Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 14:51   #1
BHPian

Upcoming diwali break - advise on weekend trip

Hi Everyone,

Am intending to take a break from Delhi for about 4 days during Diwali this year. Wanted advise on some isolated hill stations to visit. I will tell you the places I have already been, so not going to these places right now. Shimla is also out since I will be visiting Shimla during newyears time this year.

1. Mussorie; 2. Shimla; 3. Kufri; 4. Kasauli; 5. Chakrata; 6. Kanasar; 7. Kalsi; 8. Bhimtal; 9. Naukuchiyatal; 10. Nainital; 11. Binsar; 12. Ranikhet.

Places should not be crowded with loads of tourists like Nainital and Mussorie. Could be around 400km from Delhi but reacheable within 8-10 hours. But I would definetely like it to be at a high altitude with only mountains and forest around. Would be driving my ford fiesta 1.6S accompanied by wife.

I was thinking of dalhousie, lansdowne, dharamshala etc, but these places would be a little too far to drive down in one day I think.

How is Ramgarh? Has anyone visited this place? How long would it take to drive and are there decent hotels? I know of the ramgarh bunglow, but it would be a bit expensive right now. Anything in the range of 2.5-3.5K per night?

Any suggestions anyone? Pics of places suggested would be really helpful.

Regards,

Sourav Kanti
Old 6th September 2009, 02:16   #2
BHPian

Dear Sourav,

Go to the Jim Corbett national park if you've not been there before. You should put up in Ramnagar as that is where I halted long ago

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks