Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:13   #1
BHPian

From NCR to where? Need guidance from team

Team,
I need a break from hectic and mechanical life of city. I am planning a trip with my 3 yrs old daughter and wife. The trip would be of no more than 5 days and I would be taking my Altis, as my ride.
Now the question where?
I need a quiet place, which touch nature. The path to the place should be a road which can be handled with my ride and yes least jam if possible.
So come'on team tell me if i am dreaming or if this can be true!
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:29   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

My vote: Sitlakhet/Ranikhet/Joshimath/Binsar - In short Garwhal region. Half day drive to most of places and then complete rest for three days. Surrounded by nature. Walks and chai dhaba's. Slow pace of life. Just what the doc ordered. ;-)

Last edited by sudev : 22nd September 2009 at 12:30.
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:30   #3
Team-BHP Support

My vote goes to Tirthan. I went there in the indica. BTW you can read my triplog and decide (And quiet flows the Tirthan)
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:32   #4
BHPian

Go to Chail via Ambala>Kalka>Kandaghat. It is a quiet place nestled in dense forests with excellent roads all the way to the location and ahead. On the way back come via Kufri>Shimla>Solan
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

My vote is for Ranikhet, At the max its a seven hour drive. Dont know the road conditions now after the rain.

Or You could go to the Kangra valley. Just went there last week. We had an amazingly quiet and a relaxing time.
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:00   #6
BHPian

Lansdowne - approx 300 kms
Nothing much to do except laze around, go to nearby temples etc
v. quite place
a good weekend getaway
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:08   #7
Team-BHP Support

Jimmy here is the route/itenary suggestion.
There are 2 ways to do this.
. Combine it with manali or combine it with Shimla side
you have 5 days
1. Delhi - Tirthan valley - Driving time 10-12 hours depending upon traffic and how early you start
Go on the NH1, take the manali highway, and just before Aut tunnel turn right. This road goes to a small town called Banjar. couple of kms before Banjar is the diversion to Ghusaini(ask for directions from locals), and there are a few resorts like tirthan valley resort etc., and also FRH etc., which if available will be given to you
Stay here 4 2 nights and visit the river, and Jalori pass(can be skipped if you intend to go to shimls)
2. Day 3 to to shimla via jalori pass. and stay anywhere like chail etc., for 2 nights and return to Delhi

If you take manali option.
Stay 2 nights here, go to Manali(4-5 hours max), and stay there 2 nights and visit rohtang and solang valley as day trip. You will find snow on rohtang pass now.
Old 25th March 2013, 08:59   #8
BHPian

Manali to Kandaghat - Driving Directions Needed

Planning for a sojourn of the beautiful hills. Have planned for Delhi to Manali and that is a usual route for me.

After couple of days in Manali, i am moving to Kandaghat from Manali. Now google maps shows me 3 driving directions and combination of roads. The link is here. Tried searching this forum as well as elsewhere on the best route keeping in mind the road condition (will be driving a X1), however could not get any concrete information.

T-bhpians, help on this and will be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
MODS: Tried searching the forum for a thread on the subject but could not find any, if available kindly merge this thread.

Last edited by rajeshchand : 25th March 2013 at 09:03. Reason: Corrected the link...
Old 27th March 2013, 09:28   #9
BHPian

Re: Manali to Kandaghat - Driving Directions Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Planning for a sojourn of the beautiful hills. Have planned for Delhi to Manali and that is a usual route for me.

After couple of days in Manali, i am moving to Kandaghat from Manali. Now google maps shows me 3 driving directions and combination of roads. The link is here. Tried searching this forum as well as elsewhere on the best route keeping in mind the road condition (will be driving a X1), however could not get any concrete information.

T-bhpians, help on this and will be greatly appreciated.
The best route plan from Manali to Kandaghat is to go via Shimla. This was arrived at after discussion with few friends and HVK. There is another route which takes you via Jalori, but that is in a bad shape with slush all around due to snow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks