Team-BHP - Pune to Velankanni to Kodaikanal or Ooty
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Pune to Velankanni to Kodaikanal or Ooty (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/64897-pune-velankanni-kodaikanal-ooty.html)

Dear Team,

The travel bug has bitten me again and my wifey and I are planning to go on a two week long road trip to Velankanni Church and then to Kodaikanal or Ooty. I have driven to Velankanni once from Tvm. But Kodai and Ooty are new for me. I have visited those places many times, but never got the opportunity to drive!

I am planning to leave tomorrow from Pune by 3am. I am an early starter, so it should not be a problem. The route I have in my mind is ; Pune - Hubli - Hosur - Salem - Madurai - Nagapattinam - Velankanni. Where should I ideally plan my night halt? I don't want to drive after 7pm.

I do not want to touch Bangalore. The last time I travelled, last year August, Abhi ji and HVK ji guided me perfectly via Sarjapur. Any updates on the route or any new byepasses? I am a bit confused after Hosur.

I intend to spend two days in Velankanni. I intend to take the following route to Kodai. Velankanni - Madurai - Coimbatore - Palani - Vattalagundu - Kodai. Is this route correct? Please advise.

I would also like to add that I have stayed in Vattalagundu, when I went alone to Kodai and Ooty, via Munnar and Vandiperiyar, as a back packer, during my college days. I remember doing the entire trip with 2000 bucks!

My wifey has never been to Ooty. So I really want to take her there also. Please guide me on the route from Kodai to Ooty and then from Ooty to Pune.

From Ooty, I believe I have to come back to Coimbatore and then to Salem and onwards to Pune.

Team, please help me in route planning and also help me with hotels.

My Chevy is getting a new Goodyear shoes tomorrow, before the journey! I could squeeze out 75500 kilometres from the worn out tyre! It had just two punctures! I had the other tyres rotated and balanced. Any other precautions to be taken?

Thank you,
Chevy Lover

Chevy lover,
Salem - Madurai - Nagapattinam - Velankanni is too much of a roundabout.You are coming all the way down south to Madurai and again heading north.

I think the correct route from Salem would be Salem - Aatur - Perambalur - Ariyalur - Thiruvaiyaru - Tanjore - Needamangalam - Thiruvarur - Velankanni.

Also for going to Kodikanal,the route you have mentioned is not the correct one.The route that comes to my mind is Velankanni - Tanjore - Trichy - Dindigul - Palani - Kodai or you can try Dindigul - Vatalakundu - Kodai.

Assuming you have a 3AM start from Pune,I think you can easily hit Salem by 7PM.I would suggest you stay at Salem.

Send a PM to hvk sir and get his expert opinions

Thanks a lot Jraj.

I think your route is shorter. Can someone guide me on the route from Hosur to Salem? I am a bit confused about this.