 15kms from Dhamnod,then you can stay at Maheshwar and see the magnificent Narmada from atop the Maheshwar/Ahilya fort.(capital of the Holkars-Ahilyabai Holkar).The Ahilya Fort is a hotel now and you can consider staying there if budget permits,else the MP Tourism's Narmada Retreat is average as well for a night(no personal experience). http://www.mptourism.com/web/explore/accomodation.aspx

http://goo.gl/maps/zdCkG
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 17:03   #86
BHPian

Re: Bombay-Indore: Advice required on route choice

I am planning driving to Indore from Bombay. Can someone help me the latest situation of the route? Is the regular highway in good condition; any detours I must take and the overall situation?

And also some reliable petrol bunks enroute. I will be in my Alto.

I am planning to drive around the 25th this month (only if my group is ready).

Thanks in advance.

Travelwriter

Last edited by travelwriter : 8th August 2013 at 17:05. Reason: Seeking more info
Old 8th August 2013, 19:24   #87
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bombay-Indore: Advice required on route choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
I am planning driving to Indore from Bombay. Can someone help me the latest situation of the route? Is the regular highway in good condition; any detours I must take and the overall situation?

And also some reliable petrol bunks enroute. I will be in my Alto.

I am planning to drive around the 25th this month (only if my group is ready).

Thanks in advance.

Travelwriter
Fully 4-laned, excellent road all the way.
Facilities are not great (for food), although there are plenty of petrol pumps.
Expect to take 10-12 hours for the drive.
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 15:22   #88
BHPian

I am planning for a Pune Indore trip this weekend, I understand the best route would be the below :
Home - Ahemadnagar-Shirdi - Kopargoan- Malegaon - Malegaon -Dhule - Indore - 624 kms

But I am trying to find out how would this route be ? Would prefer this route since I could pickup a few relativesd from Khandwa. I would also like to know about the facilities and safety on this route.

Pune - Ahmednagar- Aurangabad - Sillod - Jalgaon - Bhusawal - Burhanpur - Khandwa - Indore
Old 13th August 2013, 17:00   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy.tripathy View Post
I am planning for a Pune Indore trip this weekend, I understand the best route would be the below :
But I am trying to find out how would this route be ? Would prefer this route since I could pickup a few relativesd from Khandwa. I would also like to know about the facilities and safety on this route.

Pune - Ahmednagar- Aurangabad - Sillod - Jalgaon - Bhusawal - Burhanpur - Khandwa - Indore
The route could be Pune - Ahmadnagar - Aurangabad - Pahur - Jamner - Bodwad - Muktainagar - Burhanpur - Indore. The roads are usually good. But the roads beyond Aurangabad upto Burhanpur could also be in not so good shape now. Burhanpur to Indore is usually good since it is a toll road. I have taken this route 4-5 times during the day and have not had any safety issues. There are not many facilities once you cross Aurangabad & Ajanta. So better to carry enough food with you. You can fill up the car at Aurangabad.
Old 14th August 2013, 19:01   #90
BHPian

Thanks pjbiju ... For the onward journey I will be taking the first route, NH3 via Dhule. I will use this route (via Burhanpur) on my return journey. Preferring this route on return due to safety concerns as I would have enough daylight to cover the first leg. Will update the road conditions once I reach Pune.

Most Viewed