Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2009, 13:56   #31
BHPian

Yes you can do it

Zen has excellent engine, pickup, and power.If the car is maintained well, you will not have any problem.(via Masinagudi) If you are not confident, take route via Gudalur .
B.R.S.Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2009, 22:29   #32
BHPian

Go via Gudalur, did the stretch a couple of months back, seems the road was re-tarred recently. At least I can assure you till Tamilnadu border.

Zen will be fine, first time I did Ooty was on a 100CC bike, with a pillion rider who was 110KGs heavy.

Use good judgment while negotiating the bends, specially when other vehicles are nearby. Lower gear will save most of the trouble, and rest you can handle yourself with a careful approach.
KishoreC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2009, 13:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

I had a 2000 Carb Zen which did some amazing runs in the himalayas with full complement of passengers and luggage. Never had any issues except a few times when the passengers were offloaded to traverse over the stones in a freshly cut mountain trail to a village called Utpalta in Uttrakhand. But then the effort was worth every drop of sweat as the villagers were amazed that a zen made it to the top. Another chap in his indica followed me up but had to abandon his effort after after he skidded off road and the car got caught on the road legde and they all had to be pulled out and the car too pushed and shoved back onto the road with the Zen once again lending a helping pull.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2009, 10:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

We went to Ooty the last weekend in a Swift D & a Zen. Didn't have any problems at all in negotiating the Kalhatti ghats. You can surely make it. Just make sure you change gears at the right times so that you don't stall while climbing the inclines.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed