Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 16:47   #1
BHPian

Advice Needed: Hyderabad- Mumbai- Ahmedabad and beyond

Guys, need some help with my proposed travel. I am planning for this during the last weekend of this month, i.e., from 26th Sep to 4th Oct. Will be travelling with wife, using my Palio. I have to be in Ahmedabad on Monday the 28th, and have the rest of the days free to roam about. This is the tentative plan:

26th: Hyderabad to Mumbai, about ~750 kms. What is the preferred route? Guess I have two options- NH9 upto Pune and then NH4 to Mumbai, or take the Mohol-Pandharpur-Satara route to join NH4 at Satara. Also need a few suggestions on stay in Mumbai around the Highway. Mumbai as a waypoint is also flexible, so any other logical stop can also be considered.

27th: Mumbai to Ahmedabad, about 540 kms. Need directions from NH4 exit to NH8 preferably bypassing Mumbai traffic. Will be staying in Ahmedabad on 27th and 28th.

29th: Ahmedabad to Jodhpur, about 450 Kms. Route? Road conditions? Any nice places to visit en route, or around Ahmedabad? Am planning for Mount Abu on my way back from Jodhpur anyway, any other places I can club with it, still keeping it relaxed?

30th: In Jodhpur, relaxing at home.

1st, 2nd: Jodhpur to Mount Abu, ~320 kms. Route? Any suggestions for stay would be appreciated.

3rd, 4th: Mount Abu to Hyderabad. Retrace the route taken from Hyderabad.

Any better way to break up this journey? Only constraint is, have to be in Ahmedabad on or before Monday. Suggestions pls...
Old 16th September 2009, 16:58   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

That's a pretty long journey Anurag. I can see that out of those 9 days you will be inside your car 80% of the time
Old 16th September 2009, 17:01   #3
BHPian

Avi, just don't tell that to my wife and we should be good to go
Old 17th September 2009, 11:08   #4
BHPian

*BUMP*....no action yet?
Old 17th September 2009, 11:53   #5
BHPian

Anurag,

My answer will not be complete, but here it is, for whatever its worth!
If you take the Pune-Mumbai Expressway, you will land up on the Sion-Trombay Road in Chembur (a suburb). You can either,
i. take the Eastern Express Highway ( basically take a right from where the Sion-Trombay Road ends)to go to Thane and continue on the Ghodbunder Road ( bypassing Mumbai) and hit the NH8 and then proceed to Ahmedabad. This implies that you halt for the night ( my assumption) in a hotel in Thane.

ii. take the Sion-Dharavi road ( basically take a left from where the Sion-Trombay Road ends) and hit the Western Expressway and proceed straight as this expressay morphs into NH8 as you reach Dahisar.

The second route is more crowded at most times ( except at say 5-7 am) and had bad roads and traffic near the Dahisar check naka.

As to accommodation on the Western Express Highway, you'll fine lots of hotels near and opposite the domestic airport, starting from the 5 star Sahara Star ( bad food and service) down to 3/2/1 stars in Vile Parle East ( opposite the airport).

I hope this doesn't confuse you! If it does, please disregard!

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Guys, need some help with my proposed travel. I am planning for this during the last weekend of this month, i.e., from 26th Sep to 4th Oct. Will be travelling with wife, using my Palio. I have to be in Ahmedabad on Monday the 28th, and have the rest of the days free to roam about. This is the tentative plan:

26th: Hyderabad to Mumbai, about ~750 kms. What is the preferred route? Guess I have two options- NH9 upto Pune and then NH4 to Mumbai, or take the Mohol-Pandharpur-Satara route to join NH4 at Satara. Also need a few suggestions on stay in Mumbai around the Highway. Mumbai as a waypoint is also flexible, so any other logical stop can also be considered.

27th: Mumbai to Ahmedabad, about 540 kms. Need directions from NH4 exit to NH8 preferably bypassing Mumbai traffic. Will be staying in Ahmedabad on 27th and 28th.

29th: Ahmedabad to Jodhpur, about 450 Kms. Route? Road conditions? Any nice places to visit en route, or around Ahmedabad? Am planning for Mount Abu on my way back from Jodhpur anyway, any other places I can club with it, still keeping it relaxed?

1st, 2nd: Jodhpur to Mount Abu, ~320 kms. Route? Any suggestions for stay would be appreciated.

Any better way to break up this journey? Only constraint is, have to be in Ahmedabad on or before Monday. Suggestions pls...
Old 17th September 2009, 12:47   #6
BHPian

Quote:
*BUMP*....no action yet?
I can help you with the mumbai bypass thing.
Have a look at this GPS log for my bangalore to north bombay travel.
You can easily load this on google maps or google earth.

You can actually load this on google map and then calculate the exact distance from turn to turn.
Attached Files
File Type: kml merged.kml (260.3 KB, 499 views)
Old 17th September 2009, 12:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

Wow, what a way to go!
As regards Hyd to Mumbai, going via Satara would be too long. There is another route via Baramati that Ashishpallod had posted.
PM him for guidance.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:52   #8
BHPian

Hey thanks pkumar, will surely give this a dekko. Any places you can suggest for a night stay close to the highway?

Thanks Venu sir, will do.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:37   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks pkumar, will surely give this a dekko. Any places you can suggest for a night stay close to the highway?
The place where you hit NH8 perpendicularly, you would have to turn right here to join NH8 towards Ahmedabad.
Dont take right here, instead go left and after 4.5 kms or so, you would see a Hotel sunshine on the opposite side. Take U-turn to reach there. This place is just few hundred metes before the Dahisar toll plaza.
The phone number of this hotel is 02228453600.
I dont know the current rate, but you should get a double AC room at 2000/- or less. Please check availability before you go there.

IN the picture below, point 'A' is where you are coming on Godhbunder road and hit NH8 perpendicularly. And point 'B' is Hotel Sunshine.

Advice Needed: Hyderabad- Mumbai- Ahmedabad and beyond-untitled.jpg
Old 18th September 2009, 10:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Wow, what a way to go!
As regards Hyd to Mumbai, going via Satara would be too long. There is another route via Baramati that Ashishpallod had posted.
PM him for guidance.
@anurag,
look out for another post for route query in mumbai-hyd thread.
ranjitp1 had recently traveled on the route suggested by me and he had posted his feed back.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:38   #11
BHPian

Thanks Ashish, I looked through and found the alternate route suggested.

BTW guys, found another route through Aurangabad/ Dhule to go to Ahmedabad. Which one would be better in terms of roads/ traffic and distance wise?
Old 18th September 2009, 12:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1.HYD-BOM:I would recco the Baramati-Saswad-Kapurhol-NH4 route.Advantages:Entirely bypass the Pune traffic mess considering you would be reaching in the evening.I can pm you the details if needed,or else you could check the Hyd-Mum thread.

2.Instead of Mumbai you could consider staying at Pune on the Dehu Road Bypass as well.Theres a very good hotel called Pride Biznotel.Pune to Ahmedabad wouldnt take you more than 10hours.The main advantage of staying on Pune bypass is that you can start early and avoid the traffic mess at Mumbai and also you wouldnt lose out on time and patience which you would otherwise lose if you enter Mumbai in the evening.After 6pm entering Mumbai from the EW is pathetic.Best route would be to follow the signboards for Thane after the EW.Once you reach Thane ask for Ghodbunder road.At Ghodbunder junction,take a turn for Surat/Ahmedabad and you are now on NH8.This way you would bypass Mumbai traffic and Mumbai roads.

3.AMD-JDP:Road should be in good condition.We were intending to do this stretch last month,so go details from a friend who did this and he said its good.Avoid night driving as all the stretches are through plain deserts and with no inhabitation around.Rajasthan roads are by default very very good.One of the pluses of the previous government is what the general opinion is.

4.Instead of Mt.Abu why dont you consider Udaipur?It is any day better than Mt.Abu,much more to see as well.Mt.Abu is more or less like any other hill station.Of course you would know more considering home is @ JDP for you

OT:The route through Nasik is also equally good to reach AMD.Pune-Nasik-Surat-AMD(from surat you would join the NH8).

An equally good idea would be for you to PM Ramky.He stays in AMD and he is quite fluent with the Mumbai-bypass route to AMD.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW guys, found another route through Aurangabad/ Dhule to go to Ahmedabad. Which one would be better in terms of roads/ traffic and distance wise?
please pm to ramkya. he had done this route in the past.

for aurangabad route-
1] hyd-nizamabad-nanded-basmat-jintur-jalna-aurangabad-dhule-ahmdbd
2] hyd-nh9-omerga-naldurg-tuljapur-osmanabad-beed-aurangabad-dhule-onwards.
Old 18th September 2009, 13:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hai Anurag,

Attaching my logs of trip on this route, you'd find this useful, you can consider way back through Dhule.

You can also search for my travelogue on my trip and road conditions, happy searching

My answers to your questions in Bold.

Quote:

Take Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad, would be fastest, may be slightly longer.

I think already given by some members, clearly.

It's a straight forward run from Ahmedabd, Google it, you'd get, not complicated. Mount Abu is perfect on this route.

Any better way to break up this journey? Only constraint is, have to be in Ahmedabad on or before Monday.

When in Ahmedabad call me @ 09377203000, we can meet.

Suggestions pls...
Attached Files
File Type: xls Abad-clt-hyd- aur- jun08.xls (49.0 KB, 432 views)
Old 18th September 2009, 14:29   #15
BHPian

Thanks Ranjit and Ashish.

Thanks Ram as well. Will definitely give you a call when in AHD, and maybe we can catch a cuppa or something. Will stick to the Mumbai route while going, and may try the other route coming back. How is the situation now around Surat/ Ankleshwar town, the stretch which had a lot of traffic problems earlier? Problems ease out yet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks