Team-BHP - Shifting to Hyd
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Shifting to Hyd (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/65939-shifting-hyd.html)

Hi Guys,

I will be shifting to Hyd for 3 months on a project from Gurgaon. Due to the urgency I will have leave ASAP but I am thinking of getting my car shipped there. I have a couple of questions for the Hyd Bhpians.

- Do I need to get a NOC from Gurgaon for the shift?
- How harassing will it be to drive around there with HR number plates?
- Which is the best mover to use to transport the car, so that there is no damage to the car, and is not fiddled with too much.
- Is it at all a good idea for me to get my car shifted there for the 3 months, I just want it there, coz I can't imagine being without it. :)

Would appreciate if you could provide me some insight.

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazydriver84 (Post 1495183)
Hi Guys,

I will be shifting to Hyd for 3 months on a project from Gurgaon. Due to the urgency I will have leave ASAP but I am thinking of getting my car shipped there. I have a couple of questions for the Hyd Bhpians.

- Which is the best mover to use to transport the car, so that there is no damage to the car, and is not fiddled with too much.
- Is it at all a good idea for me to get my car shifted there for the 3 months, I just want it there, coz I can't imagine being without it. :)

Cheers.

Welcome to Hyderabad. The city of Nawabs and good food.
If you are a NonVeg then this is a city you will enjoy.

3 Months is too short a time for getting hassled.
Just keep some proof with you that you came into the city on so and so date.
While you may be stopped. showing proof like the transport papers is enough to get you out.

No idea on the movers.

I am assuming it will cost you atleast 30k for the transfer from and return to Delhi.
There are very decent cab services available in Hyderabad.
You can use them instead of the car shift.

Hey thanks bb.
Now I will definitely keep the transport papers with me.

Have been to hyd earlier, keep coming there frequently but never come there for sucha long time. And being there, I want to travel to the wonderful places I have been hearing about you guys visiting. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazydriver84 (Post 1495183)
Hi Guys,

Cheers.

For 3 months getting a NOC is not worth it,it would take you a month to get it going the proper channels:)just carry proof that the vehicle has just come in.It is not very harassing at Hyd for outside state vehicles.Avoid driving to the hotspots during month ends and month beginnings.

I have used Agarwal Packers and Movers and found them to be good.Make sure you insure your car with the movers,that way they are extra careful,movers always discourage you from insuring any parcel because then they would have to pay the damages and the insurance is 2% of the declared cost,so not much.

Well you could also drive to Hyd with the car if you have aroudn 2-3 days.It isnt that bad a drive especially considering that most sections are in very good shape now.It shouldnt take you more than 28-30 hours with rests and stops.

Thanks Ranjit,
Will definitely get in touch with the Agarwal Packers, any idea how I should approach them about insuring the car?
I would have definitely driven down, but am short of time right now. but I intend on driving back from hyd to del.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazydriver84 (Post 1495273)
Thanks Ranjit,
Will definitely get in touch with the Agarwal Packers, any idea how I should approach them about insuring the car?
I would have definitely driven down, but am short of time right now. but I intend on driving back from hyd to del.

Drive down to their office and give them the details and they would ask you if you are paying for the relocation or the office.The reason is if its office they jack up their rates.Yes everybody is out to make a fast buck,so make sure you tell them even if they dont ask you that its your personal relocation and they would tell you about the insurance and also discourage you.Its a set pattern with all the movers

I have PM-ed you some details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 1495282)
Drive down to their office and give them the details and they would ask you if you are paying for the relocation or the office.The reason is if its office they jack up their rates.Yes everybody is out to make a fast buck,so make sure you tell them even if they dont ask you that its your personal relocation and they would tell you about the insurance and also discourage you.Its a set pattern with all the movers

Thanks man.
Will do so.

Welcome to Hyderabad. As everyone said, getting a NOC for 3 months ain't worth it. You just may have to dodge cops for this period to ensure you wont cough up a fine..LOL

Jokes apart, just keep the papers that your here for a short visit and things will pan out good.

Another option is to drive down from Delhi, for a tbhpian it is not too far:).

Also where will you be staying in Hyderabad and where would be your office location?

Welcome to Hyderabad--the city of pearls and great food!

I think driving down is not a bad idea, if you have the inclination and a co-driver. My BIL shifted from Chennai to Hyd last year, and to my chargin, rejected my offer to drive down his car, and chose Agarwal Packers --which he'd done also when he shipped his car to Hyd when he went abroad in 2005.
But the car came 4 days beyond the stipulated date, and was damaged while unloading from the truck. It took 4 weeks and 25 K to get it fixed, and 2 months of running around for Agarwal Packers to pay up. Fortunately he was using my WagonR, else imagine the amount he would have had to spend on transport!
It's your call anyway.

bhai mere, call me sometime. You can go fully prepared from gurgaon to avoid any and every hassle :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 1495665)
bhai mere, call me sometime. You can go fully prepared from gurgaon to avoid any and every hassle :)

Zaroor sir, will do so, am definitely considering the option, its just that I have to leave for Hyd by tomorrow, and from ther am off to BLR, will be based out of Hyd for 3 months, so was thinking of getting the car shiifted. but after hearing the horror story, am now debating over it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1495578)
Welcome to Hyderabad--the city of pearls and great food!

I think driving down is not a bad idea, if you have the inclination and a co-driver. My BIL shifted from Chennai to Hyd last year, and to my chargin, rejected my offer to drive down his car, and chose Agarwal Packers --which he'd done also when he shipped his car to Hyd when he went abroad in 2005.
But the car came 4 days beyond the stipulated date, and was damaged while unloading from the truck. It took 4 weeks and 25 K to get it fixed, and 2 months of running around for Agarwal Packers to pay up. Fortunately he was using my WagonR, else imagine the amount he would have had to spend on transport!
It's your call anyway.

Holy. Ok now you have put me in a fix, now am again back to debating mode. hmm, lets c what is finalized. if need be, i'll come down on eweekend to take it with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1495522)
Welcome to Hyderabad. As everyone said, getting a NOC for 3 months ain't worth it. You just may have to dodge cops for this period to ensure you wont cough up a fine..LOL

Jokes apart, just keep the papers that your here for a short visit and things will pan out good.

Another option is to drive down from Delhi, for a tbhpian it is not too far:).

Also where will you be staying in Hyderabad and where would be your office location?

Trust me if I had the time I would luv to take it down, i know its not more than 32 hrs of driving with rest and stops. My office is the Omega bldg. and will be staying at the guest house. The other factor which is stopping me from dirving down is that I have no company for the drive. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazydriver84 (Post 1495729)
My office is the Omega bldg. and will be staying at the guest house.

Now where the heck is this building?

@mobik008 Omega bldg is in Hyderabad . Sorry couldnt resist. LOL.
Krazydriver84 - have a good trip and pleasant stay in HYD.

Krazy, you are really crazy. :D What is omega building mate?
Ok, let me take a guess... do you work for Google by any chance?

@Zappo: Bingo! :P

Figured out that Omega bldg is the one opposite the Satyam Bldg. :)
Sorry about the confusion guys.

Bad news, wasn't able to get the car down, coz got caught up in some work.
So what's the latest here?