Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2009, 22:46   #1
BHPian

Weekly updates on Highways near Bangalore

Hi Guys. I have an old habit of roaming around Bangalore on weekends, mostly without any specific destinations. I keep finding and trying roads I didn't know before.

I am starting this thread to post updates on my weekly travel. This will let me update road conditions and new routes explored recently without creating new threads.

Let me start with my today's update:

Route Traveled : Bangalore - Maddur - Malavalli - Kanakpura - Bangalore
Useful to People traveling to : Shivanasamudram, Gaganchukki - Bharachukki, Talakkad, Sangam, Mekedatu

Bangalore - Kanakpura - Good, some places have potholes after recent rain.
Kanakpura - Malavalli - Except a small stretch(0.5 KM) near Malvalli which was under construction, the major portion of the road has been tarred recently. Road was very smooth and drive enjoyable with ghats and GREEN fields.
Malavalli - Maddur - This stretch has decayed considerably and have several potholed and patchy stretches. Also this route is almost always full of Crane pulling Bullock carts. You will find already crushed cane on the whole stretch.

For people travelling from Bangalore to Shivasamudram or nearby areas, for the time being going through Kanakpura is another option. The Kanakpura - Malavalli stretch has been almost fully repaired now.
Old 20th September 2009, 11:37   #2
BHPian

Bangalore - Hoskote - Chintamani - Madanpalle

This week I took to some local roads to Tirupati. Hope this update helps people traveling from bangalore to Turupati, Vijaywada and Vishakhapattanam

Route Traveled : Bangalore - Hoskote - Chintamani - Madanpalle - (Midway to Pileru) - Madanpalle - Kolar - Bangalore

Useful to People traveling to : Tirupati, Vijaywada, Vizag

Bangalore - Hoskote - NH4 condition slowly improving. It's not as bad as it was couple of months back. Some of the deeply excavated areas have been filled up, but still the road remains chaotic. Better avoided. ALternate route could be through Whitefield - Whitefield Railway Station - Hoskote.

Hoskote - Chintamani - This road is narrow but good. Traffic is very less and one can maintain a speed of 80KMPH. There is one road diversion for construction.

Chintamani - Madanpalle - This stretch Has recently been tarred. So excellent road surface, and lot of scenery as well. Beware of going into the Chintamani Town. It's a mess in there, specially after the last couple of weeks of rain. Remember to take right at the fork around 5KM before Chintamani town.

Madanpalle - Pileru - Madanpalle is where you can connect to NH205 coming from Anantapur/Kurnool. You'll have to get into the city and take couple of turns to go towards Pileru. I guess it is Right, then left, then left and then right again.
Road condition improves after leaving the city. But beware of sudden humps and craters as there culvert work has been done along this road recently. Also, the road from Madanpalle is through mountains and less populated, so food/beverage break should be taken in Madanpalle rather than waiting for next town.

Madanpalle - Kolar - This road is horrible. The old potholes have become bigger and new potholes have been created everywhere by the recent rain. Better to avoid this stretch and make it to either Hoskote or Mulibagal to go to Chintamani/madanpalle.

Hope it helps people taking this route to Tirupati, Naidupeta and beyond.
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:06   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishoreC View Post
Madanpalle - Pileru - Madanpalle is where you can connect to NH205 coming from Anantapur/Kurnool. You'll have to get into the city and take couple of turns to go towards Pileru. I guess it is Right, then left, then left and then right again.
Directions to navigate Madanapalle are given here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...tml#post964520

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks