Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 19:00   #1
BHPian

Hotels info required in Shimla, Mcloedgunj and Amritsar

Bhp-ians,
My Mom and Dad would be visiting Delhi-Shimla-Mcloedgunj-Amritsar-Delhi (would this Sequence be the best??) in the second week of October this year. Could you please suggest hotels in Shimla,Mcloedgunj and Amritsar.

Requirements as below :

1) Room rent Rs 1500/night (Max).
2) At Shimla - On the Mall or very near to the Mall in Shimla. Mom has knee problems and cannot stress too much (steps,incline etc). - 3 Nights
3) At Mcloedgunj - Near to 'places of interest' . Or do you suggest accomodations in Dharamshala?? 2 NIghts
4) At Amritsar : Near to the Golden temple. 2 Nights

They are renting a car for this whole trip.

Thanks guys.
Old 11th September 2009, 23:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

I am hoping my t-logue would help you with details:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...delhi-hyd.html

2days @ Mcleodganj is waste of time assuming that your parents r going there just to see the places of interest(which is just the Nangyal Monastery).just a night's stay at palampur or Kangra or Dharamshala should be ok.mahindra has a nice place to stay at dharamshala.you could source the details from their website.

make sure the driver takes your parents to wagah as well as to Amritsar.

also as for the query for mall road,your parents could opt for the mall road lift in case the steps/inclines are a problem.just a piece of info thats all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzire2Travel View Post
Bhp-ians,
My Mom and Dad would be visiting Delhi-Shimla-Mcloedgunj-Amritsar-Delhi (would this Sequence be the best??) in the second week of October this year. Could you please suggest hotels in Shimla,Mcloedgunj and Amritsar.

Requirements as below :

1) Room rent Rs 1500/night (Max).
2) At Shimla - On the Mall or very near to the Mall in Shimla. Mom has knee problems and cannot stress too much (steps,incline etc). - 3 Nights
3) At Mcloedgunj - Near to 'places of interest' . Or do you suggest accomodations in Dharamshala?? 2 NIghts
4) At Amritsar : Near to the Golden temple. 2 Nights

They are renting a car for this whole trip.

Thanks guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks