Team-BHP - Ooty Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Ooty Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/65203-ooty-queries.html)

Hi All,

I have been reading Team-BHP from past one year but never registered and posted anything. I just recently registered to be one among T-Bhpians.

We (4 Friends) have planned to trip Ooty on Sept 11 to Sept 13 on Santro Xing. Though i have been to Ooty more than 6 times i am already bored of visiting same crowded places like Botanical Garden, Lake, Sims Park, Suicide Point and other famous tourists places, So i wanted this trip to be different. I request everyone to suggest places for me which are quite & have very good scenery.
Please help me!!

As of now our plans goes like this

Sept 11 - Leave Bangalore around 6AM, reach Ooty through Masinagudi around 2-3 PM.
Sept 12 - (Please help in deciding which places to visit)
Sept 13 - Morning visit few places, have lunch and head back home before 5PM.

Thanks in Advance
Pramod

Go to a place called devashola (Palaniappa Estate) it is around 35-40 Kms from Ooty. It has got nice scenery and no pblic at all.

Mod - Unable to edit the previous post.

Please go through this to get a better idea.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...devashola.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRV2010 (Post 1475960)
Though i have been to Ooty more than 6 times i am already bored of visiting same crowded places like Botanical Garden, Lake, Sims Park, Suicide Point and other famous tourists placesThanks in Advance
Pramod

I would suggest not going to Ooty at all. Masinagudi is an excellent place. Quite removed from the crowds that throng Ooty. There a many amazing resorts just outside the village. With friends around you can have a blast of time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullinb (Post 1476189)
I would suggest not going to Ooty at all. Masinagudi is an excellent place. Quite removed from the crowds that throng Ooty. There a many amazing resorts just outside the village. With friends around you can have a blast of time.

thank you bullinb however we will be heading to Masinagudi again during october first week from our company so it wouldn't be a good idea going to Masinagudi now.

Any idea of places around coonoor ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordy (Post 1476165)
Go to a place called devashola (Palaniappa Estate) it is around 35-40 Kms from Ooty. It has got nice scenery and no pblic at all.

thank you Fordy, I will try to visit Devashola...
thanks for the thread, it look awesome..

Pykara is excellent, and so is botanical gardens. Also that Dolphins Peak, Wellington stretch, and that highest peak. Generally, Ooty was perhaps the best hill station I visited (in terms of memories, general ambience, and people).

Food is quite good at Nahar and quite cheap too. These places can be covered in 1-2 days though suggest you to have a picnic at Botanical Gardens and/or Pykara.

suggest visiting Pykara. Also just after you clear the kalhatti ghats, you will reach indunagar where the Hindustan photo films factory is situated. You can take the roads that lead to the quarters and you will hit a nice little lake there which is an extension of the 6th mile. If you have a fishing rod then its a good spot for fishing. The pine forest on the other side of the lakes are also good. Apart from that you might also want to visit kotagiri and there are quite a lot of other places such as archedine which is towards kattery side. But suggest you get to ooty and ask some localite and he will be able to better suggest.

I've been to Ooty numerous times, and have found the main town extremely crowded, noisy and dirty every time without exception. However, I once visited this place called Red Hills (Avalanchi). You get to it via Pykara lake, and it was a bit of a challenging drive in parts with steep inclines and rough roads (had done it in a zen with 6 ppl.) but definitely worth it in the end!

Coonor will be a better place, try out the homestays, taj, kurumba resort etc. You can try to catch some wildlife and there are some terrific views around the place

thank you vasudeva, Rotorhead, gadadhar, ajitkommini for the help & suggestions

I am in Ooty now and will be visiting Coonoor, Pykara Lake and Red Hills for tomorrow. We are staying a good reasonable cottage near Doddabetta peak.

Try out Glen Morgan estate and the tramway , it might be too late to get permission though for the tramway trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRV2010 (Post 1478750)
thank you vasudeva, Rotorhead, gadadhar, ajitkommini for the help & suggestions

I am in Ooty now and will be visiting Coonoor, Pykara Lake and Red Hills for tomorrow. We are staying a good reasonable cottage near Doddabetta peak.

Hey CRV can you share some details about the cottage? what kind of place and costs? Thank you!

Try exploring hidden valley near wellington. A small stream where you can walk up the entire stream. Also Droog and the Selas side make up for very good scenic spots. These are not touristic.
Kodanad view point near Kotagiri is also quite picturesque.

While returning you can have a quick visit to Himavad gopalaswamy betta, near Gundlupete. Beautiful place indeed.
Regards and take care.